anyone lost weight and then conceived?

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

anyone lost weight and then conceived?

Postby elle_89 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Im not sure on what section this post should go in so aplogies if in the wrong place...im new to this.

Im 27 , very overweight and longing for a child but aswell as the pcos i know my weight is a big factor in why this hasnt happened. I have been referred for weight loss surgery after trying many ways to loose weight and im just wondering if anyone has had weight loss surgery or lost weight without surgery and conceived. I get very depressed about my situation and worrying that even if i have surgery and loose weight it still wont happen for me so if anyone has any stories/info they would like to share it will be appreciated:)
elle_89

Re: anyone lost weight and then conceived?

Postby Claire31 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Hey hun :) I lost weight last year using myfitnesspal and walking, I moved from BMI of 31 down to 27. I was taking Letrozole to induce ovulation and I got pregnant in August. I don't know if it was the weight loss or not. Have you heard of or ever used myfitnesspal? It's the only thing that has ever worked for me as I can eat what I want so don't feel deprived and if I want some cake one day, I can walk to earn the calories for it. It's free to use the app and long term rather than a fad diet. I will be back on it once I've had the baby. It's good to lose weight and get fit but you can keep TTC in the mean time - best of luck xx
TTC 1 since October 2005
Clomid 50mg / 100mg 2008 - No Ov
IVF #1 Oct/Nov 08 - BFP!!
Gorgeous son born Aug 09
TTC 2 since March 2011
Clomid 100mg x2 summer 2012 - ov BFN
HyCoSy tubes clear
10 cycles of Letrozole (varying doses, some with hCG trigger) all BFNs
June 2014 ICSI - BFN :(
Oct, Nov & Dec 2014 Letz BFN
Jan 2014 Surprise Natural Ov
May, June & July 2015 Letz BFN