Evicting tennants

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby thebuzz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 pm

It's terrible isn't it? Tenants have more rights than landlords do and it really winds me up! The law was done to protect tenants from dodgy landlords but what about us people who are good landlords and just want to make a living? Drives me mad!

Apparently in other countries if a tenant is a day late paying rent you can enter the property, chance the locks and throw all their stuff on the street. Shame the same cant be said here sometimes!!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
[url=http://daisypath.com]
thebuzz

Postby hope07 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:03 am

Thats crap! But tbh it doesn't surprise me in the world we live.

We were thinking about letting our current house so we can buy somewhere bigger BUT due to the potential issues of problem tenants we've decided to manage where we are.

I still can't believe the council cant get some of the money for you, makes me mad to think how much of our taxes gets wasted like this, when as a working person we get nothing! Sorry for the rant but it really annoys me.
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby TryingAgain » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:53 am

so- I have a Court Order syaing they have to be out this Thursday. I had a text message last night from them saying:-

'we have somewhere to go but not for another couple of weeks, please please please give ue more time, please think of our daughter, please think of our family and please call me back and give me another chance.'

I feel sick to my stomach, this whole situation is a nightmare, I am so upset to think people can use their children as blackmail like this, I have asked the agent to call them back and explain that the bailiff will be there to move them out at the first oppurtunity.

You get nothing in life whatsoever for working hard and paying for what you have, you might as well knock out as many kids as you can, never work, live in someone elses house, oh and the government pay you to live there! drag your kids along to court. . . .

I may just give the key back to the mortgage lender and let them repossess it :cry: - can you tell I am feeling sorry for myself?? x
* TTC since 2006
* no response to met, clomid, injections
* IVF, 3 eggs, 1 embryo, beautiful daughter born 2008
* IVF #2 Nov 2012, 5 eggs, 1 embryo, BFN
* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TryingAgain

Postby Hols969 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:57 am

They are just trying the guilt trip and its worked as you feel really low now. Keep to your guns tho and keep it as Thursday, they are trying anything and then there will be another excuse in two weeks time.

It will be over soon. They have had lots of opportunities and not bothered so why should they expect you to do anything for them.

Remember also not all tenants are the same so keep the house, dont let the mortgage lenderrepossess, it will all work out in the end Im sure.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby thebuzz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Make them leave, they can't use blackmail like that. The council will have to provide them with somewhere to stay, it may only be a bedsit but until they are removed the council wont do a lot. This isn't your problem it is theirs.
thebuzz

Postby TryingAgain » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:49 pm

agent has called them and told them that they will be letting themselves in on Thrusday with a key for inspection and if they are not moving out the bailiff wil come Thursday and remove them and change the locks. Actually the locks will be changed Friday and the bailiffs Monday but think they were just trying to put th frightners on them! Can't wait for them to be somebody elses problem x
* TTC since 2006
TryingAgain

Postby Constance » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Why don't they feel sorry for YOUR daughter instead? You have to pay the mortgages rather than spend the money on her? In theory because of them you and your daugher could lose everything... B...ds!

I've worked all my life and never claimed anything, except child benefit - and they are taking it away from me as well. Some people are really crafty!

Good luck TryingAgain - you deserve lots of luck from now on.
x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby TryingAgain » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:18 am

just paid the bailiff and the locksmith to go round tomo and sort it out- eeek I feel sick to my stomach, didn't sleep last night won't sleep tonight, I wonder how on earth do they feel?!?!? :?
* TTC since 2006
TryingAgain

Postby devilisha » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:28 am

TA, I know it cannot be easy and you inevitably will wonder about them.
BUT you just have to remember that you are doing it for Your family and no one comes before Your family.
They have totally done the wrong thing and could have done things differently. They didn't and they are the ones that have made things hard for themselves.

xx
devilisha

Postby Constance » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:46 am

Good luck TA - let us know how it goes. x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby hope07 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:16 am

Hun- you've done actually what i'd of done. You've been reasonable and gave them a chance. Good luck x
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Kasha » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:47 am

Nothing to add that hasn't been said except good luck!

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Good luck, stay strong, it will be over soon. Im apprehensive for you....

I agree with Constance in that you have to think of your family, there are some people who will always want something for nothing, that is just the world we live in. We are also having our child benefit removed as I earn just over 40K but my OH isnt earning at the mo as no business around so things are going to be a real struggle BUT Im sure if I stopped paying my mortgage, they wouldnt be as sympathetic as you have been. You have done all you can to help and they have done nothing to help themselves so they made their bed so let them lie in it! It is all their own doing ...
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby sammykins » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:39 pm

hey TA :)

I agree with the girls. I can't believe they tried to use emotional blackmail to get more time!
You are not being heartless by kicking them out, and you should not feel bad. They are obviously tried everything else, and feel that they can worm their way out of the situation by using emotional blackmail.

You have given them enough chances and have been more than accommodating already, so get them out tomorrow I say and be done with them.

And like someone else had said on here (can't remember who), I hope this does not affect you with renting it out again, as thankfully, not all tenants are like that!

Good luck and hope it all goes smoothly!

x

sammykins

Postby thebuzz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:20 am

Good luck today, hope it goes well!
thebuzz

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic