Anyone due in 2016?

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Anyone due in 2016?

Postby Mrs A » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:02 am

Cautiously dipping my toe in over here... Just wondered if anyone is at a similar stage to share experiences with? We are 7w2d. x
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
2014 - Clomid - Ectopic pregnancy - op
Aug 14 - Lap & Dye, right tube removed & left tube looks healthy
Feb 15 - IVF cx - large cyst
April 15 - IVF cx - poor response to stimms
May 15 - IVF... 1x3 day transfer - BFP!
July 15 - Ovarian torsion - op. Our little fighter pulled through!
Our beautiful daughter arrived 7/2/16 <3
TTC #2 - 2016... natural BFP 2018... Miscarriage @ 8+5
TTC journey completed... 2 sleeping babies and one miracle xxx
Mrs A

Re: Anyone due in 2016?

Postby fowkes78 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:37 pm

I'm not 100% sure of my dates as I had a miscarriage that ended on the 17/4. I think I'm around 8 weeks congratulations xxx
fowkes78

Postby Mrs A » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi Fowkes,

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage :(

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Is this your first? Will you get an early scan?
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
Mrs A

Postby fowkes78 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:49 am

This is my 3rd my daughter is 9 took us 3yrs to conceive her then my 2nd daughter is 1 took us 8 yes to get her. The miscarriage and my pregnancy now seems that be got caught straightaway but struggling to keep hold of them.

I had a private early scan at 7.5 weeks with my miscarriage and all was fine baby died at 8.5weeks and I started bleeding at 11 so I don't think an early scan will reassure me plus they said they wouldn't do one.

I'm just trying to get through the 12 weeks without intervention then I will contact the midwife. I'm pretty scared after the miscarriage.

However I do have a Doppler and I managed to find the heartbeat over the last 2 nights just for a few seconds as then it flosats away with it being small son that has reasurred me a little.

Anyway enough of my rollercoaster how are you is this your 1st and do you have symptoms, did you catch naturally with my 1st I was on metformin and with this one I'm taking metformin. Xxx
fowkes78

Postby Mrs A » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:09 am

Ahhh... Well hopefully you will have a little sticky one this time if you've not had problems with your other pregnancies but we can't help but feel anxious after a previous loss. I keep thinking new egg, new sperm = new pregnancy. Wow... You've done well to pick up a heartbeat with a Doppler this early on!

I'm not sure if you can see my signature? We fell pregnant on our 3rd cycle of clomid last year but it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy so they removed baby and my tube. We tried naturally for a bit and gave ourselves time to heal. I've been on metformin for years and I don't think it's done anything for us! We fell pregnant with IVF this time. Hoping and praying that it is our time now. I'm 7w3d and we had a scan last week (routine for IVF) and baby is in the right place and had a strong little heartbeat flickering away on the screen... We cried so much! We have another scan booked for 9 weeks as they want to monitor my ovaries as they are enlarged from the IVF (we get to see baby again yay)!

Symptom wise I don't feel pregnant at all really. Very tired, boobs are easing up now, pains but that's from big ovaries lol! Been getting nausea now and then but not actually been sick. Do you have any symptoms? xx
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
Mrs A

Postby Gina_G » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:06 pm

MRS AAAAA..... Congratulations! Sorry have been off the forums for a while I was hibernating for the first few weeks and only just got back into it. Was so excited and happy to hear your news :) congratulations! You must be absolutely over the moon. That first scan must have been amazing, made everything worth it. Are you on cylogest as well? As if the tiredness and sore boobs wasn't enough of a mood killer hubbie then has to contend with 'not tonight dear, I've just shoved a pill up my arse'

I was same as you..... literally sore (ish) boobs and tired but that was it! Rather than being grateful I think you just worry more after trying for a while and assume something's wrong! My mum was sick of me moaning about not being sick enough.

Do you mind if I join? I'm due end of December but there's no group so bit of a billy no mates atm!

Hi Fowkes :) Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I had one in Feb but v.v.v. early on- was still heartbreaking so can't imagine how painful that was having it a bit later. How far along are you?

Xxx
Gina_G

Postby fowkes78 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:47 pm

Mrs A your story is amazing and I can't wait to hear and follow your pregnancy to your miracle baby. I found it hard on that emotional rollercoaster trying for my 2 girls and I didn't go through ivf.

I was supprized I found the heartbeat too wasn't expecting too my other 2 babies I found at 10 weeks. Still it has helped me rest there isn't any harm as long as I understand some days I may not find it due to being early but so far I've been lucky. Strange things have been happening in my house so I think the angels are watching.

I've felt really sick today and probably tmi but had the odd shooting pain up my lady bits lol. I've also noticed I feel full quickly :)

Gina G

I'm not sure how far along I am my miscarriage ended on the 17th April and I tested on the 29th may positive I had blood tests 2 days apart to check it was a viable pregnancy and not left from the miscarriage. Hcg levels were doubling nicely. I think I'm 8-9 weeks.

It's so nice to have people to talk to as we haven't told anyone so pretty much keeping all my worries to myself.xx
fowkes78

Postby fowkes78 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Sorry about your miscarriage Gina we planted a rose bush with a windchim to remember our helped through the grieving process big hugsxx
fowkes78

Postby Gina_G » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:43 am

ahhh how does the dopplar work? Must be really reassuring, but I'm too paranoid so if I ever couldn't find it I'd drive myself insane. What's been happening in your house? My MIL loves angel stuff! I had the shooting pain thing a few weeks ago as well.. it's so weird!

Oh wow, pregnant on your next cycle! Have heard that can happen though, as Mrs A said- new pregnancy so hopefully all sounds like it is going really well so far. It must be a good sign that it took you 8 years to conceive your last daughter and now you've got pregnant again within a year! Strange how our bodies work.

Know what you mean about not telling anyone, hopefully we can support each other on here! We are going on honeymoon in a few weeks so am avoiding people until then and will maybe tell more people after that as will be 20 weeks. Had to be very strict with my mum and MIL as they are all over facebook! Will you tell people after the 12 weeks or see how it goes?

That's a lovely idea about the wind chimes as well, I hadn't thought of that! May have to invest in one :)

Xxx
Gina_G

Postby fowkes78 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:20 pm

The Doppler is great for me normally I don't pick it up till 10weeks it is faint though and you only get it for a couple of seconds before it swims off lol. Mind u you have to be strong and if you worry probably not the best as some days u have to understand you may not find it esp before 12 week. However it has got me through each day so far as my miscarriage happened around this age last time.

I always want before my miscarriage that I would tell all when I was preggie but I found it so hard facing people and telling them after it happened we have decided to try and keep it quiet as long as we can up to 20 weeks.

Yes strange things have been happening around the house a few weeks ago I was walking through the living room in darkness when the TV came on to light the way. It's a brand new TV and remote was out of site. Last week my pendent fell off my necklace I searched all over next morning went to get summer out her cot and there it was sat on the edge of her pillow :) makes u feel all toastie inside.

Wow honeymoon congratulations were are u off too? Hope u have a fab timexxxx

P's will u find out what u are having how many weeks are uxx
fowkes78

Postby Mrs A » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:46 pm

Evening ladies!

Gina... So lovely to hear from you billy no mate haha!! Thank you for your congrats :) How far are you now... When is your actual due date? We were a bag of nerves for the scan but it was such a massive relief to see baby in the right place! Oh yes... The bum bullets - cyclogest! I'm on one twice a day and boy do they add to the constipation lol!! I feel like I'm not 'feeling pregnant' as I don't feel crap enough! I always said bring it on... Maybe the conception was so hard the pregnancy will be a breeze?! Where are you off to on honeymoon... Exciting!!

Fowkes... Thank you for your kind words and I hope this is our little miracle :) IVF was tough but you got to do what you got to do to get your little family hey?! Since our ectopic I don't fear anything anymore so the whole process didn't phase me... Just the worry of it not working but I was fortunately a lucky one :) We got our BFP on our 4th wedding anniversary on 28th May... So maybe we are closer together than we think! Really nice to have you guys to talk to as we won't be telling anyone for a long time either... Too scary! Our parents know but that's it because they've been an emotional support the past 6 months whilst going through abandoned IVF treatment! We planted a trough of forget me nots for our pregnancy lost last year. It's nice when you have things happen around the house... The unexplained....Such a comfort. I've a thing for feathers as my best friend bought me a feather charm the year she passed away for my bday for my Thomas sabo bracelet. With the saying feathers appear when angels are near. She was the only person who knew about us ttc in the beginning. Every significant part of our journey a feather has crossed our paths in the house, car or outside. The day of our scan I said to hubby I wish I could tell B and he said she already knows. Hubby looked out the window and the most perfect feather I've ever seen was just laying on the grass. <3

Wow.. This is the latest I've gone to bed in ages! Another 12.5 hour shift tomorrow boohoo!! Night night ladies xx
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
Mrs A

Postby Gina_G » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Aw Mrs A that story about your friend made me well up... so beautiful, especially seeing the white feather for your first scan... you and your baby have a lot of love shining down on you! You'd probs love Lorna Byrne's 'A Message of Hope from the Angels' - it's a bit out there but very uplifting! So strange about your pendent as well Fowkes, defo one of those things you just can't explain. We have a lantern opposite our bed with some LED candles in it, they never get turned on just there to look pretty. Anyway the night after my miscarriage we turned off the main light and one of the candles had switched itself on. There was literally no way it could have happened- it's on the top shelf inside the lantern and it has to be switched on from the bottom. Even my OH who is usually really sceptical couldn't explain it. Was really comforting and stopped me feeling so angry.

Haha agree Mrs A, when the conception was so traumatic they probably think you need a break.

We're going to the Cayman Islands and then initially had booked a week in vegas after... although now I'm thinking about cancelling the vegas leg of the trip? We've only paid for flights so far (although soooo expensive in school hols) and I just don't see the point ... what do you reckon? We had a week in Ibiza planned with our friends but that got struck straight off the list so feel a bit bad on hubby if I cancel this too... it just seems like a waste of money atm!

Fowkes, can def see that must be reassuring if it's around when your miscarriage was last time. Do you think you will be able to keep it quiet until 20 weeks? Are you not going to tell anyone? Summer is a lovely name by the way :)

Mrs A how's work going?? Did you have to tell them? From what I remember your manager was quite supportive, or have I got my wires crossed?

Xxx
Gina_G

Postby Gina_G » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:21 pm

and sorry forgot to say... according to the scans we are 13 weeks 5 days but I think I don't think I ovulated until our honeymoon so think it may actually be more like 13 weeks 1 day... I'll take either! X
Gina_G

Postby elpulpo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Mrs A- not sure if you'll remember me but we chatted in the clomid buddies thread for a bit last year. Just wanted to say huge congratulations to you! So delighted you have your bfp and that all is in the correct place etc. you must be truly delighted! We now have Sebastian who is 3 weeks old. Feel incredibly lucky that he is here safely.

Congratulations to all who have a bfp. Wishing you all healthy pregnancies and deliveries xxx
Last edited by elpulpo on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elpulpo

Postby fowkes78 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Mrs A what a lovely story about your friend as Gina says so much love shinning down on you and your baby.

Gina your hol sounds amazing if you are feeling well go for it fly to Vegas could be your last chance with a kiddie due see how you feel.

I,m exhausted at the most I don't even have the energy and strength to pick summer up as my back seems to ache and hips click I suffered pelvis problems with summer from 20weeks. My husband is a stay at home dad as summer was born un known to anyone with her lungs not working and clapst with 2cardiac arrests within 48hrs. We got taken to Birmingham childrens for ecmo treatment as a last attempt to save her life. On day 8 of ecmo docs said she wasn't making progress her lungs would not accept any air into them. Docs said we needed to consider turning the machine off. By some miracle day 9 her lungs took in a tiny bit of air and opened like a flower. Any how it has left her with week lungs and have had 3hosp stays on oxygen since. They will grow stronger anyway my husband stays at home to care for her and I work.

It's been one hell of a year but its all true I'm so grateful for my family now and everything in itxxxx
fowkes78

Next

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood