Tattoos

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Tattoos

Postby TryingAgain » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:42 am

Thought we could start something to share tattoos, my husband has got a couple and is going on Saturday to have another, I really want my daughters name written on my wrist but I am SO scared :shock:

Has anybody else got that? does it hurt? show me a piccy 8) x x
* TTC since 2006
* no response to met, clomid, injections
* IVF, 3 eggs, 1 embryo, beautiful daughter born 2008
* IVF #2 Nov 2012, 5 eggs, 1 embryo, BFN
* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TryingAgain

Postby Kasha » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:13 am

Yea I have a tat on my back, its not very thrilling lol, a small tribal type on my lower back. Had it as a 35th birthday present to myself :)
M hubby has 2 on his forearms, but on the inside not the top. One is chinese writing the other is Caoimhe's name, he's going to have Teaghan's name too somewhere.
I'm (eventually) going to have a tattoo of some footprints somewhere not decided where yet, probably aim to get it done in October as a kind of personal memory of the baby we lost.

Does it hurt? Hmm depends where you have it, size etc. It isn't painless, but it's not as bad as you think its going to be. Mine is across my lower bqck and the worst bits were the edges for some reason. But it was actually the position I had to sit in that caused me the most pain lolas I had to sit forward onto a chair with my back really straight and still for 45 mins. It really ached afterwards!

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby Gnomes » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 am

I've got three - they're totally addictive!

I had my first one when I was 16 (naughty!) and actually giggled when he started doing it - I had built it up in my head to be much more painful than I thought, and in the end I thought it tickled more than anything!

I've got a devil on my left hip (my first), an angel on my right hip, and a small flower on the inside of my right ankle. The flower was the most painful, but none of them were excrutiating.

Helen - footprint sounds like a nice idea. I saw a picture of a man that had his baby's footprint on the back of his ankle - on the outside of the ankle bone, if that makes sense, and that looked quite nice. It just depends where you're comfortable having it done, though.
Life may not be the party you expect, but now you're here, you may as well dance!

My Ovulation Chart
Gnomes

Postby Hols969 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:15 am

Im too scared of needles. Also the sort of place I would want mine is starting to sag so not sure how good it will look in 10 years time (I quite like the arm band type ones that go around the top to your armpit). The other place I had thought of having one was my lower back but its just too hairy!!!

My sister in law has 3 and I do think it can become a bit of an addiction once you start....

I think the footprint sounds lovely Kasha. Ooh just registered that you have had your baby!!! She was late wasnt she in the end, hope all is going ok for you all.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Rach P » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Not very exciting, but I have my wedding date tattooed on my right hip in roman numerals. I would say that it is irritating and a bit sore rather than painful and is quite addictive. I really want another one for Alanis and Danté, but still can't quite decide exactly what I want so still not had it.

DH has one on each arm which I'm not really keen on, but also has a black and white one across the top third of his back of two cherubs facing each other in front of the sun (i'm not describing it very well, but it is lovely and he designed it himself) the cherubs obviously represent Alanis and Danté and the sun is for me. Will take a pic and post it at some point.

xx
Diagnosed 05
BFP 8/4/08 - Clomid #2 (100mg) - EDD 13/12/08
Alanis & Danté born in hospital at 38+5 on 4/12/08 weighing 6lb6oz & 6lb13oz
Natural BFP 3/9/11 - EDD 2/5/12
Eden born in water at home at 39+4 on 29/4/12 weighing 7lb6oz

http://thiswomansworkblog.blogspot.com/
Rach P

Postby youlemming » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi, I also have 3. A sky diving devil on my upper arm, Harley Quinn from batman on my shoulder blade and the lace from a corset down my back.
Had nearly finished designing my 4th when I found out I was pregnant so it's been put on hold until we can afford it.

I found it was quite sore close to the bone but in general it was more irritating than painful.

The corset lace took 5.5hrs so I was very close to my limit by the end but something smaller to start with shoudn't be too bad.
I think wrists can bleed more (so do ankles) as there is more skin movement in the area as you flex your hand.

Would visit first and spend the time making sure they know what you want and that you are happy with what's drawn up, if they are a good tattooist they won't mind spending the time with you.

One thing to get (if they do it) is the tattoo goo can be expensive think I paid £6 for a small tin (size of the small pocket vasiline tins) but it's worth it all mine healed really well.

Sorry for the ramble but as you moght have guessed I am quite passionate about tattoo's.
50mg Clomid May
50mg June = BFP!!!!!
Due 9th March 2010
Amelia 09/03/10 7lb 14oz
Dec BFP with No.2 - Girl due 31st July 2015
Phoebe 31/07/2015 8lb 2oz
youlemming

Postby Mrs Spoons » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:05 pm

I have a fair few so will list them and try and remember the pain!!

1/. Right foot I have a dragonfly sitting on a lilly - very, very painful.
2/. Right calf I have 2 lillys going from ankle to knee and inbetween my first ever one which was a tiny dolphin! The lillys are surrounded by shading and are beautiful - not painful at all.
3/. Right wrist on top I have the sign of the twins - not painful
4/. Right wrist underneath I have the letter h - little bit painful
5/. Right upper arm I have a massive celtic cross which covered up a red devil - only painful when it came inside the arm.
6/. Right shoulder I have a black rose - can't remember!!
7/. Back of neck I have a celtic star - quite painful
8/. Going down middle of back I have my hubby's name and a saying in chinese writing - extremely painful.
9/. Left shoulder I have 2 songbirds sitting in a tree - can't remember!!
10/. Behind Left ear I have a chain of hearts - not as painful as you'd think.
11/. Upper Left arm, chinese writting - not painful
12/. Inside lower left arm, breast cancer awareness ribbon with my mum and aunt's name - pinched a little
13/. Inside left wrist, letter m - little bit painful
14/. Left hand in same place as Cheryl Cole - pinched a little
15/. Left calf, wolf's head - not painful.

If you need pictures, let me know :-)

Helen xXx

Mrs Spoons

Postby **Fingerscrossed** » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Completely addictive!

Only have 4 at the moment, but am quite fussy about where they go so have been holding back on more. But I will definitely have some more.

Am a bit obsessed with swallows - have 2 on my back in a ring of wire, fairly big in the small of my back

A stag on my hip

Hubbys initials in celtic rune writing on my ankle

Flower on the top of my neck/between my shoulder blades

I would probably say the sorest one was on my hip - where the skin is relatively thin, not a great deal behind it and generally quite a sensitive area. The outlines I found to be the most sore - filling in with the bigger needle was fine. Bits were uncomfortable, but once they take the needle off I didnt have any "after pain" as such and they only have the needle down for short amounts of time and take it off again to wipe off the excess ink, so you get lots of little rest bites and I sat pretty comfortably through them all.

It really isnt as bad as you build it up to be lol
**Fingerscrossed**

Postby Sammi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:43 pm

I have just one. A very small monkey on my foot. My family have always said I used to look like a little monkey and my OH was always 'cheeky chimp' growing up. The names have kind of stuck! All our birthday cards to each other and from family ALWAYS have a monkey on. A little bit silly but it is a little symbol of mine and OHs relationship and of my family.

OH has even given the monkey a name! Now that's sad! Lol.
Sammi
Verity Admin

Postby TryingAgain » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:51 am

...how interesting loads of you lovely ladies have tats :lol:

Well I am still not brave enough, DH has an appointment tonight to have another bit done to his arm peice so we will see. . . .

I would still love to see pics if anybody can :wink:
* TTC since 2006
* no response to met, clomid, injections
* IVF, 3 eggs, 1 embryo, beautiful daughter born 2008
* IVF #2 Nov 2012, 5 eggs, 1 embryo, BFN
* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TryingAgain

Postby DawnyB » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:18 pm

I have 2 tats, one on my hip and one on the bottom of my back.

My back one -

Sorry its not a great picture, but you get the impression. Its supposed to say princess in arabic on the middle part down the way. (I don't think it does but it needed to be tweaked to look right lol)
MrsB was time for a name change :)

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

Ranty mum diary - my blog
DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby elowyen » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:34 am

I have 3 tats.

A barn owl on my right upper arm called Fred, he was my first and I love him.

A Tree on my right inner wrist, its a Tolkien symbol meaning hope and strength.

A Maori fish hook on my right ankle, this Hurt. It's a water sign its coloured with a gradient blue to green.

I have one more on the list, a family of penguins on my back. To start with 2 emperor penguins, then if children come along have a chick put on with an antarctic background.
elowyen

Postby lianeb » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 am

I have 2 I wanted my husbands name on me in reply to him getting my name a few years before but I really really wanted a large flower fairy on the top of my leg so got my oh name first on my lower back (on my love handle) then 6 mths later I got my big one. I didn't find them painful just irritating.
It took me 10 years to decide I definitely wanted one and what I wanted and I don't want any more at the moment.
How do I post a pic?[/img]
Me and OH are 29/28 together 12 yrs TTC 8yrs
Dec 2009 - BFP (Clomid 100mg) MMC - Feb 2010 (7-12 weeks)
May 2011 - BFP (natural) MC - June 2011 (7 wks)
Aug 2011 - BFP (natural) MC - Aug 2011 (6 wks) - Diagnosed with hyperthyroidism
March 2012 - BFP (natural) MC - April 2012 (7 wks)
December 2012 - BFP (natural) still fighting due 14th August 2013
Henry William born 26th August 2013

lianeb

Postby CLAIREABELLA » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Only got one at the moment......on my right foot its a treble clef with lillies around it (for my grand-dad who loved music and my nan whos called lily) Really want more tho....i thought the pain wasn't too bad tbh...it hurt but was not unbearable
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmud9jU/]

Diagnosed June 10
Also diagnosed under active thyroid
TTC - Nov 09
Dec 09 - Started healthy eating regime
June11 - Dukan Diet

*Don't give up hope*
CLAIREABELLA

Postby ClareLily101 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:18 pm

I have just the one tattoo, 'Karma' written on my left foot. She was my dog that we got when I was 5ish? I don't remember much without her and she lived for about 16 years (she was abused before we got her so we never truly knew her age). She passed last year and I got it so she will always be by my side. She was a short legged Staffie, lived much longer than the average Staffie. I can't compare pain as it's the only one I have done but a family friend who has 20 + tattoos said she would never ever get one on her foot again as it was the worst pain ever! It did hurt but it was only 1 week after Karma passed and that got me through it!

I have one more planned (so far) an anklet with a few 'charms'. This was after I lost a charm bracelet that my best friend got me for my 21st. I'm trying to figure out how many 'charms' will fit without it looking crowded or turn into blurs? My idea is to have a 21 charm (as it's the one i lost), a cross (I was baptised, confirmed and received first holy communion this Easter), somehow 'LiveLaughLove' (think that may have to be sep tattoo somewhere else though!) and am now thinking a 'verity' charm (the 5 pearls) off of it too! I want it to be 'tied' up at the back with a ribbon in a bow too.

Would also want a marriage tat and children tats but they will have to wait for now, lol!
Clare Lily, Be Lucky xx
ClareLily101

Next

Return to Off Topic