36 weeks pregnant growth scan

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

36 weeks pregnant growth scan

Postby neen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi I wad just wondering I anybody else has experienced this....
I've been for a growth scan today and the babies growth was just above the 50th now its just below. They were a little worried but I have an appointment with the consultant tomorrow so they said he will look at it.
I'm now worried and don't know what is happening or going to happen?? Baby is moving around so that's a good sign but I hate not knowing what to expect! X x x
neen

Re: 36 weeks pregnant growth scan

Postby Amber » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:47 pm

HI Neen

This is quite common and happened to me. Basically the tape measure method is not that accurate especially when done by different people. They are just being cautious and sending you a scan as it is more accurate. The majority of women find there baby's weight is okay. Still even the weight measurements of a growth scan can be 10% to 15% off the real weight. I had an estimate at 38 weeks of nearly 7 pounds. Baby was born at nearly 41 weeks at just over 6 pounds. Yes she was on the small side but she has make up for that now and doubled her birth weight by 16 weeks.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow
xx
Diagnosed March 09
Lap & Dye Aug 09
6 x Clomid 50mg Ov BFN - 24-26 days
1 x clomid 100mg over stimulated
Cyclogest
IVF 1st round - 2 blasts BFN
Letting thing happen naturally
BFP @ 11 wks - Nov 12 mmc 12 wks
BFP @ 8 wks - 21/05/14 EDD 31/12/14
DD born 03/01/15
Amber

Postby neen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Thank you for your reply amber. Im feeling a bit better this evening thank you for the reply x x x
neen

Postby elpulpo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:51 pm

Hey Neen, just been catching up on here and saw this. Sorry to hear you're worried. I also had to have a growth scan yesterday actually, my fundal height hadn't grown along the curve this time (even though it was actually bang on 35cm at 35 weeks, but has been measuring a week ahead all the way along) however, they scanned me and my actual estimated baby weight is under 50th centile on my personalised chart comparing it to DD. However, still at 5lb 8 at 35 weeks so on track to be similar weight to my DD if on time. To be all of a sudden below the 50th centile when I've been measuring so big on fundal height is a bit unnerving, but I'm not actually concerned as baby appears a decent weight already. Also shows that fundal height measurements are very inaccurate but it's all community midwives have to go on. Try not to worry and please update us after your appt tomorrow. Take care xxx
elpulpo

Postby ma5alababe » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 pm

I had IUGR ( Intrauterine growth restriction) in my last pg so have been scanned every 4 weeks since 24 wks. I think they are only really concerned if it drops below the 10 percentile. Baby can grow at different rates and towards the end it can slow as baby is big/ not much room. Last time, I had scans at 37, 38 wks and was then induced at 38 weeks. Since that is full term it wasn't really an issue.

I wouldn't be too concerned as you are almost full term, but I suspect they will prob scan you again in 2 weeks and then maybe induce ??.

Good luck- let us know how you get on !
Metformin, clomid and OD- no response
IVF- March '10 BFP- DS born Nov'10
After 8+ cycles of IVF & FET- DD born June '15

Keep strong and believe in yourself !
ma5alababe

Postby neen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:41 am

Thanks all for your replies. I will let you know how I get on x x x
neen

Postby neen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi all, I've had consultant appointment all was well he wasn't concerned. My bp was up so got to have it checked tomorrow and Monday but I feel better now I've seen the consultant. Thank you all for your replies x x x
neen

Postby Hols969 » Sat May 02, 2015 3:43 pm

I would take it with a pinch of salt tbh, I think its quite an old fashioned way of doing it and can be quite wrong, they often say your baby is going to be a big one and ends up being a 6lb er so it isnt that accurate.

Im sure your BP has gone up because you were worried ..... so should settle down again. Not long now ...
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood