colposcopy

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

colposcopy

Postby bethmoore28 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:06 am

hiya

ive just had a biopsy done for abnormal cells following a smear test, the thing is it hurts more than the endometryosis I had lazered and cyst drained and coil fitted a couple of months ago - is this normal???

Thanks

B
x
Diagnosed 2000 (aged 17)
seven laproscopic drainage of cysts
one PID
Mirena fitted in May 2011
Endometryosis removed in May 2011
Depression set in November 2010
bethmoore28

Postby Veedub » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:19 am

YES! Is the long and short answer! I had Lletz done for CIN3 earlier in the year and I cannot tell you how painful it was for me. I was in absolute agony and begged the consultant to stop at one point because I couldn't breathe it hurt that much, it just took my breath away....and I'm no wimp when it comes to pain :( The afterpains were like period cramps but then once they subsided, a few days later sharp stabbing pains right up inside my vagina began. I have those kind of pains every now and again, usually after I orgasm (TMI sorry!!!!). I've been checked and all is healed fine with no problems/infection. After a bit of research, I discovered that the sharp pains are common but not reported so unfortunately the doctors don't tell you that bit.

There are plenty of women who have the procedure and are totally fine though.

Look after yourself xx
Luce xx
Me 29 ~ OH 29
PCOS diagnosed 2001 @ 19 years old
TTC naturally since Aug 2010
Started charting July 2011
BFP 18th Sept 2011
Veedub

Postby bethmoore28 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:46 am

Thank you, oooooh doesnt sound too good, I'm never one of the lucky ones lol!!
I was incredibly painful, the nurses were fantastic though.
I have a hot water bottle and naproxen pain killers!!

Thanks again!
Diagnosed 2000 (aged 17)
seven laproscopic drainage of cysts
one PID
Mirena fitted in May 2011
Endometryosis removed in May 2011
Depression set in November 2010
bethmoore28

Postby Kasha » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:51 am

I had similar treatment a few yrs ago. I didn't find the proceedure too bad tbh but i remember afterwards was awful. I had what felt like bad period pains and a fair bit of bleeding. Was ok after a few days tho.
I took cocodamol and brufen for pain and that was ok.

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby Cloudyrain » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Hey hon!

Hope you are feeling ok. Everyone is different, and some people have more nerve endings than others. I personally felt nothing when they did the first 2 biopsies, just a pinch, but when they tried to get a bit in an awkward place - oh my word! I think a lot of it is that a person naturally tenses up when they are doing that kind of stuff.

If it needs to be treated you can ask for it under general anaesthetic if you are very worried, or even to be prescribed something like Valium to chill you out so you don't feel the pain.

Good luck and a speedy recovery xxx
Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Postby CarrieR » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:36 am

few years ago i had a colposcopy done and then second time around they did a biopsy of my womb... the only other time i have been in that much pain that i wanted to be sick, is when my ovary twisted a few years before that.

I am NOT looking forward to have my mirena coil changed either
...most things can be resolved by a sufficiently large ego
CarrieR

Return to Off Topic