Friend keeps texting my boyfriend- should i be worried?

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Friend keeps texting my boyfriend- should i be worried?

Postby FerretFace » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:56 am

Hey ladies, i really need your help/ advice. One of my oldest and closest friends keeps texting my boyfriend and i need to know should i be worried?
She only sends him jokes, but whenever we are sent any he takes it upon himself to send them to her, when i could do it myself. I also think why is she sending him jokes when she could easily send them to me?
The other night my boyfriend and i were on the sofa and they were trading jokes for quite a while. I don't know any of his friend's numbers but i felt like asking him so i could text one of them. I didn't say antyhing but i was a bit put out, especially as we hardly see each other during the day.
I tried saying something once and last night he sent her three jokes, but first asked would it be ok, before adding that i usually pull a face when he does. I see her even less cos she still lives in my home town, which is 70 miles away. They kept trading jokes for a while last night, and he's just sent me one that she sent to him earlier.
Am i being completely immature/ possessive/ unreasonable? I just think she could send them to me and he could let me send them to her. Is she trying to make a move a move?
What do you think? All replies would be great. Thank you so much.
credi in te- i do!
FerretFace

Postby Hols969 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

It would niggle me I have to say. Im sure there is probably nothing in it, but it seems a bit excessive, especially when you dont have much time together.

It takes two to tango so I would speak to your bf about it first and if it continues then perhaps speak to your friend as well.

Let us know how it goes tho and Im sure its nothing to get worked up about but I think for most it would be a bit of a niggle especially as she is your friend and not really his.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Kasha » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Seems a bit odd to me as well, unless they are friends as well?
I think if it is upsetting you, you need to say something to your bf and get to the bottom of it. No point letting it fizz because it will only make you feel worse.

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby GillyRose » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Explain to him how you feel. Tell him you find it weird. If he doesn't understand it, then ask him how he'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot, regardless if there is anything going on or not.
GillyRose

Postby joeyrella » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:23 pm

I think its a bit weird, I wouldn't like it if I was in your position. It would be one thing if they were friends first and you met her through him, but this is just odd.
I think it doesn't matter if you are being reasonable or not, if something makes you uncomfortable then your other half should be willing to stop it. After all, if she means nothing to him other than a mate of his girlfriend he shouldn't see it as a big deal. If stopping contact with her is a big deal then I think you are right to question why.
Is your friend in a relationship?
TTC since Sept 06
PCOS, septate uterus, cervical surgery, hubby has low sperm count
9 cycles of clomid BFN
IUI no.1 sept 09 BFN IUI no.2 Jan 10 BFP
Baby born Nov 2010
joeyrella

Return to Off Topic