Plumbing advise needed!

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Plumbing advise needed!

Postby Lexa » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:29 pm

I have reported this to our estate agent but to be honest they are hopeless at doing anything..

Basically our bath hot tap slowly died, ie water pressure and now literally nothing comes out of it and I just tried to put the central heating on and its not working.. Ive checked the pilot light, turned the thermostat all the way up, checked the radiators are on and literally they are stone cold.

Any ideas? Im fearing the boiler.. but hopefully its just me being an idiot as im pretty useless with these matters!
Diagnosed : 25/04/08
Diabetes - type 2
Metformin 1500mg
Aged 25
Lexa

Postby gnatalie » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi Lexa, when I started reading about your tap I was going to say that it sounds like a washer has come loose inside the tap. This happened to my tap in the bathroom sink, and then to my mums kitchen sink! However that didn't affect the boiler/heating. I've no idea about the heating I'm afraid, sorry!
gnatalie

Postby Lexa » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:10 am

yeah I had a bit of a read up about it all then I read a post about someones boiler starting to fail as it wasnt putting enough hot water into the system so the bath tap wasnt working, so obviously I jumped to OMG MY BOILER IS GOING TO EXPLODE! lol

Just had another go at the heating and its not working at all.. pah, got the little sheet out that the landlord gave us on how it works and .. nothing. We had a boiler service a couple of months ago and the man said that the boiler is really old and rubbish, said he was going to suggest the landlord replace it but he wouldnt expect it would be, so at least we have that in our defence, Mind you I give him £550 a month so he can come and replace it if its sodding broken. Our estate agents have a plumber on their staff whos been 'coming to look at our taps' for 2 weeks. Getting sick of washing from the sink, I just want a bath!! rant over lol.

My OH is going to look at the taps tomorrow, mind you not to de-masculate him but hes a hopeless as me, im going to use your washer idea so I look clever :wink: lol. Hopefully tho it will sort it and I can get a bath. Mind you, looking at how slowly the water is heating up that may not happen either!! why couldnt this have happened in the summer!! lol.
Diagnosed : 25/04/08
Diabetes - type 2
Metformin 1500mg
Aged 25
Lexa

Postby gnatalie » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:14 pm

These things never happen in the summer when you don't need them do they! Good luck anyway, and I hope you get it sorted!
gnatalie

Return to Off Topic