Maid of honour, help?

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Maid of honour, help?

Postby samanfajxo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi everyone,

So, my fiance and I are getting married. It was supposed to be happening last year - everything was booked - but due to sopme personal circumstances we had to cancel it. We have now got the plans back in motion- yay!

Anyway, i need some help. It's a bit of a story so bare with me!

When I was due to get married last year, I asked a good friend of mine - i'll call her Lucy (who also happens to be a good friend of my dad and step-mum) to be my maid of honour. Between the wedding being cancelled and now, some stuff happened between me, my dad and my step-mum - involving Lucy, which has resulted in us three no longer speaking/involving ourselves with Lucy. Now,obviously she isnt my MOH any more!
I would like to ask my step mum to be my maid of honour - shes only 35, knows how to party and would be 100% commited to being my MOH. The problem is, how can I ask her? I don't want her to think i'm only asking her because I know longer speak to Lucy, to be honest she did more for me last year regarding the wedding, than Lucy did - Lucy wasn't commited - so i'd always gone to my step mum when it came to things like the hen night and dresses etc... Im still very close with my own mum, she even suggested I ask my step mum to be my MOH, so i know it won't be a problem on that front. But i just don't want my step mum to think 'well she didnt ask me before, she asked my friend - now she doesnt speak to her friend, she wants me!'
So, to summerise..lol.. how do i ask her? and if you were my step mum, would you be offended or feel 'second best'. and genrally what are your thoughts on Step mothers being maid of honor?

LOL i hope this makes sense!
hope you're all feeling fabulous today xx
samanfajxo

Postby hope07 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:22 am

I'd just ask her hun, i'm sure she'd be over the moon, i know i would.
At the end of the day we all make bad decisions until the right one presents itself to us- good luck and have a fantastic day x
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Kasha » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 am

I would just ask her too. Maybe follow it up with how grateful you are for all the support she's given you?

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby Constance » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:51 am

Tell her you are glad the wedding did not happen last year because you made a bad mistake choosing your moh. Good luck. I'm sure she will be delighted. After all you have a second chance and you could choose somebody esle.
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Return to Off Topic