Pregnant with PCOS and Worried !

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Pregnant with PCOS and Worried !

Postby brooke2607 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:26 pm

I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago and didn't think it would be possible for me to fall pregnant without fertility treatment however have recently found out I am 5 weeks pregnant - naturally ! I am now however terrified of miscarrying as heard rates were much higher in females with PCOS. What is meant to be a happy time is being ruined with my constant worrying and paranoia. Does anyone have any advice or similar stories ? Thank You xxx
brooke2607

Re: Pregnant with PCOS and Worried !

Postby gemstone83 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy - many ladies with PCOS have no problems conceiving naturally. It is a fallacy that miscarriage rates are higher with ladies with PCOS. It looked like this as ladies with PCOS tend to know they are pregnant sooner as they monitor their cycles more closely and so also knew If they unfortunately miscarried. But after studies it was proven that the rate was no higher than anyone else. So please do not worry and try and relax. Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months x
TTC since June 2010
August 2011 - Aug 2013 3 first tri miscarriages and a mmc at 12 weeks
Sticky Blood/Hughes Syndrome/APS diagnosed
Lletz November 2012 following abnormal smear
Beautiful baby girl born July 2014 with the help of 150mg aspirin, fragmin, cyclogest, high dose folic acid and a stitch
gemstone83

Re: Pregnant with PCOS and Worried !

Postby miracle19 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:27 pm

echo Gemstone. I think that because we were monitoring it all closely we were aware of chemical pregnancies which those not looking would just assume were a normal period. Massive Congratulations to you and a happy and healthy 9 months. On this board try to find a group for the dates you will be due as I found it so helpful to have the support of the ladies on here through my pregnancies. xxxxxxxxx
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood