Things we find annoying?

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Things we find annoying?

Postby hope07 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Thought I'd start this thread as my hubby has just done two things that annoy me on a daily basis.

1. Dropping the toilet seat down so it bangs. (rather than just putting it down)

2. Likewise dropping the lid to our wooden laundry basket down-

both make the most annoying noise, and our LO is having a nap, so I just wish he'd keep it down!

Sigh... Feel better for getting that off my chest- feel free to add to the list!
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby devilisha » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Great Idea Hope :D

1 - My OH has the cheek to yawn and say he is tired

2 - Leave the washing up in the sink till nearly bedtime

and the dog has to bark at nothing, while Charlie is sleeping :x

We invested in some soft close toilet seats. No more banging :D
They were from B&Q.

xx
devilisha

Postby purplestar » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Recycling and rubbish collectors around this way. Serious, we never know one week to another what day they'll turn up, or what (if anything) they will decide to collect on the day if they do come.
Diagnosed '93, Met since March '00 (2000mg/day), Spironolatone & Yasmin (when not ttc)

ImageImage

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
purplestar
Verity Moderator

Postby Mrs Wilko » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:53 pm

1. People who talk/text on their phone while driving
2. Pregnant women who smoke
3. Janet Street Porter
4. John McCruick
5. People who push past me/knock my bag while walking around
6. Slow moving people while I am in a rush
7. DH complaining when I mention stuff that needs doing or he says "I don't know what needs doing" (how on Earth do I know what needs doing/who tell me what needs to be done!!??)

There are lots of things that annoy me - particularly the top 4!!
:lol:
Natural surprises BFP 07/2007 and 01/2012

PCOS diet 10/2010 to 11/2011 lost 7st in total BMI down from 48 to 28
Back again to loose the weight after a break (and a baby!) 01/2013

*Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Mrs Wilko
Verity Moderator

Postby Verve » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:42 pm

1) Bad customer service.
2) Any sort of sports coverage on the radio.
3) inappropriate clothing for children (particularly young girls)
4) sarcasm
5) Eastenders
6) bad eating habits (crunching, chomping).
7) people who are idiots when drunk
Verve

Postby kate s » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Verve I totally agree with your number 3. I can't stand that. I also would have to say Mrs Wilko your number 7 is probably top on my list. Why does my OH need me to tell him / ask him to do things in the house, why can't he see for himself?

Oooo and the fact that my OH does not cook for me (or himself) very often as I am 'much better at it than him' and 'it always tastes rubbish' when he cooks it!! What did he do before we lived together and how does he think I learnt to cook - PRACTICE!!!!

I feel better now!!
Me - 36 OH - 29
Diagnosed PCOS 2007
ttc Jan 2010
Began weight loss 19th June 2010
SA Jan 2011 good
Lost 7 stone by December 2011
Natural BFP 26/7/11 mc 10 weeks 4 days
Natural BFP 16/12/11 please stick this time
Megan Ella born 26/08/12
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/ ... weight.png
kate s

Postby BJ1974 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:52 pm

1. Loud chewing with mouth open then smacking their tongue against their teeth to suck out bits of food
2. Talking with a mouthful of food
3. Being in a public place and forced to inhale someone else's cigarette smoke because I can't escape it
4. People who don't train their dogs to walk calmy on a lead, and the animal continually strains against the lead and walks sideways while gasping for breath - totally unnecessary :evil:
5. Drivers who tailgate - at night its even worse because their headlights are burning my eyeballs
6. Late braking (DH is guilty of this one and it scares me to death)
7. The word "minging" - it sounds trashy
8. Not pronouncing words correctly eg. "pacifically" rather than "specifically"
9. The saying "same difference" - there's no such thing, either it's the same or it's different
10. The Jeremy Kyle Show - especially if you're infertile :evil:
11. Discrimination against gays & lesbians
12. Drs who don't understand PCOS and think the cure-all is to prescribe us the Pill and tell us to lose weight

I have dozens more but can't think of them right now, so I'll be back!! :lol:
BJ1974

Postby ShadyLady » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:55 pm

i can only think of one right now that really gets on my nerves and thats when people leave the toilet seat dirty and not clean up after themselves,disgusting!
caz xxxx

yippee ki yay
ShadyLady

Postby Mrs Wilko » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:00 pm

oh, thought of another - babies or toddlers with their ears pierced - parents really should know better! Why inflict pain on your little gorgeous son/daughter???

I don't like child jewellery in any form (unless for dressing up purposes) but pierced ears totally winds me up!

and verve - inappropriate clothing is awful for little girls - especially heels and I'm dreading it when my DD gets to whatever age it is they want to dress up (much earlier than when I was younger, I bet!) as I'll have to contend with her!
Natural surprises BFP 07/2007 and 01/2012

PCOS diet 10/2010 to 11/2011 lost 7st in total BMI down from 48 to 28
Back again to loose the weight after a break (and a baby!) 01/2013

*Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Mrs Wilko
Verity Moderator

Postby Hols969 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:48 am

The person I work with .....

He belches constantly and doesnt say pardon.
He interrupts when Im talking to someone as he obviously thinks he has something 'important' to say
He is a know it all (even tho I have been here 15 years and he has for 6 months).
Arrogant

My list about him goes on - oh and he has a terrible twitch which I know I shouldnt laugh about but I wish he would stop it as I catch it out of the corner of my eye ...
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby MsMara » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:41 am

My list could go on for ages but we'll start with:

1. Bad spelling & grammar including people who insist on writing emails and letters etc in "txt spk" winds me right up.

2. People who make judgements about people without any idea what it's like. e.g. judgements about people who are overweight, have SH scars, have MH problems.

3. People who will back an argument without listening to any reason & people who are contrary just for the sake of it.

4. People who are supposed professionals & do drugs. e.g. I know a teacher & a person who works in an operating theatre who use illegal drugs & it reaaaalllly winds me up. Then they complain they have no money :evil:

Edit: thought of some more lol.

5. Really loud, distorted hold music.

6. Bad customer service

7. People who are rude for no reason (I get narky as much as the next person, but there's just no need to be horrible, ya know?)
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby Evany » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 am

1) my flatmates who leave the kitchen dirty so we may all get fined.
2) Crowds, I get crowd rage with people who are rude.
3) Men in the cinema moaning about seats when all they need to do is ask can you move your coat please. Oh and then they glare at you because your drink is in the cupholder and he now has no elbow room. SO he should have stayed where he was! (sorry specific event when I went to see Harry Potter 4)
4)People who are inconsiderate of those around them.
5) Children who act like adults
6) Kids with mobile phones at 7 years old (WHO DO THEY CALL???)
Evany

Postby MsMara » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:49 pm

Evany wrote:1) my flatmates who leave the kitchen dirty so we may all get fined.
2) Crowds, I get crowd rage with people who are rude.3) Men in the cinema moaning about seats when all they need to do is ask can you move your coat please. Oh and then they glare at you because your drink is in the cupholder and he now has no elbow room. SO he should have stayed where he was! (sorry specific event when I went to see Harry Potter 4)
4)People who are inconsiderate of those around them.
5) Children who act like adults
6) Kids with mobile phones at 7 years old (WHO DO THEY CALL???)

INDEED!! INDEED!! INDEED!

AND AN AMEN
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby shinycat » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Hope, yours made me laugh! My Hubby has the most annoying habit when he is getting undressed at night of throwing his clothes on the floor rather than calmly folding them. If Lorna is asleep, it will wake her up, and if she is feeding, she'll turn her head to see what the noise is, with my nipple still in her mouth. OUCH!!!!
shinycat

Postby mrsnutts » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:37 pm

My niggle is directly due to me watching Nigella's kitchen while surfing. I hate her smug look to camera - simpering!

I hate people who notice the one thing you haven't done, when you've delivered 50 other things, some of which were really delivered against the odds.

Nursery staff who manage to lose bottles - don't they realise they cost £10 to replace, and having less bottles makes more work for me.

When my brain goes completely haywire, and I do something daft - today I got a bag out of the glove compartment in my car, but replaced them with my car keys. As I was on the phone (parked) at the time, I didn't notice that my keys had disappeared until after I finished my call, and had to empty my 2 bags, check pockets etc, before retracing my steps to find them in the glove compartment!

The rant could go on, but I've got my daughter's Xmas party to go to at nursery x
50 mg Clomid days 2-6, 1500mg Metformin per day for approx 1 year
mrsnutts

Next

Return to Off Topic