Bikini Line Waxing

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Bikini Line Waxing

Postby GillyRose » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:09 am

I noticed another thread about BL waxing and whether it hurts or not.

My question is, what is the best length for the hair to be so that is doesnt hurt so much?

Obviously too long will hurt like a b*tch. And too short wont help as there won't be enough hair for the wax to grip.

Any answers will be appreciated!
GillyRose

Postby Constance » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:55 am

I have tried it a few times now, each time with about 2 weeks of growth from shaving. I don't find the pain bad at all - it feels like pulling a plaster off your skin really quickly - that's all it feels like for me. I've tried legs and underarms as well - same there - I was most surprised, but again all it feels like pulling a plaster off your skin. Try it with 2 or 3 weeks growth - too less may mean not all the hairs get picked up, but I don't think longer hair with hurt more. Good luck.
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Mrs Wilko » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:06 pm

I've started having mine done and i can get away with about a months growth but the first time i had it done it was quite long and it didn't hurt.... (much less than my legs or eyebrows) I also was surprised since i'd assumed it would hurt much more as it was a bigger area than my eyebrows but amazingly not!

If you fnd waxing hurts, taking a couple of ibuprofen beforehand will help

xx
Natural surprises BFP 07/2007 and 01/2012

PCOS diet 10/2010 to 11/2011 lost 7st in total BMI down from 48 to 28
Back again to loose the weight after a break (and a baby!) 01/2013

*Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Mrs Wilko
Verity Moderator

Return to Off Topic