Diarrhoea, nappy rash and teething

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Diarrhoea, nappy rash and teething

Postby Constance » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi ladies

We have an annoying problem right now, Simon got a cold last week (picked it up on the first day in the nursery), at first he stopped eating and started vomiting - GP said it was just a cold (on Monday), on Tuesday he started having very frequent poos, normally he will have 1 to 3 a day, we started from 4 the first day to 8 or 9 the following days, plus we need to change him when we dreamfeed him at 22:30 and again at 4 am!!! The constant poos caused a massive nappy rash that is not going away because they keep coming and irritating the skin. GP said he was teething. Yes, he has just had his first tooth come through. Is there anything anyone could recommend about getting rid of the diarrhoea? Is that really because of teething or should I be telling the nursery off for giving him something bad to eat???

Thank you.
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Re: Diarrhoea, nappy rash and teething

Postby espoir » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:45 am

Is it possible he picked up a tummy bug? I had one recently, that I got from the babies, although they didn't have too much diarrhea, I did!! See if you can get something at the pharmacy - we have little sachets that we use when ours have diarrhea. I think the poo can be rather irritative to the skin when teething (smelly too!), but I personally haven't noticed a connection with diarrhea and teething
Hope he's feeling better soon.
espoir

Postby miracle19 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:00 pm

My daughter would often get diarrhoea when she was teething x
Hope it is that rather than a bug xxxx
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Postby Constance » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 am

Thank you. Well, we have lost the diarrhoea about 3 days ago, thankfully, but he still vomits once a day, usually after his bedtime milk, coughs a lot at night and on Saturday he came down with conjunctivitis. It's a nightmare right now, we have a 3rd doctor's visit later today. I'm to start work soon - I need to go there tomorrow to see my replacement as it is her last day and I start next week, but I will not be able to leave him in the nursery because of his eyes. I've already lost two days of nursery at £65 each, so I'm a bit annoyed especially that it is their fault he is ill! I think I will be complaining to them!
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby espoir » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 am

Aww Constance, I know it's rough when they come down with illnesses - the last months I've sometimes been at the doctors two or three times in a week!!! My babies normally vomit when they have tonsillitis - most of the time for them it's been viral. It comes less frequently as their immune system develops. And conjunctivitis is the worst!!! - especially as it's quite minor, and spreads so easily, but the nurseries are strict about keeping your child away - I dread it - and I've found myself doing crazy things like dashing to the dotctors last thing on Friday evening!! But it'll get better - best to get these things over with before you go back to work, even if it is a bit stressful right now.
Unfortunately, these contagious illnesses spread easily at nursery, even if they take as many precautions as possible. Especially as some children may be infectious before symptoms appear.
I forgot in my earlier reply that Simon has allergies and that the diarrhea could have come from that (am I right?) - if so, maybe I'd just double check with them that they hadn't given him anything they shouldn't had.
Hope all gets sorted soon, and that you'll be able to have a little rest before going back to work.
espoir

Postby Yvette75 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:49 pm

Sadly starting nursery and picking up bugs is normal.

Jessica started nursery last November and we had 2 vomiting bugs, 4 ear infections, conjunctivitis and chicken pox in the space of 3 months! It does get better but it is just one of those things.

Our nursery will however take them with conjuncitivitis provided they have drops.

Is the poo water like or is it just more runny than normal. Mine have all had horrific teething poo and my eldest also vomited when teething for no reason other than he was teething so it could be teething.

Hope this week is better for you ((()))
Yvette x
BFP clomid cycle 5 - 100mg

BFP clomid cycle 7 - 150mg

BFP clomid cycle 1 - 150mg

Yvette75

Postby Constance » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:49 am

Thank you ladies, he is now left with cough and lots and lots of snot, the other problems are gone. The nursery did take him because he had his eye drops (they have to be prescribed). Espoir - I don't think it's food related, I give him foods with milk and cheese myself to see what happens, have been doing it for the last 2 months and he seems to be ok, though I still have not tried normal formula. He has some eczma on his head which keeps coming and going, so I am still a bit confused... and don't want to change his milk just yet.

Yvette - we have his 3rd tooth coming and he is dribbling for England... so perhaps they were related, who knows, everything happened at the same time...

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood