IBS?

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

IBS?

Postby s_x » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:15 pm

I started to get really bad abdominal cramps when I was at college a while back (now 23) and ever since then I've had them on and off. I haven't been diagnosed with IBS but doctors said it sounds like IBS. They did a blood test and said it wasn't anything serious or gluten and that was all they did.

I get really uncomfortable sharp pains in my lower stomach, bloating and it eases a little when going to the toilet... at first I thought I'd try lactose free but it didn't seem to make any difference. I've also tried buscopan cramps and the IBS version and also peppermint oil capsules which didnt make much difference either.

For a couple of days now I have been cutting out milk in cereals and tea... I've been two days without stomach pain so it could be milk!

Anyone else have the same problems and understand?
Image Image
Age 21
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome & Hirsitism
Mercilon pill
Cyproterone acetate 50MG

Image Image Image
s_x

Re: IBS?

Postby Democrazy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Yes I can relate. It seems a common thing (IBS). My dr is going to do one more before I go back on metofmrin again. So far tests for intolerances are negative.
-Originally on Metformin 1700mg & Dianette for lack of periods, weight loss and skin from 2005-2012
- Concentrating on low GI diet and weight loss
- Conceived naturally 2014
Democrazy

Return to Off Topic