Pregnant straight after miscarriage

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Pregnant straight after miscarriage

Postby fowkes78 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:56 pm

Hello

I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks baby died at 8.5 week I lost it naturally which was very tramatic this happened and ended after a week on the 17th April.

I found out on the 28th may I am pregnant again I have no idea how far along I am and the days are killing me with worry. I am going and checking for bleeding quite often its driving me mad.

I have had 2 blood tests 2week ago confirming hcg was doubling.

We haven't told anyone this time as don't want people to know until we are passed the 12 weeks. I also have a Doppler and I know in my head it won't pick up a heartbeat until around 12 weeks but doesn't stop me trying and then convincing myself it's happened again.

I know I have to ride through it and hope I just needed to ventvas I feel so on edge.

With my last misscarrage I wasn't taking metformin so I did start again when I got this bfp I'm not sure if it will help.

Hoping and prayingxxxx
fowkes78

Re: Pregnant straight after miscarriage

Postby Constance » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:01 am

Congratulations and good luck Fowkes, sending lost of magic sticky dust towards you. I'm sure the consultant will work out the timings for you, they are only ever interested in their own dating results anyway. xxx
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby gemstone83 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:15 am

Fawkes I know it's a worrying time but I have been pregnant twice straight after a miscarriage. The first didn't work out as I had a blood clotting problem which I didn't know about but the second time I had the right treatment and she is now eating her dinner with me. Most midwives will not attempt to find a heartbeat before 16 weeks as baby can move around so much.

The ladies on her were fantastic at supporting me while I worried and panicked the whole way through my pregnancy.

Wishing you all the very best and let us know how you get on.

Gemx
TTC since June 2010
August 2011 - Aug 2013 3 first tri miscarriages and a mmc at 12 weeks
Sticky Blood/Hughes Syndrome/APS diagnosed
Lletz November 2012 following abnormal smear
Beautiful baby girl born July 2014 with the help of 150mg aspirin, fragmin, cyclogest, high dose folic acid and a stitch
gemstone83

Postby fowkes78 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:09 pm

Thank you xx

I love the support on here as I haven't told anyone yet so can't really share my worries and the hubby just wants to bury his head in the sand until around 20weeks.

I managed to fine the heart beat sat I have a Doppler took me a while and only heard it a few seconds before disappearing. I do understand how the Doppler works so on days were I haven't found it I understand its pretty early. Last night I managed to get it for 15sec to count the beats at around 170bpm was reasuring especially as I'm sure I'm around or just after the time I miscarried.

I'm still doing the checking my pants thing I'm not sure I will ever truly rest I want this baby so muchxx

I've been moaning I have no symptoms this last few days I've felt so sick and tired I've been in bed with my feet up by 6pm

Thank you again for your support
fowkes78

Postby Constance » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:38 am

You just need to tell yourself to calm down and banish all the bad thoughts out of your head, the worry never really ends once you have children, mine are out of my bump for quite a while already and I still think about all the "what if" scenarios trying to keep them safe from everything possible. I don't think I will ever be able to stop and relax, they are my babies and always will be. Welcome to motherhood! :)
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby fowkes78 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:40 pm

They deffo are precious xxxx
fowkes78