Anyone due in 2016?

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Anyone due in 2016?

Postby woody » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Thanks Claire
I am lucky that I have a perinatal team looking after me who are keeping an eye on me and yesterday I plucked up the courage to say to my cpn that I wanted to visit the mbu in leeds. I was very stable for years before pregnancy so being unwell has hit us hard and I'm terrified of giving birth. Trying to do all my coping strategies to keep myself going, swimming this afternoon and trying to keep a good sleep routine. When I was diagnosed we worked as a couple with a psychologist to identify my early warning signs which has been good for my hubby. I just find it hard separating what is bipolar and what is pregnancy. Like normally I'm not a teary person but all I seem to do is cry. I don't know if this is hormones or the fact I'm on less meds.
Anyway, how are you doing? Glad your gtt was fine. I like the name Hugo, we want a traditional name for this little one.
I hope you are feeling okay xx
woody

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:18 am

Aww Mrs A congratulations on your little girl. She's gorgeous. Your birth was pretty similar to mine. But mine started at 37+3.
X
baby boy born 25th Aug 2015 at 37+5 weighing 5lb 14ozs.
Miscarriage 12/1/16 at 5 1/2 weeks
Pregnant due 17/12/16 with boy num 2.
Pinkprincess205

Postby WR83 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Well I actually cant believe I have been forgetting to come on here and say hello! A massive congratulations to all the new BFP's and also to these wonderful squishy new babies that have arrived - so exciting!!!

I am now full term technically, 37 weeks yesterday. All going ok, have been measuring on the large side for some time (over the 100th centile!) and was breech for a long time too so had a growth and position scan last Monday and pleased to confirm that baby was then head down (we thought he had turned) and actually all the measurements they took put his estimated weight at 6lbs and measuring around the 60th centile so clearly its just me that's massive ha ha! He is actually now measuring spot on to the estimated weight they say my little boy Thomas was at this stage as we have a personalised growth chart they are plotting against so I hope I can expect a similar size to him when he makes an appearance! The consultant was so happy with the scan that they have now also done a complete U turn and where before I wasn't allowed to go overdue at all (due to my complications in labour last time, my curved spine and the fact my c section scar is less than 2 years old) they have now decided they will let me go overdue to give me the best chance of the VBAC I would ideally like. So we now have an extra 10 days for him to come of his own accord from our due date. If he hasn't then we are booked in for the 24th March for them to break my water and see if anything happens, they wont induce me with the drip or tablets etc as its too strong on my (technically still new) c section scar and puts me at too high risk for scar rupture so if he doesn't start to appear of his own accord after they break my water then we will be straight in for a c section that day. Feels weird knowing he will be here then at the latest but am so pleased to have a bit of extra time to see if he comes of his own accord. I have been feeling lots of very strong pressure, Braxton hicks and back ache for days, my first little boy arrived at 39+2 after I went into labour at 39 weeks so anything is possible. My bags are packed and everything is ready, just need to finish work! My last day is the 29th Feb so not long to go!

Sorry I have been so rubbish keeping in touch, I have tried to read back through all the updates but there was a lot I have missed!

Really hope everyone is well xxx
ImageImage

ImageImage
WR83

Postby Claire31 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:23 am

Hi gang :) It's my 40th birthday - eeeek! Had the 4D scan yesterday, pic attached (hopefully) I feel so grateful to have reached this birthday with baby Hugo, it would have been so difficult without him and to have been facing the rest of my life knowing I would always carry that heartache. I hope the next few weeks run smoothly and he arrives here safely, thank you, thank you and thank you again for both of my miracles xx

Fowkes & MrsA hope life is going well with your new babies :)

Woody hope that you're ok hun :)

Hello to everyone else, how are you all doing?
Attachments
baby.jpg
baby.jpg (46.15 KiB) Viewed 3640 times
TTC 1 since October 2005
Clomid 50mg / 100mg 2008 - No Ov
IVF #1 Oct/Nov 08 - BFP!!
Gorgeous son born Aug 09
TTC 2 since March 2011
Clomid 100mg x2 summer 2012 - ov BFN
HyCoSy tubes clear
10 cycles of Letrozole (varying doses, some with hCG trigger) all BFNs
June 2014 ICSI - BFN :(
Oct, Nov & Dec 2014 Letz BFN
Jan 2014 Surprise Natural Ov
May, June & July 2015 Letz BFN
Aug 2015 Letz 5mg BFP
Second gorgeous son born May 2016
Ps I'm 41!

My Ovulation Chart
Claire31

Postby Mrs A » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Hey ladies,

Fowkes... I hope Jack's eye and constipation have improved? Emily get bouts of constipation and we've changed her milk as the HV said she thinks she has colic, been trying infacol as well but I'm sure she has reflux as she's so sicky and trapped wind... She's constantly got the hiccups regardless of how often or how long we wind her through a feed! She's still only taking 3oz 3 hourly, got weigh in tomorrow so we'll see if the "colic" (reflux) has altered her weight gain, if so we'll get her into the doctors.

Claire... Happy birthday for yesterday!! Your scan picture is absolutely amazing and Hugo looks like a right little cutie pie!! I remember us emailing this time last year over your birthday and who'd have thought we would both be where we are now?! I, like you am eternally grateful! I found the sweep ok really... Obviously a little uncomfortable but no pain no gain hahaha!! I really think the sweep kick started things even though the midwife wasn't hopeful as my cervix wasn't favourable as still high and posterior and no dilation whatsoever! I had shooting pains up my cervix all day and night and then contractions started the following morning, lost my plug and waters went so surely that kick started things?! I still have to pinch myself when I look at her little face and her big eyes are looking back at me... She's just amazing! I don't think it ever feels real after all we've been through! She is currently fast asleep on me and I don't like putting her down as I love the cuddles hehe! How are you feeling about your amniotic fluid levels... Will you have to wait until your next scan to find out more? I know it's a scary thought but they have to tell you every eventuality that may happen. I'm sure Hugo is fine swimming around in there but we always worry. Excellent news on your GTT as well, one less thing to think about!

Woody... I'm glad your team are looking after you so well and you have plans in place. I avoided watching that programme as didn't want to worry myself! I bet it was interesting though. Have you got a short list of first names? We both liked our daughters name but didn't decide until she was actually here, just in case she wasn't an Emily Annabel!

Pinkprincess... Thank you for your congrats :) Hope you and your little family are well?

Wr83... Enjoy your last couple of days at work. Excellent that you can trial a vbac but you have a plan in place just in case.

I hope everyone else is ok?

Emily was 3 weeks old yesterday... I really can't believe how fast time is going even though it feels like we don't actually do much on a daily basis other than feed, sleep and change nappies! I'm not able to get much done due to it taking us so long to get out of the house haha... I'm sure we'll get better at it though! I can't stop looking at her and the adorable little faces she pulls... She really is the best thing that's ever happened to us and I still can't believe we've created a little person so beautiful and perfect! xx
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
2014 - Clomid - Ectopic pregnancy - op
Aug 14 - Lap & Dye, right tube removed & left tube looks healthy
Feb 15 - IVF cx - large cyst
April 15 - IVF cx - poor response to stimms
May 15 - IVF... 1x3 day transfer - BFP!
July 15 - Ovarian torsion - op. Our little fighter pulled through!
Our beautiful daughter arrived 7/2/16 <3
TTC #2 - 2016... natural BFP 2018... Miscarriage @ 8+5
TTC journey completed... 2 sleeping babies and one miracle xxx
Mrs A

Postby Claire31 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:50 am

awwww MrsA so, so nice to hear how happy you are hun :) Yes my last birthday was so different, going out drinking etc, this year was so much better :) I was really spoilt and felt so much love from my family, it was overwhelming. It does sound like the sweep worked well for you, only 8 weeks until they will start that on me but you never know what will happen, especially with my excess fluid issues. I was at hospital yesterday evening with abdominal pain, they think it is SPD, so will refer me for physio and to have a bump support.

Hope Emily's weight gain is ok today and keep enjoying your precious little girl .. it does go way too fast xx
TTC 1 since October 2005
Clomid 50mg / 100mg 2008 - No Ov
IVF #1 Oct/Nov 08 - BFP!!
Gorgeous son born Aug 09
TTC 2 since March 2011
Clomid 100mg x2 summer 2012 - ov BFN
HyCoSy tubes clear
10 cycles of Letrozole (varying doses, some with hCG trigger) all BFNs
June 2014 ICSI - BFN :(
Oct, Nov & Dec 2014 Letz BFN
Jan 2014 Surprise Natural Ov
May, June & July 2015 Letz BFN
Aug 2015 Letz 5mg BFP
Second gorgeous son born May 2016
Ps I'm 41!

My Ovulation Chart
Claire31

Postby LazyStork » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:08 am

Hi all,

Wow Claire! That scan is amazingly clear! How cute! So glad you enjoyed your birthday knowing you've got this miracle on the way! Sorry to hear you're getting SPD. I've been told I've got that by a physio too, started getting really bad hip and sacral pain and couldn't walk, thought I'd just twisted it awkwardly at first! Apparently the newer term for it is PGP, the good news is it can usually be managed with physio and support belt like you say. Mines already got better after a few antenatal Pilates & aqua natal classes. Hope it doesn't get too bad for you.

MrsA it's lovely to hear things are going well, so happy for you!

Wr83 I hope everything goes ok for you, it can't be long till your due date now? Hopefully you'll get your vbac, must be a relief to finish work!

Woody sorry to hear about your problems :( must be so hard being off your meds, will you go back on them straight after birth?

Afm, still struggling to believe I'm pregnant and keep thinking it will be taken away. Anxious to get 20 week scan over as I'm particularly worried about that. I'm 16+ 2. Feels very strange going so long without a scan after so many early scans (I was bleeding early on), and I keep thinking how do I know things are ok?! Of course I know the answer is that I don't know :/ don't know whether this anxiety is normal for pregnancy or worse when you've been through infertility! I feel like I've been too lucky and something has to go wrong! Xx
Me (30) hubby (32)
diagnosed 'lean' PCO jan 15, husband low sperm count
Feb 15 1st cycle clomid 50mg - ?ov D26-27 but AF D28
April 15 2nd cycle clomid 50mg - no ov
Suspected hydrosalpinx but HSG clear
May 15 - referred for IVF/ISCI (one year to wait)
Continue clomid@100mg for another 4 cycles
June 15 - 3rd cycle clomid (100mg) & trigger & cyclogest - likely no ov
August 15 - 4th cycle clomid (100mg) - no ov
ICSI November 2015 - BFP 7/12/15 over the moon :) EDD 15/8/16
LazyStork

Postby woody » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:21 pm

Just catching up on everyone's news!
Happy birthday Claire, the scan picture is beautiful. I love the way they've used colour too. Sorry you are in pain though.
Lazy stork, I'm queen worrier so know exactly how you are feeling. I still have a certain "I can't believe its happening" feeling. Despite being 29 weeks! I think I'll worry until he's here.
I hope everyone else is ok.
I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes now which is adding to my worry. See diabetic nurse/dietician on Tuesday and started monitoring my blood sugar. I've only gained 12lb and started off as a size 8 so I don't think it's because of my weight but the meds they've restarted me on for my bipolar can cause diabetes. I was on them before pregnancy but was also on metformin which maybe masked it? So got to decide whether I want to stay on them, I really don't want to, but was really poorly not on them. I'll speak to my psychiatrist on Monday hopefully. I had a growth scan on Monday and he's now 2lb 4oz so was spot on. Only 11 weeks until I meet him.
I never ever imagined how much I'd worry about him.
Take care everyone xxx
woody

Postby 4myy-x » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:55 am

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been on here for ages I'll have to read through and catch up, hope you are all well X
4myy-x

Postby WR83 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am

Hi everyone, hope everyone is well!

I am pleased to say that my beautiful boy William Patrick was born at 01:44am on Thursday 17/3/2016 weighing 7lb 2.5oz.

I was woken up at about 5.30am on the 16th March with a pain, when it passed I fell back to sleep. About 20 mins later I had another one and also had some acid in my throat so thought I would go have a wee and then prop myself back up in bed to see if the acid would pass. Had a wee and came back to bed and just as I sat down I felt a little wet patch in my knickers, went back to the loo and wiped and had lots of watery pink blood. I then had another pain and some more watery blood came out. Put a pad in my knickers and came back to bed to get some rest and see if I needed to start timing the pains. They seemed to be coming about every 15-20 mins and not lasting very long but by about 6.30 they seemed to be getting more frequent so started to time them. They were about every 7-8 mins and lasting about 1 minute. I got up and walking about was making them come quicker, about every 5 mins. I knew I had to have 1:1 monitoring when either my waters broke or I had regular contractions every 5 mins but something was holding me back calling them. I had lots at 5 mins apart but would then get a rogue one at 10 or 15 mins so kept putting off calling. I even sent Michael and Thomas to our toddler group as it didn't feel like things were happening. I then did start getting them more frequently at 4-5 mins so I did eventually call at about 12.30pm. She said that if I was coping ok with the pain and still only having 2 in 10 mins she would suggest I stayed home because 1:1 monitoring once you are hooked up is restrictive and boring so I agreed to wait until I was having 3 in 10 or my waters went. Well shortly after I hung up I then started getting regular ones at 3-4 mins apart and they were getting much stronger! By 3pm I couldn't cope with the pain so got my MIL round to look after Thomas and I called the hospital and we went up there. When she examined I was only 2cm but she could touch babies head and my contractions at this point were coming thick and fast, in the space of a couple of hours I had got to 5cm. My back pain was so bad again though, even though he wasn't back to back. The gas and air was making me feel sick the pethidine lasted all of 10 mins relief and the epidural didn't work 100% this time. I was on the max dose you can have for pain relief and it just wasn't touching the back pain which remained constant throughout contractions and gaps so was just hurting all the time! At 11ish they examined me again and I was only 6cm and so I made the decision that as I had no other pain relief available and I felt like my back was breaking with 4cm still left to go that a c section was best for everyone and so forms were filled in and off we went to theatre. I had this section done under epidural instead of spinal this time which was in a way better as I can feel my legs but also felt a lot more of the pressure of the actual c section which was weird! Michael got to see it all and saw them lift William out of me, he said it was fascinating to see! He also got to go and cut the cord (from a longer bit of cord) which was nice as he didn't get to do that last time! I however lost 1400ml (2.5 pints) of blood and they had to keep opening me up to sort it, apparently my decision for section was the right one as once they opened me up they realised my uterus was torn and needed repair! Was all totally worth it and after one night in hospital I came home at about 5pm on the 18th March, not bad going considering how traumatic the c section was etc. It's great being home with my boys and i didn't need to worry about how Thomas would take to William arriving, he absolutely adores him and just wants to kiss him all the time! Here are a few little pics for you :) xx

ImageImage

ImageImage
WR83

Postby LazyStork » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:00 pm

Congratulations WR83 (sorry I don't know your real name!) just decided to come on here as haven't for ages and how lovely to see this news! Sounds like you went through it a bit but he's gorgeous! Hope everyone else is ok! Xx
Me (30) hubby (32)
LazyStork

Postby fowkes78 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Congratulations wr83 xxxxx
fowkes78

Postby joannapage » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:40 pm

Just crashing to say congratulations to WR83, William is just gorgeous! Xx
IVF#4 - BFP. DS born 01/14.
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
FET - Nov 15 - chemical pregnancy
Shock Natural BFP - DS2 born 10/16
joannapage

Postby LazyStork » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:34 am

Hi all,

Just a little update from me.. Had 20 week scan on Thursday and all was ok except baby was being awkward so they couldn't check everything, so going back in 2weeks to check a couple more things :) I feel more reassured now. We told sonographer we didn't want to know sex but a couple of times throughout she referred to 'his' head or 'him'! I thought it could be a generic way of referring to the baby rather than a slip up but hubby & my mum are convinced it's a boy now! Anyone else had this?! I don't mind what I'm having at all but I was a bit annoyed that she's taken the decision out of my hands! You'd think they'd be experienced enough not to do that!

Spent last night in a&e as I started to have quite sharp abdo pain around my belly button area to the left which was worse on moving & breathing in. After 3 hours waiting and being told they only had 2 Drs on and a massive influx of patients (I assume majors as the waiting room was quiet) we gave up as the pain was easing. I think it might have been bad trapped wind as it Is better now, still a big niggly. Husband wasn't happy with me and wanted to stay to see it through. Anyone else have any experience like this? I just wanted reassurance really but decided I probably wouldn't get it in a&e!

Hope everyone else ok, a couple of you must be getting close now! Xx
Me (30) hubby (32)
LazyStork

Postby Mrs A » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:24 pm

Hey ladies!

Congratulations wr83... Beautiful photos!! Hope you are settling in as a family of four.

How is everyone? Fowkes, Claire?

Lazystork... I wouldn't read too much into the sonographer saying he... Ours said he even when the knew she was a she haha! I think that's what they do. Well done on staying team yellow! How is your pain? Did you get to the bottom of it? Did they say if your ovaries have returned to normal after all the stimms? Could be that but should be back to normal size by now.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

We are plodding along... Emily has had a lot to contend with in 7 weeks and trying to get to the bottom of her problems. She's bad reflux and isn't gaining weight as she should be. She's 9lb4oz now and feeds just aren't staying down. She's on new milk for a milk intolerance and she's had a trip to hospital with bronchiolitis. Trying to stay strong for her but it's so hard to watch and such a worry. We'll get there!

xx
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
2014 - Clomid - Ectopic pregnancy - op
Aug 14 - Lap & Dye, right tube removed & left tube looks healthy
Feb 15 - IVF cx - large cyst
April 15 - IVF cx - poor response to stimms
May 15 - IVF... 1x3 day transfer - BFP!
July 15 - Ovarian torsion - op. Our little fighter pulled through!
Our beautiful daughter arrived 7/2/16 <3
TTC #2 - 2016... natural BFP 2018... Miscarriage @ 8+5
TTC journey completed... 2 sleeping babies and one miracle xxx
Mrs A

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood