Antisocial Behaviour

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Antisocial Behaviour

Postby Dottywot » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi Ladies

Just wondering if anyone on V has experienced ASBO type behaviour, and willing to share their experience with me.

I live in a block of tenement flats, 2 flats to a floor and 8 flats in the block, most are owner occupied. However the flat above ours is rented out, we have lived in our flat for 3 years now, and for the vast majority of that time its been empty. 2 months ago, a lady moved in and since then has displayed various levels of really annoying behaviour. It started out with lots of banging, her stomping around (making our light fittings shake!), & DH & I thought we were just taking bad to having someone living above us. She hasn't put her name on the buzzer system so our neighbours and I will get buzzed at all hours getting asked to let people in (to which we always answer no!) She invites people round, gets drunk, and then big arguments erupt. It all came to a head last night, when she arrived home at 11pm and went off on one! In the end, at 2am, the police lifted her!

So I called the council antisocial noise team this morning and they will allocate the case to an officer and will be in touch. Other neighbours are willing to be interviewed too, but I just wondered if anyone can tell me what to expect and tips for dealing/coping with this type of behaviour!

PS Dh works shifts so I was on my own with LO last night when it happened!
Diagnosed - 2002
TTC for 5 years - BFP :) March 2008
Metformin - 23 October 2010
Dottywot
Local Group Leader

Postby Hols969 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Oh no how scary for you Dotty, especially with a LO around as well, do you know who actually owns the flat as you could go to them direct? I think its difficult to deal with it as there is little you can really do I think, you can obviously go and speak to her but sometimes it can aggrevate a situation more. I would for now, log everything that happens and times etc so you can let the antisocial team know what has been going on.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Dottywot » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 pm

The flat is rented out through a leasing company, so we don't actually know who owns the flat. The person I spoke to from the council said that they have a computer system that has the owner on it, and they would contact them.

We have to keep a diary, and phone the police right away, instead of phoning when we reach braking point. My DH met the couple who live above her, this morning and they said they have had enough too. Hopefull everyone is willing to keep diarys or call the police too.

I'm so tired now that I can't think properly!

Thankfully DH is a police officer, and works close by but not on the beat where we live!
Diagnosed - 2002
Dottywot
Local Group Leader

Postby DawnyB » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Can you contact the leasing company and tell them too? They may be in charge of it all if the owner is away. They can also note it so they do not sign another contract with that person in the flat.

Horrible to be made to feel like that in your home, hope its sorted soon xx
MrsB was time for a name change :)

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

Ranty mum diary - my blog
DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby beaglelady » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Please speak to the letting agency. If one of my tenants was behaving like this I would want to know and would expect my agency to react. Log everything as well. Good luck
had the lot pcos endometriosis, adenomyosis and fibroids. now in early surgical menopause.
beaglelady

Postby thebuzz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:02 am

I agree with beaglelady, I would be fuming if one of my tenants was behaving that way.
[url=http://daisypath.com]
thebuzz

Postby Dottywot » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Okay, I'll contact the letting agency and let them know too, and hopefully the council worker will be in touch with them too once we are interviewed.

She has broken the double glazed window in her bedroom, the section that you can open is hanging open by a hinge, and the smoke alarm is hanging down from the ceiling with its wires exposed! She has a lovely habit of leaving her front door wide open, so you can get a good nosey in sometimes!

I'll let you know how we get on!

Diagnosed - 2002
Dottywot
Local Group Leader

Postby Hols969 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:39 pm

How have things been Dotty?
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Dottywot » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Hello

Things haven't been as bad, but still not great.

I left a message with the letting agents, but no-one returned my call.

The council ASBO team have visited us (and our neighbours) and explained that it is now their responsibility to build a case to get her evicted. and explained again that we must contact the police as soon possible if there is unacceptable noise. They have also contacted the letting agency, and they have been informed of the action that they must take.

Fingers crossed she is just on a 6 month lease, and the letting agency wont let let her renew!! She called the police on her own son the other night as they were arguing over a post office savings book going missing! So thats been logged as a disturbance too!

xx
Diagnosed - 2002
Dottywot
Local Group Leader

Postby Hols969 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Poor you. Fingers crossed it wont be for too much longer!
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Off Topic