itchy back

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

itchy back

Postby Constance » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:35 am

I've had an itchy back for quite a few weeks now and it's driving me mad. I've never had anything like this before, never had dry skin or eczema. The itchy area is in the middle of my back - it's about the size of a football above and below my bra. I tried exfoliating, moisturising, and I even had microdermabrasion at my local beauty saloon last Saturday. And it still itches, repeteadly (not all the time) daytime and also at night (it wakes me up). My DH keeps looking at the area and all he can see sometimes is one small spot, which is not a typical spot really, just a bit of red skin...

I have no idea what to do. I bought some E45 itch relief cream yesterday, but it has not made any difference at all.

I think I'm getting close to asking for a GP appointment - are they likely to ignore me?

Any ideas?
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby thebuzz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 am

Go and see your GP, they wont ignore you. Maybe if you dont want to go there then pop to the pharmacy and speak to somewhere there about it but deffo do something about it.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
[url=http://daisypath.com]
thebuzz

Postby GillyRose » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 pm

Antihistamines?

Is it only with a specific bra that you get this? (I'm thinking it might be an allergy to the material)
GillyRose

Postby Constance » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 am

Thank you ladies. I'm still giving the E45 itch relief cream a chance - it itches less now, but it still does a bit. The bras I wear are all the same - just different colours - I bought the first one over a year ago, then fell in love with it and bought two more and got rid of all my other bras, which were soo uncomfy compared to these ones.

My DH brought some canesten (sp?) cream home yesterday so I'm going to try that as well.... :? :(
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Return to Off Topic