sick while away for work, don't know what to do!

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

sick while away for work, don't know what to do!

Postby youlemming » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:19 am

Hi, I'm in the US at the moment for a weeks training at our head office and since last night I have been feeling horrid.
Went shopping for the day and was ok but then just before heading out for some dinner with the others (there are 7 of us here together) I felt quite light headed and sick.
Spent the evening sat in bed watching some tv and just had some belvita breakfast biscuits I brought with me, woke at 2.30 this morning (now just after 5am) feeling really sick, thought it may be because I was hungry as I this does happen to me but even after nibbling a couple more biscuits I still feel really sick on and off.
Didn't eat anything strange yesterday for lunch just a chicken ceaser wrap.
I haven't been able to get back to sleep as laying down makes it worse.

Really don't know what to do, don't want to spend the whole day sat in the training feeling like this and worrying about being sick (which I haven't yet).

Should I try to have breakfast?
Might get one of the others to bring a yogurt up for me or some toast and see how it goes.
50mg Clomid May
50mg June = BFP!!!!!
Due 9th March 2010
Amelia 09/03/10 7lb 14oz
Dec BFP with No.2 - Girl due 31st July 2015
Phoebe 31/07/2015 8lb 2oz
youlemming

Postby Hols969 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:15 pm

I wonder if it is jet lag or something as I know you can feel really sh!tty with that, I would keep nibbling and drink lots of liquid. I dont think you will be sick so try not to dwell on it. I had it when we went to cuba (think its the long flight) and felt really sick and flu like but it went in 24 hours)

If you really feel unwell you can leave so I would give it a try and see how you feel. Hope you feel ok soon
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby youlemming » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks, starting to feel better now so going to have a shower and see if I can eat something, luckily the hotel is jusy across the road from the office so if needed I can get back quickly.

Think sipping water over the last 4 hrs has helped.

Weird as not had this before when travelling and I usually come out here once a yr, may be that I've just finished a very heavy period so running low anyway.

Will get a couple of the other to keep an eye on me.
50mg Clomid May
50mg June = BFP!!!!!
Due 9th March 2010
Amelia 09/03/10 7lb 14oz
Dec BFP with No.2 - Girl due 31st July 2015
Phoebe 31/07/2015 8lb 2oz
youlemming

Postby hope07 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:04 am

If your still feel rough pop down to the pharmacy. I'm they'll help. Hope ur feeling better soon x
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Return to Off Topic