psychic

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

psychic

Postby Verve » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Went to see a tarot card reader and I wasn't convinced. Asked me several questions 'are you married? Do you want kids? I want my £20.00 quid back. Anyone else got any stories as I'm really interested.
Verve

Postby TryingAgain » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:06 pm

This is a really interesting topic actually :wink:

I have never really believed in psychic ability, but last year my mom's parter was very ill, he had terminal cancer and I didn't know him very well before he became ill. Anyway, one of his wishes was to have some psychic healing so my mom got in touch with the local spiritualist church and he came out to see them a couple of times to give healing (he never charged them anything), and the day he died (at home) the guy from the church knocked the door and said he had come to see Ian, my mom said he has just died, he said I know I have come to heal his body and then sat with my mom and his body for an hour doing healing. Since then my mom has really become involved in the spritualist church, Ian had a spiritualist funeral and I too have had a few readings which have blown me away.

i think there are a lot of charlotens out there, and if they are asking you questions then they are clearly not the real deal. I have discussed at length with one of my mom's friend whether if she has a real connection to the dead why she charges people to pass on the messages and her anwer was 'i have a mortgage to pay', she gave up her job to do spiritual work full time and so has to earn a living.

I would say if you are interested in this kind of thing then find your local spiritualist church and you can probably speak to somebody with the gift, for free x x
* TTC since 2006
* no response to met, clomid, injections
* IVF, 3 eggs, 1 embryo, beautiful daughter born 2008
* IVF #2 Nov 2012, 5 eggs, 1 embryo, BFN
* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TryingAgain

Postby Hols969 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Yes I have, one that was recommended to me. It was funny the majority of what she said was b*llocks I think, but one thing she did say was I would struggle to conceive but would and it would be a girl .....

Yes I did struggle to conceive but Noah certainly aint no girl!! I was SOOOOO shocked when I had the scan and they said it would be a boy, I had to go back for a 2nd coz they couldnt get some measurements and a different scanner also confirmed it would be a boy !!

I have had spiritual healing before and a variety of, I suppose, alternative things done like Reiki and one where they look at your hair (cant remember what they are called tho), oh and the bowen technique (which they use on animals so cant be in the mind!!) and I do think some things work for some people and some people like to have that faith in a spiritual church or whatever but I think that some psychics are just in for the money. I think some are very clever and try and probe you for questions. I always love the Mentalist on Channel 5 and its all about what he notices about you rather than really knowing anything at all!!

Was there anything they said that made you think - mmmm I wonder or was it all a bit of general stuff that could apply to anyone?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Verve » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Holly - I'm laughing but she said 'oh I can see a baby here. It could be yours but it could be someone else's'' talk about being specific ha ha. She asked me if I had a spare room as though she was implying kids but I didn't believe a word. She got my personality right but anyone can do that. The weird thing is that I think I'm psychic I just don't use it, equally two of my siblings and a cousin think they are psychic. She did tell me I was psychic so I may as well have done my own reading. Least I didn't feel negative after it because it was so funny.

Tryingagain - That's a lovely story and very comforting. I think there are people out there who are the real deal and putting the skills to appropriate use.
Verve

Postby jen234 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:14 am

My friend went to see a physic and she told her that either her or a close friend will struggle to concieve. my friend knows i have PCOS. but it just hurt me and i felt angry at my friend for saying it. i have always wanted kids and still do i already know that i might struggle to concieve but its just what my friend said that upset me the most. she even said on the phone that i know you have problems but she just doen't get it or understands how saying something like that can really affect me or someone else
jen234

Postby Hols969 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 am

That sounds like a cop out to me to say that to your friend anyway. I think most of us know people that have struggled to conceive whether they have pcos or not!!

Ignore it, Im sure she just relayed what this person said and didnt think it may upset you.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Cloudyrain » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Hey Verve!

I have always been interested in this stuff and had a few personal experience that were definitely unusual. However, I have seen quite a few psychics and readers and been more than disappointed with 80% of them.

I would recommend you buy some cards of your own - there are some called Titania Fortune Cards that are really easy to use. I just shuffle them, spread them out over the table and hold my hands above them - there is a definite "pull" to certain cards. I have found them to be very accurate and a lot easier to use that traditional tarot cards. I have also done readings for friends, and even friends of friends who I have never met, (for free) and have had nothing but positive feedback - including a few very accurate predictions of job changes and weddings and children for people that I didn't even know. Though I always say it's all to do with the cards, and the person asking for the reading, with very little to do with the reader xxx
Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Postby GillyRose » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:54 pm

I'll let you into a secret, the person you went to see sounds like a fake!

a true "psychic" will give you 5 pieces of evidence without prompting you for information:

1) A physical description of the spirit who has come through to you
2) A description of how they passed over (Medical condition etc)
3) A name and how they are connected to you
4) A memory only you and the spirit share
5) The message in which the spirit wants to pass on to you.

Can I just say, if ever you do go to anyone who claims to be psychic, only answer questions with yes or no answers, never give away any information...its their job to tell YOU.

If they do try and prod for info, just answer with "You tell me"
GillyRose

Return to Off Topic