Pcos, supplements, late mc??

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Pcos, supplements, late mc??

Postby 4myy-x » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi ladies, I have just been frightened after hearing women with pcos are at risk of late miscarriage, thought I would relax more getting towards the 12wk mark and 12wk today scan yesterday baby was well with a heartbeat, edd scan on Monday. So my question is have any of you ladies been on any supplements, medication, tablets, injections anything from finding out you where pregnant and how long for and when did you start them? 1st, 2nd or 3rd trimester, If needed to help with your pregnancy or does pcos not actuli heighten our risk of mc. I would definitely value any personal experiences and advice. Thank you. Xx
4myy-x

Re: Pcos, supplements, late mc??

Postby woody » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:01 pm

I took my metformin until 12 weeks but just taking pregnancy vitamins now. I've heard there's a link between early miscarriage and pcos but not heard about late miscarriage?
Glad your scan went well. Xx
woody

Postby 4myy-x » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:27 pm

Thanks for your reply woody, well when I heard about it I went in to instant worry but I want to speak to my gynaecologist just to confirm my understanding and wether the information is wrong or right. Because like yourself I thought it was only in early pregnancy to and then we was just like other women. To much conflicting information out there. I am still on my metformin now just need to speak to my GP about when I should stop taking it and currently on progesterone supplements to and thank you am looking forward to my dating scan now. Good luck for your scan on Monday too!! Xx
4myy-x

Postby woody » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Mine isn't until the 31st, I think it's Claires on Monday?
I'm glad you are looking forward to it, I'm just at the worrying phase but bean is kicking away and heart rate is good. It averages 140-150 bpm. I think I'll worry until May then start over with a load of fresh worries!
Did you get a doppler in the end? X
woody

Postby 4myy-x » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:05 pm

Sorry Hun, my mind is all over the place. Good luck for the 31st will that be your 20wk scan then? Yerp thanks I think that's because I've seen baby with a healthy heart beat on Friday moving around. That's so lovely that you can feel bean kicking, I can't wait for that :) that is a good heart beat! Yerp you are probably right always something to worry about. I think I am going to buy one I nearly purchased one then scared my self out of it but think it will help re-assure me at times so going to buy one after Monday and then get my mum to teach me how to use it :) do you find having a doppler re-assuring? Xx
4myy-x

Postby woody » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Yes its my 20 week one. Scary I'm half way nearly.
I find my doppler incredibly reassuring, best £40 I've ever spent. My mum looked for beans heartbeat yesterday and it made her day to hear it. X
woody

Postby 4myy-x » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:47 pm

That is so exciting are you looking forward to it? It is but soo happy at the same time :) I think am defiantly going to buy one now, I've looked through a few and trying to decided which one to buy now. It's so lovely getting your mum involved bet she was over the moon. Which doppler do you have? Honestly I've never worried so much in my life before just wanting all to go well hoping after tomorrow I can relax even more because last night after intercourse (sorry tmi) I had fresh red blood spotting so I got worried but nothing this morin, mw said can be common to bleed after intercourse so I hope it is but just looking forward to seeing baby now and everything being fine, as it's starting to sink in more because seen baby on Friday all was well and close family no now for support and with it being Christmas time, so I received my first baby gift and that's wen I sank in for me, but I can't help worry. Sorry to rant just want to make sure all is well and I think a doppler would help now xx
4myy-x

Postby woody » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:39 pm

I just got mine off amazon. It was £40 so wasn't the cheapest but it tells me beans heart rate which I love. It came with gel but now I just use baby oil which is making my tummy lovely and smooth!
woody

Postby 4myy-x » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:19 pm

Thanks, I will order mine tomorrow now after my scan, that's really good which will help in telling you if your finding baby heart beat and not other sounds. Didn't think about that what a good idea. I just hope all well is tomorrow then I can get ordering hehe just worried now thanks for listening xx
4myy-x

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood