Things we find annoying?

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Postby beaglelady » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Colleagues who say they will do something then dont. Also colleagues trying to shit stir excuse the french !
had the lot pcos endometriosis, adenomyosis and fibroids. now in early surgical menopause.
beaglelady

Postby Dottywot » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Not too sure if this really belongs here but I need a rant!

I'm full of the cold, and feel crap! DH working nights so still needed to get DD out of the house this morning so that he could sleep in peace and quiet, meant to be taking DD to swimming lessons tomorrow (i still have to be in the pool with her!) and i just cant face the thought of taking my clothes off, and having a 45 minute lesson - phoned to ask if my mum or dad would take her into the pool so all I had to do was get her changed but no can do! Just wish I would feel loads better in the morning or that someone would offer to help out!
Diagnosed - 2002
TTC for 5 years - BFP :) March 2008
Metformin - 23 October 2010
Dottywot
Local Group Leader

Postby Sammi » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:34 pm

The weirdos that come on here and try to post with an advertisment/link to:

Belly fat reducers
Diet pills
Shoes
Curtains
Acne treatments
iPads
Fork lifts (my favourite so far!)

The list goes on.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
No cycle for me, male factor infertility for H. Clomid resistant.

IVF#1 July/August 2013 at Bourn Hall - 35 eggs collected, 22 fertilised and frozen due to OHSS.
FET#1 December 2013 - BFP on Christmas Day!

It's going to be alright in the end. If it's not alright it's not the end.
Sammi
Verity Admin

Postby Tulip » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:58 am

Unnecessarily rude people.
Bullies.
Liars/Cheaters.
And erm... Baked Beans :oops: I really cannot stand them!!
Tulip

Postby badger » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Just experienced mine again so thought i'd comment.....

Old people who think because they are old they have a right to push past you or be rude!!

Especially the ones who talk about younger generations being yobs and having no manners, when I stand there holding a door open for you or offering to help get something off a high shelf in a shop... im not doing it for my own health!!

Rant over, hehe.

xxx
badger

Postby Hols969 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:30 pm

I do find some of the older generation bl**dy rude I have to agree, I know when I was pushing noah in his pushchair, they made you go on the road (and most of them were still fit and healthy enough to do it!!)
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Kasha » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Child genderisation.
Went to the Disney store today as we were in Stockport. Caoimhe is really into Toy Story atm so we looked for things Toy Story related. Everything (except the toys) is aimed at boys. Pjs, homewares etc etc. She wanted pjs so we had to get the boys ones. I'm not really fussed that she's got boys' pjs as such, she has another boys set (hungry caterpillar) but when i went to the girls' clothes section it was all disney princess abd fairies. Well apart from the fact that i would have thought that Toy Story was aimed at, and appeals to, boys AND girls i pbject strongly to the implication that little boys like adventurey stuff and little girls like pink fluffy princess stuff. Mine doesn't, she likes everything from her dolls' house to her trains so does that make her abnormal?
I'm getting pretty sick of merchandising/advertising trying to genderise our children at such young ages. I know there must be a market for gender specific items etc, but is it a case of manufacturers answering a need or making us think that's what we want??
And i hate putting my girls in pink, i have little choice!

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby Mrs Wilko » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:53 pm

totally agree with you on that one - drives me potty!!!

after my section i was out in a week or so buying non pink clothes for Eleanor as everything we got was pink!

Definately not nurture in our case that she likes everything pink and princess-y, (although she does like trains and toy story which are typically aimed at boys) but not sure where she's got the obsession from!
Natural surprises BFP 07/2007 and 01/2012

PCOS diet 10/2010 to 11/2011 lost 7st in total BMI down from 48 to 28
Back again to loose the weight after a break (and a baby!) 01/2013

*Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Mrs Wilko
Verity Moderator

Postby Hols969 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Noah loves pink fluffy stuff ...... He has pink bed socks which he loves and so be it, Im sure it wont make him gay, he either will be or wont regardless of any of it!! I know some of the older children take the p but he likes it and I dont discourage it. He also likes doing kitchen stuff and some of the children say 'thats for girls' which drives me MAD. Noah will be a very modern man when he is older if I have my way ....
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby sammykins » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:19 pm

completely agree on the genderisation!! We didn't tell the sex of DD to anyone when I was pregnant so as to not get inundated by pink stuff.

I make a point of not buying pink, and yes, sometimes I have to get boys clothes.
I also buy a lot of clothes from France as the pink princess/fairies culture hasn't quite reached the same levels as it has over here.

sammykins

Postby MsMara » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:45 pm

it bothers me too even though I have no kids.

@ Holly, I think that's really nice that you don't worry about Noah loving pink - it irritates me so much when people don't let their sons like x because it will make them gay.

Something that annoys me - peas!! I hate peas!
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby petsnponies » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:05 pm

I hate it when RUDE customers don't turn up for their stay - not even bothering to cancel, just not turning up! I know have an empty kennel over christmas and have also turned away many other people who were desperate for their dogs to stay here :twisted:

needless to say there is a big fat note on their file......
Type 1 diabetes. DH SA OK. Natural ovulation. Tubes clear. 1000mg Metformin.
IVF Funding approved! Clomid in the mean time!
11/07/11 - BFP!! :)
petsnponies

Postby Constance » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:31 am

Petsnponies - you should take credit card details at booking and tell them there is a 50% charge for late cancelling (let's say last 24 hours), or not showing up. Everyone else does that! It's really rude. You could also take phone numbers from others just in case someone does not show up.

I hate car drivers who push themselves in queues from sides - would they do that if they were not in their cars???? Rude cowards hiding behind their windscreens.... :evil:

Also, it absolutely annoys me that the clothes manufacturers put labels with sharp edges on the reverse of clothes - I remove every single one of them for me and my son, but most of them are "welded in" - more properly fixed than the clothes themselves!. Am I the only one who hates her neck scratched all day long?

I feel so much better now. :D Happy Christmas everybody!
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Busy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:04 pm

getting very stressful post today. Isnt this time of year stressful enough?
On Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Thyroxine, trying to get back into taking Metformin and Orlistat
Easter weightloss challenge - need desperately to lose something!
Busy

Previous

Return to Off Topic