controception help

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

controception help

Postby tlcpcos » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:20 pm

hi there ladies i need help trying to find a new controception i am on the depo at the moment but i seem to be getting a lot of back pain feel ill a lot and just dont feel very happy iv had the pill mycrogon but cant go back on it till i loose weight iv had cerazzet and it just made me bleed iv had the mirena coil twice and it kept falling out i waas just wandering if anyone had tryed anything else or could recormend any thing
many thanks tia
p.s sorry for the speeling
tlcpcos

Postby Meringoo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:09 pm

I would go to your local family planning centre to get a better offering. What's your BMI? As long as it is under 39, you can have the combined pill (you need a good anti-androgenic pill, such as Yasmin, Marvelon or Cilest). Cerazette can cause bleeding, but this settles after 6 months, so it might be worth trying again, particularly now you have been on Depo, as you would just be swapping from one progestogen method to another.

The Depo injection isn't any good for PCOS management, though it is a very good contraception choice in terms of efficacy.

It depends on what you need from a method of contraceptive. How is your PCOS? xx
Meringoo

Return to Off Topic