Am I nagging?

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Am I nagging?

Postby Loula » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Oh and I are going through a rough patch both relationship wise and money wise! I'm always saying to him we need to be careful with our money as we have Christmas, our little boys birthday various birthdays and a night out this month and we keep having to borrow as it is! Anyway last month oh said yes I agree we need to stop taking money out the account when it can be avoided!
Some weekends oh has to stay at his dads as trains have works on etc and he has dinner there well tonight he has decided to spend out on a pizza usually 20 odd quid and I'm livid! I'm bored of borrowing money and with so much going on we can't afford it, there's me worrying about saving for everything and preschool fees in January! Anyway I text him and said I thought we were watching our money and he replied we are but you don't need to keep telling me! Yes I do say it a lot but this is why!

Am I nagging? X
Loula

Re: Am I nagging?

Postby Doobykat » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Maybe?
Men are different creatures I think, to women, & process/worry about stuff differently.
He's probably all too well aware how things are, money-wise & the pizza thing was most likely either an act of rebellion to annoy you as he's fed up of hearing about how he has to watch his spending. Or he honestly didn't think £20 was that big an issue, if it was a one off & not a regular thing.
Plus, if he's the main breadwinner these days, there may also be some feelings there of entitlement there, i.e. he's earnt it so he can spend a little on what he wants to.
If things are really tight money-wise, there maybe some other things you can look at doing to save, especially given what you've got on your list to save for. Home made Christmas things (for adults) can be a good way to save money. Things like biscuits, jams, chutneys, chocolates etc. always go down very well, as do home made flavoured alcohols. For the kids, ebay, NCT Nearly-New sales and local selling pages on FB can be an excellent way to find toys etc in excellent condition at reduced prices.
I'd also say not to worry too much about buying big, expensive gifts. Small people are often more than happy with a couple of smaller gifts and token gifts for adults (especially ones well chosen) are just as appreciated for the thought that's gone into them as expensive ones.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db91a
MM/C Dec 2008 - 10w
MM/C Aug 2012 - 14w
Doobykat

Re: Am I nagging?

Postby Loula » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Thank you doobykat yes I'm sure your right it's very frustrating all the same especially as he's downstairs sulking that we haven't got any money, :roll: x
Loula

Return to Off Topic