Tattoos

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby Trying » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Mrs Spoons - I want pictures!! You sound like a beautiful canvas! ;)

AFM - I've got 2

1) Right wrist (inner), a self designed inspired/slightly stolen symbol of a pheonix (my inner geek loves the X-men comics, and one of the characters is named Pheonix). I wanted a Pheonix to mark the end of my first spell of depression which was instigated from the TTC battle. It made me very empowered to get it designed and put on. I've a fairly high pain threshold, but am not a fan of needles!! I'm also really squimish about my wrists! For me it hurt the closer it got to the palm. Most people think it's a tribal tattoo as it;s all in black.

2) Right ankle (inner), this one I got in the middle of my last bout of depression. It's a strange tattoo for me I got the artist to design for me, but inspired by a few of I'd seen online etc.. It's a pretty girlie design with sort of vines, teardrops and hearts, and has a tiny bit of colour. I like it, but then it reminds me of a very low time too so I kind of regret it, but then I don't because it's kind of a polar opposite to the wrist.
The placement of this one did smart and bleed a lot more than the wrist, but then I think feet and ankles ones will because they aren't elevated etc. so gravity will take hold!

I'm breastfeeding at the moment so am not getting antoher for a little while, but would really like an outlined swallow - Fingersx'd would love to see pics of yours hun!! x x x I'm not sure about the placement, as I like them discreet so people only get a glimpse etc.. So am thinking of my back somewhere, possibly lower (trampstamp area!), lower neck or hitting the painful ankles again! ;)

I love tattoos, but DH hates them!! He really doesn't want me to get another - but tough! :p
Sam
2010 - PMA beats PMT, TTC & The Blues! It worked BFP on 03/04/10!!!
TTC - June 07
Clomid - 3/4 cycles 09 all BFN
TTC #2 - Dec 2011 (met since May 12, and lots of lbs to lose!!)
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24e4af

Trying

Postby Adele » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:15 pm

I think that if you're getting a tattoo and wondering where to put it, pain should be the least of your concerns. Remember that the tattoo will be there the rest of your life! That pain is only going to last a short amount of time. When it's done, you don't have to think about that pain anymore!
Adele

Postby CarrieR » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 am

I have 7 tattoos, the ones on my sides hurt the most hand sized celtic cats.. ive named them and everything! One on the left is Claudia and the one on the right is Tiberius.. both colour pieces. I also have felix the cat on my left inside bicep, a small tribal dragonfly on my right inside forearm, and my starsign on my right lower stomach and a celtic knott dragon on my left lower stomach.. and on my right calf just below my knee i have an atom bomb with 13 in it, because i got it done on friday the 13th in may this year.

I am hoping to get something new started soon, something that goes across the lower part of my calfs, so that when my legs are together its continuous
...most things can be resolved by a sufficiently large ego
CarrieR

Postby gnatalie » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. I've been thinking about getting a tattoo, and just wondered if any of you knew what, if anything, would happen to it if I lost weight? I'm thinking of some small musical notes on the side of my tummy/hip area. as you can see from my ticker I have quite a bit to lose, but thats coming off slowly. So basically I don't know whether to get it done soon or wait till I've lost a lot more weight!

Thanks for any help!
gnatalie

Postby orchid11 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:10 pm

I have quite a large tattoo on my hip and lost 3 stone over the past year and it has got smaller and therefor darker. I personally would wait to have it done untill loosing the weight. If the tattoo was just black outline or a solid black shape it probbly wouldn't be too difrent after loosing the weight,mabe just a bit smaller , mine was shaded and got quite a bit darker. Hoppe this helps
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Concived on angus castus Image
orchid11

Postby gnatalie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks Orchid, I think I might wait a bit longer and see if I can lose a bit more weight first!
gnatalie

Previous

Return to Off Topic