Fist BFP, filled with worry

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Fist BFP, filled with worry

Postby 4myy-x » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi everybody,
I am new to this site but have read other peoples post in the past which I have found extremely helpful and supportive. I think it is time to say hello properly as I am looking for some advice and support and have always found this website reassuring. So here is abit of background history about myself as this may help am not sure. So I came of the pill in January 2015 and didn't get a period at first thought it was my body just getting use to being pill free. In march I booked a doctors appointment and they confirmed pcos (in away I thought this could be a possibility) to my shock still I was upset and saddened. In the April I was started on metformin 100mg which never brought on a period still. No natural period since January only an induced period in March. In May the metformin was increased to 1500mg which still didn't bring on a period. In June I was referred to a gynaecologist who wanted to send me for more scans as I was not having any periods on my own. I had an internal scan done in July or August and a hsg done in September. And between June and July I had one natural period as I had changed my diet and increased my exercise and was still on the metformin. To my surprise now in October I got a BFP which I was never expecting always thought I would need fertility treatment as I never had periods and was told it could be have to become pregnant I was then scheduled to see my gynaecologist in November. I am currently 5-6 wks pregnant and all I have heard is horror story's the increased risk of miscarriage, poor egg quality that can lead to a blighted ovum pregnancy. So I am currently filled with worry which I know I should be such an exciting time I can't stop worrying until I have a scan and know everything is okay! I had my hcg levels checked and they were 457 1st time round and 5days later they where 3423 think I may have been 4-5 weeks at this time. Is there anything I can do to sustain the pregnancy? Or know everything going ok. So sorry for the long post thought may be the information could be helpful. Would love to know anyone else's experience, advice and thoughts. Thankyou to you all and a h&h 9 months :)
4myy-x

Re: Fist BFP, filled with worry

Postby miracle19 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Firstly welcome and a massive congratulatons. That is amazing and I am so happy for you. They do say that sometimes an HSG (even if no problem is found) can help with pregnancy quite soon afterwards. I had been trying for 5 years with my daughter and then I think the combination of losing weight and having an HSG 2 months previously helped me to finally fall pregnant (along with other things). I didn't find out until I was 7 weeks and was like you totally shocked after such a long time trying. I then had a 7 year wait for my little second miracle after operations, clomid etc . You will worry and that is completely normal. It would be really easy for me to say keep positive, everything will be fine and I am sure it will be but to be honest it so hard not to worry isn't it.
Just look after yourself. Know that in the unlikely event that anything does happen it wouldn't be your fault. Saying that your HCG levels look amazing which is a fantastic sign. Are they going to scan you early? I had a scan at 8 weeks with my first daughter as we couldn't pinpoint my dates.
I am so pleased for you and please message on here or private message me if you want to talk to someone.
There is a group on here babies in 2016 who would love you to join them and then you can talk about everything to your hearts content. You will notice everyone has the same fears and worries. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Postby 4myy-x » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 pm

I would just like to say thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me and thank you for your support. I think I am currently about six week I can't pin point my dates either but seen as I had a induced bleed on the 9th September they are going of them dates and won't scan me early, this is causing me to worry more so, I just want to make sure everything is ok and going well as it should be. Your right it is so hard not to worry when conceiving in the first place is a hard thing in its self you just want to make sure you are doing everything right. I also had to push to have my hcg levels checked which am glad I did as I was happy to see them doubling but the worry of a blighted ovum is still in my mind or a missed miscarriage, low progesterone levels and I know I shouldn't be thinking like this it's just everybody tells you scare stories that just seem to stay in your mind. I know I have to just stay positive and hope everything will be okay il just be so happy when I have my scan. Congratulations on both of your miracles it just shows it can happen, so happy for you that everything has turned out well and you have two healthy, happy children. How did you find your pregnancies? Did you have many signs symptoms in the early weeks like morin sickness or anything? Thanks again for offering me support it is lovely to speak to somebody who understands and can offer advice. If you need to speak to me at anytime about anything you know where I am will be happy to speak. Thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4myy-x

Postby woody » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello,
Congratulations! Your hcg levels look great!
I am 12 weeks so have been through the emotions you are going through pretty recently! The best thing I did was get a private scan at 7 weeks (baby should be visible with a heartbeat by then). My gp wouldn't refer me for an early scan. It was £80 which is not cheap but the reassurance is worth a million times that. Plus I got some pictures!
My gp said was lovely but said she can't predict who will miscarry or not, I just wanted her to have a crystal ball, but once a heartbeat has been seen the odds of miscarriage drop dramatically.
I typed in private scans in Google and luckily there was one in hull but I think they are all over the country.
Take care and good luck xxxx
woody

Postby 4myy-x » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:56 am

Hello, nice to meet you and thank you for for your reply. Congratulations to you to fantastic news and so happy for you that all is going well. I haven't had my HCG levels repeated again so I don't know where they are up to and I don't really know where am up to either am thinking around six week currently. What is suppose to be such a happy time it is taken over by worry isn't it am so happy that all is well and now that you have reached twelve weeks you may be able to enjoy your pregnancy more that your mind is at ease. My GP or mw wouldn't refer me for an early scan either. I am seeing my mw on the 17th going to ask her about a scan. I guess that is true they can't say who will and won't but it still makes you worry tho. So lovely that you have been able to see a heart beat what a special moment. I am not feeling very pregnant ATM if you don't mind me asking what your pregnancy symptoms at this stage up until twelve weeks? Thanks again for your reply xxxxxxxxx
4myy-x

Postby woody » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:30 pm

Hello,
I am a really big worrier so do understand how you are feeling. I've got my scan tomorrow and hoping that'll bring some relief from the anxiety.
I didn't have tons of symptoms, I felt slightly nauseous and my boobs were sore, but I was so hyper vigilant looking for symptoms that I don't know how much of that was in my brain. One thing that was very real for me though was lower abdo pain. I ended up seeing my gp who said it was ibs, made worse by the anxiety of the pregnancy. And to relax! I wish!
I tried to take every day one by one because at the beginning everyday seemed a million miles from 12 weeks. I carried on exercising and did nice things that I enjoyed, such as meals out etc.
For a private scan you can just ring up and book, you don't need to be referred.
Take care and hope you start to feel better as the days go by. Xxx
woody

Postby 4myy-x » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Hello again,
So am I and I guess sometimes our worry makes us over think everything and create problems that aren't actuli there but in a situation like this it's hard no to worry with all the scare stories that you get told and what's posted on the internet. Thank you it's just nice to speak to somebody who knows how you are feeling as other people don't always understand. Am sure tomorrow will release some of that anxiety and all will be well, let me know how you get on? If you need anyone to speak to am here. Hope you ibs settles down for you now. I've had swore boobs to and have been very tired but that's all really
, not really felt that nauseas which had me worried. That sounds a good idea keeping your self busy, are you falling any particular diet since finding out you are pregnant? Think I will have a look in to a private scan, I think a scan would ease my mind a lot as there is so much am thinking about which is just making me worry. Thanks for your reply. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow (am sure it will!!!) and it brings some reassurance and you can go on to enjoy your pregnancy. Wishing you a happy and healthy final 6month :) xxxxxxx
4myy-x

Postby woody » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:09 pm

I Googled everything when I first found out then made a conscious decision to stop as everything terrified me and it was making things worse as the Internet has so much conflicting stuff on it-mostly inaccurate!
At the moment I'm just eating very healthily and so far touch wood haven't gained weight although I have a little bump! I cut out caffeine as well as alcohol etc but I know people that drink coffee, it's just personal choice. I really miss diet coke! I cook everything from scratch too, again that's just my personal choice, I'm just paranoid about additives and things but as my husband points out women eat rubbish/smoke/do all sorts and still have perfectly healthy babies. I have waited so long for this baby though that I'm doing everything I can.
Thank you for your good luck wishes. Just had my doppler out and heard the heartbeat loud and clear, I'd been having a few cramps today, so it's put my mind at rest a little. It's probably the ibs again worrying about tomorrow! I wish I could turn my brain off! Xxx
woody

Postby 4myy-x » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:32 pm

I agree with you there about the internet I read one thing and then can't stop googling it more and it does make things so much worse. I guess it's best to get advice from GPS and mw and listen to your own body, but when you can't have that re-assurance straight away it does make you worry more. That is really good, weight in pcos is such a hard thing ain't it, that is lovely to have a bump. My stomach has been bloated that's the only time I look to have a tiny bump but can't wait to have a proper bump!! I agree with your husband there is so many women who do everything a mw advises not to and they do have healthy baby's. It really sounds you are caring well for yourself, the only food I fancy to eat ATM are foods that are plain and simple I do try to eat healthy but do have treats every now and then and ATM I don't fancy some meals that I cook. I do a lot of home cooking from scratch to. Have you started to have diary products again now? Of course you will do everything you can and it has paid of and you have your little miracle and you are giving them the best start with your life choices. Welcome here if you just need to get anything off your mind. That is such a lovely end to a day to put a smile on your face, maybe in a couple of weeks if everything is well I will but one of them my self. Yerp it's only natural to feel anxious for tomorrow and hopefully things will settle down again tomorrow. That would be good if you could do that it would stop a lot of worrying!! I know the only thing that will make me feel better now is having a scan, even having my HCG levels only made me feel better for about a day or so. Xxxxx
4myy-x

Postby 4myy-x » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Hello woody,
Just seeing how you are after your scan today and wishing all is well
Xxxx
4myy-x

Postby woody » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:34 pm

It was good thanks, a bit further on than I thought I was, but all in normal range as there is a +/- if the scan and my dates were by fertility friend so no idea if that is completely accurate. Saw baby wave and they showed us all the organs. Baby can swallow! Saw lots of newborns leaving the hospital which was daunting that that'll be us in 26 weeks.
Worrying about the results of the combined test but the nt reading was 1.4mm which she was happy with. I think I'll just always worry!
How are you doing? When is your booking in appt? X
woody

Postby 4myy-x » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:14 pm

Glad to hear, as no way how far are you now then? That's perfect then and must be re-assuring that everything is well and the nurses are happy with everything to. Like you say you may always worry but hopefully the majority of that worry has gone and you can enjoy your pregnancy. Although even when your little miracle is born you will still worry then sometimes it's just natural to worry and hard not to. Aw fantastic that they showed you everything, how heart warming. Them weeks will fly by and it will soon be you leaving with a new born. I have my first proper mw appt tomorrow and a scan on Wednesday so am important week for me as it was you xxxx
4myy-x

Postby woody » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:39 pm

That's brilliant news about your scan. Have you got one on the nhs?
It'll hopefully provide you with lots of reassurance!
Is it your booking in tomorrow? I didn't get mine til 9 weeks but I was probably just late getting organised!
I hope the next 2 days go smoothly and please let me know how you go.
I'm measuring 13+2 officially but had someone else (a student) measure me at 12+5 afterwards. I thought I was 12+3! Xx
woody

Postby 4myy-x » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:37 pm

Thank you I feel better just knowing I have a scan booked in tbh and Yerp this one is through the nhs and Yerp my booking in appt but tbh I don't know where am up to thinking about 7 week this week but I honestly don't know. I hope it does give me re-assurance thank you. 9 weeks isn't late tho you sound very organised to me. Thank you for your support and positivity I will let you know how everything goes. Least you are past 12 weeks and baby is well but maybe get another opinion so you know but least all is well xxxx
4myy-x

Postby woody » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:15 am

Good luck at your booking in today! X
woody

Next

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood