Invasion of the worts...

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Invasion of the worts...

Postby Hols969 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:32 pm

Anyone have any tips of getting rid of warts, we have tried everything, like the freeze stuff and they are just taking over. The GP has said they will go in their own time, but its been a few years now and they are just multiplying... Noah is very self conscious of them as they are on his hands and other kids at school make fun but we don't know how to get rid of them. I know you can have laser but wondered if anyone had tried this, is it some sort of virus or something that is keeping the warts going (neither me or Jim have them and obviously hold Noah's hand so we obviously don't have that particular virus or whatever).

Any other thoughts would be greatly received as poor Noah is totally fed up with them (and very brave with the freezing stuff as well but they are just not going....)
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Invasion of the worts...

Postby miracle19 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi My daughter had loads of issues with this. Basically we tried all the tough stuff from doctors Eventually they gave us the bazuca yellow packet and the pharmacist gave us the best tip ever to put Vaseline around the warts before you applied it. That way it didn't burn the skin. It took a while but now they have all pretty much gone. It is basically a virus and as the doctor said it will go but this has helped enormously and you can hardly see them. When I say Poppy had loads she had verrucas and warts ALL OVER her feet and toes. SHe was also mortified.
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Postby Hols969 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:37 am

We tried the yellow one first and didn't work which is why we went to the freeze type one. The GP suggested gaffer tape but unfortunately Noah has inherited my sweaty hands so wont stay on!! He has had new ones popping up over the last week as well so we are trying to get the new ones but the old big ones are hanging on!! GP said they should go in about a year normally but he has definitely had one of them for almost 2 years I think. Im pretty sure he picks them though which is not helping matters!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby miracle19 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Definitely try the Vaseline around them before you apply the stuff as this seems to be the only thing that has helped. Poppy has also had them for years and they said they will go within a year but if it helps they obviously do go - as they have now gone...pretty much. So there is an end I promise just keep going. We used to take a break from the stuff from time to time as opposed to doing it constantly. xxxxx
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood