Things we find annoying?

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby Constance » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:03 am

Wow, and I have always thought that people working in supermarkets are so nice, and on rare occasions I do ask them a question they always know the answer and are most polite. :?

The thing that annoys me is when they cannot bother to put their stock on the shelves - I tried shopping daytime, evening time, during the week, in the evening. Usually avoid weekend like fire. And there are always some things missings from shelves, not to even mention that I come to do a weekly shopping and lots of stuff expire 2 days later, so I run aroung the place like a mad chicken trying to quickly come up with new meal ideas for the whole week that are acceptable for Slimming World! But I would blame the bosses for that, not the people stacking shelves as this must be their policy. They are obviously trying to get me to come more that once a week, and I'd rather go shopping somewhere else next time.

I won't even mention how they annoy me when they move the goods around the supermarket - why? To make me look for something for 15 minutes? Or to make me ask somebody??? :D There you go Lexa. It's not us that are annoying - it's your bosses!
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Lexa » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:54 am

Omg the moving around REALLY annoys me. People will ask me where something is and then its gone.. lol.

The problem with the stocking issue is that - well from my experience - Most supermarkets are massively understaffed. there is so much work that we do that people outside of retail wont know about, like we have to spend a couple of hours a day scanning gaps and lows so that more stock gets shipped in and then we have a report that tells us what we havent scanned that the coimputer think is actually a gap so we have to go round all the things in the store and correct the inventory, all easier said than done because a lot of things are dual located which happens ALL the time and know one tells you! Then you have a shrinkage report that tells you if you scanned one item of something and you should have 20 so you have to go investigate it. As well as put out stock, dispose of stock, code check - where you go through all the products to scan dates, reductions etcetc so thats why we get annoyed when people are rude to us, I am literally now doing the job of what used to be 3 people and most days I get out late and dont get paid overtime but if I dont stay late it will make it harder in days to come and no-one else will do the work for me because they are in the same boat! Its very frustrating.
Obviously there are a few lovely people who are SO nice but the majority of customers are just plain rude. Id would NEVER speak to someone they do to us. I have been in tears before from customers, def not job satisfaction. Seems to be a case of I want that product and if its not in stock im going to make your life hell even if its not your fault!

bahh..
Diagnosed : 25/04/08
Diabetes - type 2
Metformin 1500mg
Aged 25
Lexa

Postby petsnponies » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:36 am

My diabetic team have annoyed me! :twisted:

13/14 weeks pregnant and have been suffering horrendous night time hypos for the last couple of weeks. On looking around on the internet is seems that when the placenta starts to take over making progesterone (which is a hormone that causes insulin resistance) there is a temporary dip in insulin requirements.

So, why, when Im at the hospital every 2 weeks, have they failed to inform me this would happen? I shouldnt have to find these things out on the internet.

Feel bloody crap now not to mention putting on loads of weight due to eating and eating to keep my blood sugar up. :(

And to top it off had the SIL giving me loads of 'useful advice' on getting through pregnancy and labour last night.
Erm, excuse me, being diabetic and pregnant is no where near the same experience as it is having a 'normal' pregnancy. I have to spend 9 months worrying about whether im harming my baby with every wrong blood sugar reading I get, suffering from horrible panic inducing hypos, waking up in the night to test my blood sugar and eating even though I really dont want to. and then the birth (if i dont end up having a c section through preclampsia) I will be strapped to every machine under the sun and have the added burden of keeping my blood sugar perfect AS WELL as dealing with the pain of childbirth. Then my precious baby may have to get whisked to special care. So dont make it sound like you have been there and done that, you have no idea!!!! :twisted:

Sorry ladies - bad mood today lol!
Type 1 diabetes. DH SA OK. Natural ovulation. Tubes clear. 1000mg Metformin.
IVF Funding approved! Clomid in the mean time!
11/07/11 - BFP!! :)
petsnponies

Postby Constance » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 am

Christmas, winter, short days, cold weather. I want the summer all year round - even if it rains all the time!
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Kasha » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:33 am

Americanisation of the English culture.
If you want to live in America, feel free to go there. I happen to be English, and proud of that fact. We have a beautiful, rich culture and language all of our own.
I swear if I hear Sky Sports say 'Team GB' once more I'm putting something through the telly.
And don't get me started on 'american' adverts with american accents on nick junior et al.
Be proud to be British!

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby petsnponies » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:04 am

a couple things today...

1.) owners who can't be bothered/are too scared to train their dogs properly, and think that by spoiling them that means they love them. Well it doesn't! The amount of dogs I have to train to walk on a lead/be social with other dogs/basic commands is ridiculous. and honestly, most dogs that come here don't even know their names!
Have one in at the moment with cherry eye and canker that never has its drops in at home because the owners just cant get her to stay still and she bites. I asked them to bring the drops anyway, and guess what, after 3 days spending a little time with the dog, being firm, consistent, and rewarding good behaviour but not letting her get away with struggling/biting, she had both her eye and ear drops in yesterday - its not rocket science! - and the worrying thing is these people who cant even half train a dog have kids!! :shock:

2.) oh yeah, and my inlaws still haven't paid back the £600 they owe me, not even a mention of it even though its been 2 years now since i lent them the bloody money. Why I added them again of facebook I don't know - just get wound up by all the 'mmm making a roast beef dinner' statuses (oh you're having a beef dinner are you - nice that you can afford it cuz I flimmin can't!!). Im still in debt and have been getting charged for using my over draught all that time - infact the charges add up to more than the money they owe me! So difficult to claw yourself back out of debt when you earn very little money. All the inlaws are on benefits and its ridiculous that they are better off than me!

3.) and slightly annoyed with hubby because he promised he would sort it out and keep asking for the money but he hasn't (and only does when i have a fit about how poor we are).
Type 1 diabetes. DH SA OK. Natural ovulation. Tubes clear. 1000mg Metformin.
IVF Funding approved! Clomid in the mean time!
11/07/11 - BFP!! :)
petsnponies

Postby Kasha » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:24 am

Lexa wrote:also, I work in a supermarket and generally.. customers. heres my list.

1) when im talking to a fellow worker the assumption that its okay for a customer to butt in.. is it in any other situation?

:wink:

Mmm not sure what you mean by this, but i find it quite rude when i am in a public place (supermarket, shop, cafe, hospital, surgery etc etc etc ) where there are customers and you are being ignored because the employees are chatting. I actually tell people pff at work for that and i find it quite unprofessional. Obviously if you're talking to a colleague about something work related that is a completely different issue and i agree with you. But if it's chit chat then sorry i dont think it's professional. I also hate being ignored when i am waiting to order or pay for something while the assistant is doing something else, but i will gladly wait a considerable length of time if i am acknowledged (just a simple 'be with you in a minute' will stop me walking out of a shop if i am being ignored!) but as constance says most people who work in shops are lovely and polite. And i am with you on customers being rude, there's no need at all for it! I am terrible at being rude to people lol but only if they deserve it!

Petsnponies - that is so annpying. My sil has greyhounds and they are the worst behaved dogs ever! And she lets them get away with it. The dog is told not to get on the sofa (for instamce) when i am there with teaghan (he is big and clumsy) and he ignores me, so my sil just shrugs and says he's stubborn! So train him not to be then!
Oh and never lend money to family, i learned that one a long time ago!

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby Constance » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:49 am

Can't you tell them you need the money back now as you need some things for the baby and for your matternity leave??? and then never give them any more again! My cousin once took £100 from me (for a fortnight) and gave back £80, a few months later I was so annoyed I texed her that I needed the rest back please - how much longer is it going to take? and I got it back- and she still talks to me - not my problem she is trying to be crafty, is it??? She should be ashamed that I had to ask!
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Hols969 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:02 am

I hate it when drivers get to a roundabout and want to go straight on and straddle the two lanes - Im sure it doesnt say in the highway code, if you want to go straight on then straddle the two lanes, Im sure it says use either .... makes me mad and I do shout at them as it means no one can fit past on either side.

Lack of manners on the road as well (says me who shouts at the users at roundabouts ...), no one says thank you if I let them out, it is optional to let you out so I wish they would acknowledge it (the boys in the BMW's are the worst and have stopped letting BMW's out ...)

I have a small car as well and the bigger cars seem to think my car has no welly but it does so they presume its ok to pull out in front of me (so I then have to brake ...)

Car/driver rant over .... for now
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby bloomy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:37 am

Parent and child spaces that are no wider than a normal space. We don't need to park right next to the supermarket entrance, we have legs! But we do need to get a car seat in and out of a passenger door, or open it wide to get a toddler in and strapped in.

And don't even get me started on people without kids using them, or when their kids are 12!
Proud mummy to my two miracles Dylan born Jan 2009 and Rosie born Dec 2011
bloomy

Postby Constance » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 am

I agree - once the kid it big enough to get in and out on his/her own, they need less space than adults...
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Dottywot » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:00 pm

I find it annoying that I take things so personally, especially when i'm hormonal! Head says 1 thing, heart says another!
Diagnosed - 2002
TTC for 5 years - BFP :) March 2008
Metformin - 23 October 2010
Dottywot
Local Group Leader

Postby Kasha » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Don't get me started on parent and child spaces!
I've complained so many times at the supermarket because the spaces are taken up by people who shouldn't be using them. At our local sainsbury's its nearly always the same elderly couple too.
I'm also not bothered about how far away from the entrance they are, as long as they are safe (and big enough!) the thing i like about the spaces at our sainsburys (and the tesco as well) is that they go straight on to the pavement. I find it so stressful walking with Caoimhe across a busy car park, especially when numpties can't drive the right way, or safely around it!

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby FerretFace » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Bad spelling and grammer
People ending a sentence with the word "so"
Pushing in when i'm queing
Automated dialling- why can't we get straight through to someone when we phone up?
Inappropriate clothes for children
I'm the one who always has to phone the family and go to see them, but no one makes the effort for me
People who should give their seats up for those who need it just sitting there
Drivers who don't indicate then give you funny look when they nearly drive into you; when i'm crossing the road it's my right of way when i'm on the road first. They don't have the right to nearly land in me in casualty
Practical jokes- i do have a sense of humour, but i don't find practical jokes funny. Or wind- ups.
Ignored job applications/ interviews
Hard core music
Someone sounding like they're asking a question when they're making a statement

I now sound like a right cantankerous woman but i'm ok really :)
credi in te- i do!
FerretFace

Postby Squirrel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:15 pm

FerretFace wrote:Bad spelling and grammer

Or even grammar :wink:
I must admit, spelling, grammar and common courtesy are the things that REALLY bug me, but then I have to write coherent English for a living.

Squirrel

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic