PCOS & ME -double trouble

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

PCOS & ME -double trouble

Postby Netty » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi
Does anyone else have ME/CFS as well as PCOS?
It feels like a double whammy to me, and I would love to talk to anyone else in the same boat.

From Annette
Netty

Postby jazzy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Netty, Just wanted to share I have Cerebral Palsy and PCOS. I know its nothing like ME but I have to say that being sat in my wheelchair all day able to physically do bugger all without the help of a carer can be just as wearing and tiring and a drag. I can't go out by myself because I don't have the confidence or physical stamina to be alone. I have a friend iny uni class who has ME and we talked about Canine Partner assistance dogs. I am applying for one soon - the website is www.caninepartners.org.uk if you are interested. The charity provides assistance dogs (over 18's) to offer emotional and physical help for people with a range of conditions inc. ME.

I hope I have been helpful and I can only apologise if I sound very down because I feel it too at the mo - sorry. Hope this helps you though.

Jazzy
Diagnosed with PCOS at 17.
Anti Depressants feb 09
OFF Anti Depressants june 09 :)
Personality: Kind and sensitive but can be fiesty
Cerazette June 2011
Micronor Aug 2011
AD's 13/03/12 after 2 years, nine months off them (citalopram again)
off citilopram 01 Aug 2012
jazzy

Location: Derby termtime at uni, South East, Kent during holidays

Postby Lucinda » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:51 pm

I don't have the same conditions as either of you, apart from the PCOS, but I have left sided hemiplegia, a repaired cleft palate, right astigmatism, a perforated left eardrum, cyclic neutropenia, a repaired left cataract and God knows what else! So I have an idea of how you both feel, as pretty much everything about me is affected by one or other of my conditions! It's very tiring, depressing, wearing and so on ... :(
Daft southerner up north; age: 38; diagnosed with PCOS at 19, but unaware of the full significance until the last few years - most notably when my hair began thinning at 27! Now trying to help symptoms by using an anti-candida diet.
Lucinda

Return to Off Topic