fitted wardrobes

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

fitted wardrobes

Postby hope07 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:25 am

Ladies- we need to maximise the space in our house so looking at getting fitted wardrobes- can anyone recommend any- middle of the range price wise.

Thanks Hope

btw- we can fit ourselves my dads a dab hand :)
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Squirrel » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:12 am

We went for sliding door fitted wardrobes in our bedroom a couple of years ago. The doors were made and fitted by the company that manufactures them for Sliderobes (Swan Systems), but we did the interiors ourselves, using components from the Pax range from Ikea. This was pretty easy as we essentially just ran the doors across an alcove and then filled in the alcove with rails and shelves. Really pleased with them, but the doors weren't cheap. I'm also not sure that fitting the doors and their runners would be a DIY job, even for a skilled dad - they were made to measure which meant that they were an extremely tight fit, but also that they look fab once fitted.

Megan will be moving into our spare room shortly to make way for the new arrival and we're going to fit Ikea Pax wardrobes in there - with hinged doors for her as I can see her losing an arm to sliding ones ;-)

Hope that helps a bit...

Squirrel

Postby Hols969 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:05 pm

We did sliding door type as well and they were from IKEA and I love them (they arent fitted but look like it so could be taken with you). Feel a little sorry for Jim as he doesnt have his stuff in there, just a tiny bit of hanging space and a few draws in a small built in cupboard ....
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Off Topic