Cervical Cancer Awareness Week!

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Cervical Cancer Awareness Week!

Postby Cloudyrain » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Hey ladies I thought I would just take this week as the chance to remind all my PCOS friends of the importance of being aware of your body and of having regular smears.

Every woman should have a smear every three years, even if you have had clear smears all your life it is still important as abnormalities can occur at any time in your life (though the most affected group are those aged 25-35).

A smear takes 5 minutes and can seriously save your life. Also, if you ever so get a borderline or unreadable sample you do need to have the test done again.

Cervical Cancer is one of the easiest cancers to treat when caught early, but the early stages doesn't have symptoms, and that's why the smear test is so important.

If anyone has any questions about it please don't hesitate to ask me. I had pre-cancerous cells last year (Severe CIN 3) and although I have lost half my cervix, I have my life. If it wasn't for having that smear test then I wouldn't have been so lucky.

Xxx
Diagnosed PCOS and Endometriosis in 2011 after 15 years fighting!

Next East Mids Meet Ups: Sunday 29th July and Sunday 23rd September at 3pm, Nottingham Knight Pub

Remember: Smear tests save lives!x
Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Return to Off Topic