babies due April/may and june 2015

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: babies due April/may and june 2015

Postby becca » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:59 am

Neen how scary for you all. Im glad your elder son is feeling better now and hopefully you can get to the bottom of the cause.

We were given doublebase for Olivia for some very dry skin and she cried the first time I used it, but was fine the next time I used it. I wonder if it does sting a little when the skin is very dry.

Ma5 Olivia was the same as caleb, just slept through one night and apart from one night of frequent waking has done it ever since. maybe your little one will sleep through soon when she is a bit bigger. Olivia is quite big, I'd say around 13lb now so that might be why she can manage it.

I had a bit of a nightmare Friday night. I had gone out so left hubby with 2 bottles of expressed milk and formula. Olivia wouldn't take it at all! She screamed herself to sleep and when I got back she fed for ages. She is a bit fussy with bottles but I have been able to get her to take one after a few minutes of convincing. I think I'm going to have to substitute a breast feed for a bottle each day as I'm going to need to leave her again in a few weeks and on and off let the next few months as I am a bridesmaid in October so got lots of prep to do helping my friend. Does anyone have any advice for how to do this? A friend recommended Dr Browns bottles so I have got one to try. We know she doesn't seem keen on avent bottles and I have tommee tippee which she was taking when I gave her bottles milk.
becca

Postby neen » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:02 am

I used nuk orthodontic ones for my 3 year old but then he was just bottle fed and had problems sucking because he was so premature, he wouldn't take tyo the breast and Caleb just has tommee tipee x x x
neen

Postby ma5alababe » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Becca- have you tried cup feeding ?. Its quite messy but I try and do that rather than bottle feed as they said bottles can lead to nipple confusion ??.

Im trying to do diff methods of top up to see if she can get through the night. formula doesn't seem to have any benefits over breast so I try and do top up of expressed breast when I can. I hope by 3 months she will sleep through - well only another 5 weeks to go - lol
Metformin, clomid and OD- no response
IVF- March '10 BFP- DS born Nov'10
After 8+ cycles of IVF & FET- DD born June '15

Keep strong and believe in yourself !
ma5alababe

Postby becca » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:17 am

I don't really like the sound of cup feeding, a bit too messy for my liking. I will persevere with the bottles and cup feed as a last resort. I'm hoping that by now at 10 weeks that nipple confusion won't happen with her being a bit older. Oddly she took a bottle, dummy and nipple at 6 weeks but I suppose as I didn't keep it up she decided she doesn't like them.

I posted on another forum asking advice on bottles and all I got were replies saying not to do it, only breast feed, I shouldn't let Olivia sleep through the night as she should be feeding every 2 hours day and night, allowing her to self soothe by sucking her thumb is wrong and all this type of thing, I don't think I will be asking breast feeding advice again! Lol. On demand and sleeping through seems to be working for us!

How is baby doing now ma5?
becca

Postby ma5alababe » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:08 am

Hi Becca - any success with the bottle?

had bcg today as shortage in area and 8 week jabs on friday so i hope she keeps well !. no real progress on sleep, we are trying to bath her earlier and give cup top up earlier but max is 5 hrs stretch at night. :x . I hope by 3 months we start getting a bit longer

Hows everyone else doing?

ma5alababe

Postby becca » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:53 pm

No luck with the bottles yet :( I've bought a mam one to try though. I'm wondering if I need to heat the milk up. I've been trying to give it to her at room temp but maybe she would like it warm as that's how it will come out of me. I'm all out of frozen expressed milk though so I'm going to have to pump some more. She doesn't seem keen on formula but again this could be because of the room temperature thing.

Ma5, I hope she sleeps more for you soon. My son never used to go more than 4 hours a night though and used to wake at 2am right up until he was 1, so some babies unfortunately will not go all night :( she is still little though so hopefully the sleeping will improve x
becca

Postby gemstone83 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:57 pm

Becca I was going to suggest Mam bottles and I would warm the milk. Also try different formulas if you are struggling to express. A friend's baby would only take cow and gate and only the powder made up and not the ready made cartons - she is stil breast feeding along side a top up of formula when needed as she really can't express. Good luck x
TTC since June 2010
August 2011 - Aug 2013 3 first tri miscarriages and a mmc at 12 weeks
Sticky Blood/Hughes Syndrome/APS diagnosed
Lletz November 2012 following abnormal smear
Beautiful baby girl born July 2014 with the help of 150mg aspirin, fragmin, cyclogest, high dose folic acid and a stitch
gemstone83

Postby ma5alababe » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:15 am

Becca- any success ?. Would you consider going cold turkey ?. I know it can seem cruel but those that I know have done it have succeeded

ma5alababe

Postby becca » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:32 pm

We have a result!! Olivia took a whole 4oz of expressed milk out of a bottle earlier. I warmed it until it was pretty warm but not warm enough to burn her, and tipped the bottle upside down for about 20 seconds to make sure the teat was warm. She fussed for a minute or so but then sucked it down. She had only been fed 2.5 hours previously so I don't think she was starving either. I was t at home though, I was out and I wonder if this was why she was more inclined to take it. Maybe she associated home with boob! I shall try again tomorrow.

Ma5 I'm still happy to bf for now but want her to take a bottle If I have to go out. Also I am a bridesmaid for my best friend in October and there is no way I can bf in the dress without removing the whole thing. I think I'm going to have to give a bottle a day to her from now on, I'll try formula when I know she will take expressed milk (need to do a bit more pumping as I am out!). I just hope she takes a bottle again and it's not just a one off!
becca

Postby ma5alababe » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:14 pm

Well done Becca !! I hope that she continues to take the bottle, I do a cup or bottle feed most days so that she takes something else than boob and I can get out..

I try and express every few days and then give her that as top up

ma5alababe

Postby neen » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi how is everyone doing?
How's the feeding going Becca?
How's the everything with you ma5?
Elpulpo- how are you doing?
Everything ok here, everryone seems to have got over there ilnessess! Although Luca does seem to have a bit of a ear infection again! Caleb is great. He's 14 weeks now! We have his 2nd lot nof injections this week. I'm hoping he will be on after them. He's still sleeping all night he goes down about 9 and wakes up bertaween 7 and8! Be started rolling over a few weeks ago but he hasn't done it for a while he will soon be doing it all the time!
Hope everryone is well x x x
neen

Postby becca » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:46 am

How is everyone?

Neen- hope calebs injections went ok. We have the next lot in 2 weeks. Olivia gets very grumpy and off after them so not looking forward to it.

Feeding is going ok thanks, she will take a bottle of expressed milk when I am not at home (she thinks home is for boobs!!) so I'm hoping she will take it when I am a bridesmaid in October. Got to get pumping as I only have a small amount of milk in my freezer.

Olivia is 14 weeks now and started rolling on to her tummy last week. She gets her arm stuck under her though and cries to be turned back over! She still seems tiny to me (probably due to having a large toddler she looks so dinky) and I'm going to get her weighed later. She has also recently found her voice. I went shopping in the city centre on Tuesday and she spent most of the afternoon when not asleep shrieking and squealing with delight!! It's very cute.
becca

Postby elpulpo » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:29 am

Hi all, just realised it has been well over a month since I last posted. Doesn't time fly eh?!

How is everyone?

We are good, Sebastian is now 14 weeks and getting a real personality now! He is a lovely little baby but getting harder work as he is refusing to sleep much during the day (half hour cat naps) so spends a lot of time grumpy and wanting to be carried around, which is fine really. He goes to bed at 7, sleeps until 2/3/4am, then up again about 6/7. So pretty pleased about that. Would be nice if he manages to sleep a little longer soon though I'm pretty shattered most of the time!

He rolled over in bed last night and got stuck, twice, so this will be fun for the next week or so until he learns how to roll back over again, or sleep on his tummy!

Hope all of you and your little ones are doing ok, from what I have just read they all seem great! Aren't we lucky eh? xxx
elpulpo

Postby becca » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi, how is everyone and little ones?

Olivia is 5 months old today. Poor little thing is poorly with a cold, but other than that she is doing well. She is a bit small and weighs 14lb 6, she has dropped on to the 30th percentile (was 91st at birth) but health visitors aren't too concerned as she has fat rolls and is very alert and active, she is perhaps just meant to be a bit smaller. Weaning starts soon, I'm not sure if I am excited or dreading it as I know how messy it will get and the time it takes, but at the same time it is exciting to try her with new foods. I'm still breast feeding, I'm very impressed with myself for sticking at it so long, I'm thinking of weaning on to formula to coincide with weaning on to food.

How is everyone else doing? X
becca

Postby neen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:57 am

Hi all!
Becca hope Olivia gets over her cold soon. As for weight Caleb has done the same. He weighs 14lb 11oz. Hes on baby rice twice a day now which he loves! He started cutting down his bottles and just wanted food!

Caleb is doing really well, he started babbling over the weeken saying ba ba and da da! Hes teething really bad at the moment. He is really clingy with me in the evenings. If I leave him with my partner or anyone and go anywhere he will scream until I get back!!! And as soon as he sees me he just stops! I'm hoping its just a phase. Caleb is on baby rice now, I did try him on creamy porridge but he got an allergic reaction to it! He was fine he just came out in hives and one of his eyes swelled up. Hes fine think it was either dried milk or soy. I'm still expressing!! It is hard I'm going to do it until I feel I cant anymore.
Just over a month ago I started suffering really bad with dizziness and palpitations do I went to the docs and my blood pressure was very low. I suffer with ptsd but she also said I was suffering with postnatal depression so ive been put on a low dose of anti depressants and they are working in not getting as many panic attacks so thats good my blood pressure has also gone back up so all is well.
How is everyone else dooing?
neen

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood