struggling with uni coursework... AHHHH!

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

struggling with uni coursework... AHHHH!

Postby jazzy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi Girls... I'm struggling with a piece of uni coursework at the mo. Can't seem to get my head around the theory and Its doing my head in :(
Diagnosed with PCOS at 17.
Anti Depressants feb 09
OFF Anti Depressants june 09 :)
Personality: Kind and sensitive but can be fiesty
Cerazette June 2011
Micronor Aug 2011
AD's 13/03/12 after 2 years, nine months off them (citalopram again)
off citilopram 01 Aug 2012
jazzy

Location: Derby termtime at uni, South East, Kent during holidays

Postby youlemming » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 pm

I use to be the same, I found breaking things down into smaller sections and giving them each a target to be completed in hepled.
If it's reading through something first before you can do it try flash cards writing out the main points and then if needed rewritting in your own words/terminology on the same card.

What course is it your doing and what's the piece about?
50mg Clomid May
50mg June = BFP!!!!!
Due 9th March 2010
Amelia 09/03/10 7lb 14oz
Dec BFP with No.2 - Girl due 31st July 2015
Phoebe 31/07/2015 8lb 2oz
youlemming

Postby Sammi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Can't go wrong with a quick wikipedia ;) Obviously then you'll need to find a more reliable source, but there isn't much Wikipedia won't give a quick explanation of!
No cycle for me, male factor infertility for H. Clomid resistant.

IVF#1 July/August 2013 at Bourn Hall - 35 eggs collected, 22 fertilised and frozen due to OHSS.
FET#1 December 2013 - BFP on Christmas Day!

It's going to be alright in the end. If it's not alright it's not the end.
Sammi
Verity Admin

Postby jazzy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Hi youlemming and SammiV, thankyou for your replies. I am looking at the different sections and trying to break it down. Lucky my PA helps me with typing and practical bits and bobs so that is keeping me going, just... I'm having some mh issues at the moment - keep convincing myself I can't do it then trying to fight the mental block - I have some mh issues because if my longterm disability too. Completley lost my ability to walk and be assisted in steppin/transfers at 17 due to my spinal issues and weight (even though I'm not really heavy). I swore I wanted to eventually go into play therapy at 17 to help children as I was helped by a playtherapist myself when I went through my spinal trauma but I'm really not sure if I could do it, y'know?

I keep trying to forget about it but everytime I'm bogged down with coursework, the trauma plays on my mind like it was yesterday. I'm seeing a CBT person on 26th Jan, thank god. Not sure what effect it'll have with my longterm physical disability/issues though... we'll see...
Diagnosed with PCOS at 17.
Anti Depressants feb 09
OFF Anti Depressants june 09 :)
Personality: Kind and sensitive but can be fiesty
Cerazette June 2011
Micronor Aug 2011
AD's 13/03/12 after 2 years, nine months off them (citalopram again)
off citilopram 01 Aug 2012
jazzy

Location: Derby termtime at uni, South East, Kent during holidays

Return to Off Topic