babies due April/may and june 2015

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: babies due April/may and june 2015

Postby ma5alababe » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:11 pm

Thanks everyone - she has started to take the cup which means that I can go out and leave her :-).
We also went to see the cranial osteopath today. Only time will tell if this treatment works and its not cheap !!
Metformin, clomid and OD- no response
IVF- March '10 BFP- DS born Nov'10
After 8+ cycles of IVF & FET- DD born June '15

Keep strong and believe in yourself !
ma5alababe

Postby neen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:04 am

Hiya all,
How is everyone doing?!

All is good here Caleb has his injections next week! I'm finsinbg nit easier with the two mof them now I've sorted out a few routines so that's good.

Hope everyone is well x x x
neen

Postby ma5alababe » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:37 pm

hows everyone doing......my lo was 1 month y'day... I hope thats the hardest month over...
still struggling as she doesn't sleep at night !

ma5alababe

Postby neen » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Ma5 wow! Where has the time gone?! Caleb is 9 weeks this sat! The last few nights he has slept from 11-11.30 til 6 I'm hoping he keeps it up! Hopefully your lo wil get a pattern soon. How's the feeding going now? X x x
neen

Postby elpulpo » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:07 pm

Hey everyone! Sebastian is 7 weeks on Tuesday!

Congratulations on surviving the first month Ma5, definitely the hardest!! Hope you manage a little more sleep soon. What's her general pattern at the moment?

Neen- wow that sleep is amazing. The best we have had yet is 11-4 so can't complain either. It'll just get better now I assume too.

We are all ok, I introduced a dummy yesterday and so far so good! He seems to get a lot of comfort from it and helps him nod off during the day. I don't bother with it at night as I just breastfeed him to sleep when he wakes up. I tried and tried a dummy with my daughter but she never took one and always preferred the boob. I think Sebastian would prefer the boob but he over feeds and is then very sicky!! He is such a sicky baby but weight gain enormous so it's definitely not a big issue! Hope he manages to hold more down soon though, we are both very wet a lot of the time! We have our 6-8 week checks this week but not a lot else on. Will have to think of easy ways to keep my 3yo busy and happy. My hubby has been off this past week so I have got used to the help so will be a difficult week I think!

Anyway, speak to you soon and take care all xxx
elpulpo

Postby ma5alababe » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Neen & Elpulpo - wow I which I was getting 4 hours stretches at night !.... There has been a little improvement and some nights getting her down by 2am for a 3 hour stretch. Are you both breast/ formular or mix feeding ??. We have no routine and every day is different. she does tend to cry more at night/ evening thou... I am really stuck not on what to do and HV are useless. :roll:

I got her weighted and she putting on weight which is good and so am not worried. BUT Im not sure how much longer I can put up with this for - its driving me mad !

ma5alababe

Postby elpulpo » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Put up with what? The breastfeeding? You are doing so so well to have got this far but it is so so hard! I really hear you. Sebastian cries more during the evening and sometimes he feeds constantly for over 2 hours before passing out for his long sleep! I don't have much milk at the end of the day but haven't given any formula yet. We have no routine at all yet but I remember this being the same with my daughter too, so know it'll come in time. Well done on her weight gain. You are obv doing everything right :)xx
elpulpo

Postby ma5alababe » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Im not so worried about the feeding now as we top u with formular at night - but its the constant crying and not sleeping until 2-3 etc in the morning then just for a few hours. She doesn't have colic but is unable to sooth herself which is a problem.

I have started going for a walk a few times a week with my friend as I need to get out of the house and have some company. I know this isn't the best time to go but the days that Im home, I will try and just feed her every time she crys to see if that makes any difference ?.

Anyone else have any useful tips on how to sooth a crying baby ?

ma5alababe

Postby elpulpo » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:52 pm

I don't think any 1 month old can settle them selves. Can you carry her round in a sling? I'd say offer her boob each time as a first response, if not a walk round in a sling might help xxx
elpulpo

Postby Amber » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:21 am

Ma5 - My daughter was like that at 1 month. Cluster fed all evening and not going to sleep until around 2am. Just after 8 weeks things started to turn around and she started to go to sleep earlier and sleep a little longer. She was (and still is) mainly breast with topup formula in the evening. Your baby is completely normal and babies are supposed to wake up like this at that age. It is this waking up that helps protect them against SIDS. Those babies that sleep 8 hours a night from birth are more at risk from SIDS. I know it is hard but you have to keep telling yourself it is not forever and it will get better. I also found that when my daughter was old enough and heavy enough and put her in a baby sleep bag at night and that made so much difference. She loved it and helped her get a good nights sleep.
Diagnosed March 09
Lap & Dye Aug 09
6 x Clomid 50mg Ov BFN - 24-26 days
1 x clomid 100mg over stimulated
Cyclogest
IVF 1st round - 2 blasts BFN
Letting thing happen naturally
BFP @ 11 wks - Nov 12 mmc 12 wks
BFP @ 8 wks - 21/05/14 EDD 31/12/14
DD born 03/01/15
Amber

Postby ma5alababe » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:15 pm

thanks - I do offer her boob in eve to keep her quiet. she gets up every 3 hrs in night but is going back down with little fuss which is a bonus.

i need to get her weighted before our 6 wk GP check so will speak with health visitor then

ma5alababe

Postby becca » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:10 am

Hi everyone! How are you all and babies getting on?

Olivia is 10 weeks old on Tuesday, I can't believe it, it's going so fast. I'm sure it didn't go this fast with Finlay. Maybe it's just second time round as I have a 3 year old to entertain too.

Olivia has been sleeping through the night the last few weeks, from 10/11pm until around 6. Unfortunately I am not getting unbroken sleep as Finlay has started waking and getting in our bed around 4 most nights.

I am still breast feeding which has surprised me. I really felt like giving up so many times but it was amazing the change that happened at 6 weeks. She started to sleep through, going longer between feeds and the cluster feeds just stopped! I am still a bit funny about feeding when out and about, baby groups are fine but elsewhere, I get a bit self conscious, so I limit trips to shops and things to less than 3 hours unless I know I can pop into one of those feeding rooms. They seem to have a few of them in the city centre which is good and they have all been refurbished so they are nice and clean.

She weighed 11lb 11 at 6 weeks. I'm going to get her weighed again this week.

She seems such a happy smiley content baby. She hardly cries (so unlike her brother who we nicknamed screamapiller - simpsons reference- for the first few months) She sucks her thumb all the time though so it's hard to tell if she is hungry or just sucking for comfort. I have found she sucks harder and noisier when she is getting more hungry but it is easy to miss so I worry I'm not feeding her enough!

How are all the other lovely babies?
becca

Postby neen » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi all,
Becca- sounds like everything is well with you.
Caleb is very similar the last week he's slept from 9.30-10 til 7-8 which is amazing!!
We have had an awful week.... My 3 year old suffered 3 seizers last Friday and my partner had to preform cpr on him, he had to be ventilated for 3 hours. We had to stay in hospital for 4 nights but he's all back to himself now thankfully. They don't know if it was due rlto a temperature or it maybe epilepsy, he is more prone to seizers because of his disability. So lots of tests and lots if appointments to come!! It was really hard to be away from Caleb but my partner was able to have him at home si that was good.
I'm still expressing although I'm finding it hard to find time to express with the two children but I'm getting enough to feed Caleb and he's putting on weight so that's the main thing.

Hope everyone is well? X x x
neen

Postby ma5alababe » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:38 pm

Neen - hope that your elder son is better now ?. I remember when DS had a sesiour when he was around 3 yrs old but 3 and having to do CRP must have been real scary !!!...

Im still waiting for a miracle and to get her 'sleeping through the night'. I get 3-4 hrs at best !. She is 7 weeks today and weighs around 3.3 kgs. So I'm hoping that when she is a bit bigger she can manage longer sleep ?. I too am surprised that Im still BF. I had nightmare she she wasn't feeding last week so just had to feed from one side and express the other !. When I can, I try and give her expressed for eve top up.

Im absolutly shattered and need some rest :-(

ma5alababe

Postby neen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:15 am

Ma5- it was awfuil, but he's back to his normal self now! Hope the feeding is good. Caleb just call of a sudden slept all night a few weeks ago. So hopefully your lo will soon. Caleb seems to be suffering from excema he started a few weeks ago and after his injections it seemed to get worse I'm thinking it was because he's been run down after the injections. I'm using double base on him at the moment but he was cryuing last night when I put it on him so I don't know if its stinging him, going to stick with it for today if he still cries will have to take hi m to the doctors tomorrow. X x x
neen

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood