Knee Pain.

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Knee Pain.

Postby Lexa » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:05 am

Last year I had a knee athroscopy because I had a lot of pain, they cut away some of the cartilage and sanded down some rough bits of bone. Ever since it has not been 100% and because im overweight if you raise the issue with any Doctor then you get told to 'lose weight' like id never thought of that. thing is its getting that painful that I cant exercise anymore, not even swimming. its not the weight on my knee that hurts is when its at either extreme ie bent or totally straight that hurts and just generally moving it. I can stand on it with relative ease!? if that makes any sense.

Really fed up its SO sore and its waking me up when I move so im getting tired as well. Im going on holiday on Monday to Edinburgh and thats effectively ruined before I set off because of this.
Any ideas? Im just dosing up on painkillers and some ibugel at the moment and thats barely doing anything. Dreading work today.

seem to be stuck in a horrible catch 22.. gaining weight because I cant exercise - knee is getting worse from weight - cant lose weight because of exercise issue.
Diagnosed : 25/04/08
Diabetes - type 2
Metformin 1500mg
Aged 25
Lexa

Postby Hols969 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Can you ask for physio to strengthen your knee - my OH has had 3 cartilige ops now and it is weak but he got certain given exercises to strengthen it after getting physio, and as you say losing weight will help as well (you dont need to exercise to lose weigh). I lost 2 stone in 3 months with no exercise!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Off Topic