Things we find annoying?

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Postby Busy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:08 pm

bumping this up as annoyed

1. Why, why can't people say thank you, on this board included. People ask for or are offered advice and then don't bother to say thank you. (This hasn't happened with my posts particularly but just reading through others).

2. Therapy annoys me.

3. Therapy annoys me.

4. Therapy annoys me.

Bad day, ignore!
On Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Thyroxine, trying to get back into taking Metformin and Orlistat
Easter weightloss challenge - need desperately to lose something!
Busy

Postby Hols969 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:40 pm

I know what you mean busy, but some arent as well mannered as us!! I think a lot of people lack manners nowadays which is a shame because they cost nothing!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby MsMara » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:13 pm

people reading over my shoulders, really annoys me
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby Debbs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:00 pm

mamas and papas at the moment really annoys me! :roll:
TTC since May/06
Sept/09 ICSI#1 Chem preg
Jan/10 FET#1 BFN
June/10 ICSI#2 BFN
Aug/10 FET#2 BFN
Jan/11 ICSI#3-BFP
NK cells, normal with elevated CD19 & CD5 immunes
Heterozygous+ PAI-1 gene polymorphism
Heterozygous+ MTHFR gene mutation
Debbs

Postby happygolucky » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:04 pm

The thing that annoys me the most is when I do something for someone and they don't say thank you.

Like today while out with my nieces someone asked for directions. I gave her directions and then she started to moan at me because it was further to walk than she wanted! How rude! My niece got bored waiting for her to finish and then said " why is she being so rude?"
happygolucky

Postby joeyrella » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:20 pm

1. Sniffing.
2. People who can't manage a train or bus journey without making a phone call.
3. People who insist on calling me 'Ms', why is everyone afraid of using 'Mrs' these days?
4. Cars parked on pavements - they're for walking on, not parking on
5. Football - its just overgrown boys kicking a ball around, I don't get it!
TTC since Sept 06
PCOS, septate uterus, cervical surgery, hubby has low sperm count
9 cycles of clomid BFN
IUI no.1 sept 09 BFN IUI no.2 Jan 10 BFP
Baby born Nov 2010
joeyrella

Postby kennycat » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:26 pm

I am very intolerant indeed according to my husband so its hard to whittle it down to just a few things but here goes...

1) people who go ALL the way round the supermarket with their trolley then can't be bothered to put it in the trolley bay at the end and just leave it in a parking space.

2) People who spit on the floor

3) People who drop litter

4) The fact that all advert breaks on all channels seem to be at the same time!

xx
kennycat

Postby petsnponies » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:34 am

What's annoying me today...

1.) people who feed their dog lots of rich food the day before they come in (its ok for them, they are on holiday whilst the poor dog is sh**ing round the clock Im cleaning it up!:twisted: )
Type 1 diabetes. DH SA OK. Natural ovulation. Tubes clear. 1000mg Metformin.
IVF Funding approved! Clomid in the mean time!
11/07/11 - BFP!! :)
petsnponies

Postby Lexa » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:25 pm

My OH keeps putting the shopping away.. but not removing the carrier bags. seriously! I keep opening the fridge to find it full of bags?! More annoying he doesnt seem to understand what hes doing wrong?!
Diagnosed : 25/04/08
Diabetes - type 2
Metformin 1500mg
Aged 25
Lexa

Postby Lexa » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:35 pm

also, I work in a supermarket and generally.. customers. heres my list.

1) when im talking to a fellow worker the assumption that its okay for a customer to butt in.. is it in any other situation? No.

2)The customers who think Im there purely for their bidding. Strangely I am employed to 'help' you if needs be, not to do your shopping for you.

3) The words ..'Excuse me' escpecially from the other end of the aisle.. if we dont hear you we are probably ignoring you.

4) The stupid script i have to go through every single time someone cant be bothered to look for something just encase its the mystery bloody shopper.

5) the fact my manager doesnt understand why Im behind on my work when I go through all of the above every 5 mins.

6) 'erm can you approve this alcohol for me' ..'no sorry I cant do that, ill find someone who can' .. 'well you work here dont you'. YES but I only work here i dont work on every department. Some people arent allowed the little peice of paper with the barcode.. okay?!

7) the fact i hear 'oo its cold down here.. isnt it' about 500 times a day.. yes i know I work in this section 39 hours a week.

lol I could actually go on forever. I have turned into such a bitter person. Please be assured tho that the majority of people who work in retail hate customers and the rest are probably lying. thankfully I only have three more weeks of my notice period left :wink:
Diabetes - type 2
Metformin 1500mg
Aged 25
Lexa

Postby Mrs Wilko » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:51 am

lexa - your posts made me laugh!! As for interrupting - it's one of my pets hates too so i am very concious of not doing it when i want to ask a question of supermarket staff and generally feel a bit of a plum waiting for them to finish chatting but it's better than being a pain in the arse!!

the things which are annoying me at the moment are:

whingy, whiney children... mine is going through that stage at the moment and it's driving me mad!!!

people who park in parent and child spaces - i collared someone yesterday about it (where i found the courage to do it while they were getting their trolley i don't know!)

my immediate boss who seems to think it's ok to get me to do lots of little crap jobs which she can clearly do herself - she's started asking me to not only do all of her filing, photocopying and answering her phone (I'm not her PA) but also now asking me to put files away in the cabinets.... she walks past it a billion times a day - why is she incapeable of doing it???!!
Natural surprises BFP 07/2007 and 01/2012

PCOS diet 10/2010 to 11/2011 lost 7st in total BMI down from 48 to 28
Back again to loose the weight after a break (and a baby!) 01/2013

*Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Mrs Wilko
Verity Moderator

Postby Lexa » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:51 pm

haha, yeah bit less grumpy now, bad day yesterday!

It's jsut the attitude that shopworkers are lesser people tho!
Diabetes - type 2
Metformin 1500mg
Aged 25
Lexa

Postby CysterSister90 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:32 pm

People probably won't agree with me here but what grinds my gears at the moment is people who say the unemployed shouldn't be so picky and just take that cleaning job. Well I am sorry I've just spent 24k on a degree over the past three years I do apologise if I don't want to take that cleaning job as my first employment after graduating at 7 quid an hour for two hours per day . I kinda think I'm worth more than 70 quid per week !!! (yes I know the dole is less)

Rant over !!! my other favourite was that everyone on benefits should go live in a camp with food vouchers - I'm sorry I wasn't aware I wasn't allowed a life either :evil:
CysterSister90

Postby gnatalie » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:18 pm

I totally agree with you Lexa!! I run a cafe in a museum, and its so hard trying to be polite to annoying and rude customers! And I think working with the general public can make you really bitter!! I also don't get why people think they can speak to you like you're something they stepped in - especially when most of the time its something out of my control. I don't make the prices, I just work here - if you don't want to pay then don't have it or don't come in!

ok thats it, lol.
gnatalie

Postby Lexa » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:44 am

yes natalie! that really bugs me. When people come in and start ranting about what offers are on which items etc and its like.. do I look like I have ANY control over this?

Some old woman came into work and started ranting about how an offer wasn't clear.. It really was clear. It clearly stated ALL STICKERED ITEMS ARE 2 FOR £5 however she managed to pick practically the one item that wasn't stickered and then bang on about how she should have two for £5. I actually won on this occasion. Dont usually.
Diabetes - type 2
Metformin 1500mg
Aged 25
Lexa

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic