How great Verity is...

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

How great Verity is...

Postby DawnyB » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:00 pm

I know this may not come as any surprise to many of you - but I just wanted to say how wonderful the support on Verity is.

Its very rare that a post goes unanswered. I'm in the process of getting weeman diagnosed with autism - and was on a support site for that - and not one person has bothered to even say hi to a post on there. Just made me want to say thank you to all the lovely ladies who take the time and care to reply.

You all rock!
MrsB was time for a name change :)

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

Ranty mum diary - my blog
DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby thebuzz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Awwww how lovely (not that nobody replied to you!!!)

Verity does rock!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
[url=http://daisypath.com]
thebuzz

Postby TryingAgain » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Ah I love Verity too.

It doesn't matter what you ask, usually TMI on the TTC thread, but women always answer with frank and helpful advice.

I LOVE VERITY :D
* TTC since 2006
* no response to met, clomid, injections
* IVF, 3 eggs, 1 embryo, beautiful daughter born 2008
* IVF #2 Nov 2012, 5 eggs, 1 embryo, BFN
* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TryingAgain

Postby Constance » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:51 pm

I get the same (lack of) reaction whenever I go somewhere else. Could the PCOS ladies be the nicest crowd anywhere and ever??? :D Definitely.
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Kasha » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:45 pm

It is a fab forum i have to say. :)

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby thebuzz » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:38 am

Can I just suggest though that we all make an extra effort to reply to unanswered posts please? For those who don't know, when you have the main Verity Board page up, in the top right hand side, just above the threads there are 3 options (written in purple of course!), the last option is 'View Unanswered Posts'. I just had a check and there are nearly 2500, granted a lot will be very old, by de-activated users or spam but there are some genuine questions and posts in there too.

If we all tried to answer 1 unanswered post each time we logged on it would make a huge impact.

Would make this forum even better!!!!
[url=http://daisypath.com]
thebuzz

Postby jen234 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:17 am

I love this forum and you ladies as you all have helped so much over the years and i hope i have helped all of you in someway or another. i haven't found better support anywhere else and i am glad i found this when i did with being diagnosed at a young age so thank you and i hope we all keep this up for many years.
jen234

Postby bloomy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:55 am

I completely agree, I'm not sure how I would have got through the past 5 years without the support from you lovely ladies. Who knows maybe I would still be TTC if I hadn't taken on board all the advice I was given from here.

We are in the process of coming up with a name for baby no.2 and I tried (unsuccessfully :roll: ) to convince DH that if it is a girl one of the middle names should be Verity, I feel that grateful to her!

Out of interest why is Verity called Verity?

Love you all xxxx
Proud mummy to my two miracles Dylan born Jan 2009 and Rosie born Dec 2011
bloomy

Postby Lamb » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Cannot agree more, since finding Verity forums back in 2009 around the time I was diagnosed I have had received nothing but friendly support and really helpful advice. As someone who uses the internet a lot, and forums, this is definitely one of the best and friendliest places I've used and it makes me come back and check most days :)

Defo agree on trying to answer more posts, I always try and answer something, or reply if I have the time as I know how lovely it is to get a reply to a question when I post :)

Thanks Verity! :D
<3<3<3<3<3
Diagnosed PCOS - Apr 09
Supplements: Omega 3 Oils, multivitamin /mineral
Holistic Support: Indian Herbs
BMI: TBC Weight: TBC
Mummy to baby Harrison born 13-1-2012!
*******STAY POSITIVE*******
Lamb

Postby hannahboo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:43 pm

bloomy wrote:We are in the process of coming up with a name for baby no.2 and I tried (unsuccessfully :roll: ) to convince DH that if it is a girl one of the middle names should be Verity, I feel that grateful to her!

Out of interest why is Verity called Verity?

Love you all xxxx

I would love to know why Verity is called Verity too!

Verity is on my list of girls names if we have another girl, DH will probably vito it but not only is it a lovely name it means a lot to me :D

I have had so much help and support on these boards since I found out I had PCOS about 3 years ago, and dont know what I would have done without all you lovely ladies. I have actually made some of the best friends I have through Verity too :D
hannahboo

Postby hope07 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm with you Dawn- Verity saved my sanity and the verity ladies helped me through some very dark sad times- and I shared my greatest joys- can't image life without my 'E' friends x
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Steph Pet! » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Great shout Dawn....I'd have been lost without V over the years....not to mention my lovely V ladies who prob know more about me than my own mother does...!!!

Loves ya all :)

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

Postby Swan_Song » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:57 am

I have so much to thank this forum for :-)
I really have a sense of belonging and peace since coming here, and I don't feel alone anymore.
When you feel life ain't worth living, take a look up to the sky and wash it down with a little glitter.

- Richard Shannon Hoon.
Swan_Song

Postby Hols969 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:23 am

Just as a reminder (Im sure you are all probably members anyway) but we are really really short of funds as membership has dropped and ladies arent renewing them either (partly due to the discussion board). If any of you got the Intouch Mag you will see how small our funding is compared to other charities £33K compaired to over £250K for most other small charities) so we are trying to raise £5K to keep the discussion board running for next year (as it is quite expensive to run and maintain it) so if you can do your Pennies for PCOS for the PCOS awareness week in November that would help hugely in keeping the board going.

Thanks Ladies.
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby bloomy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:21 pm

How do we make a one-off donation? And can it be gift-aided?
Proud mummy to my two miracles Dylan born Jan 2009 and Rosie born Dec 2011
bloomy

Next

Return to Off Topic