Swimming with twins (and toddler!)

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Swimming with twins (and toddler!)

Postby espoir » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:34 pm

With the warmer weather, I'm thinking ahead as to the summer, as DS1 (3 years) really loves going to the pool. We will also go on holidays later in the year when twins will be about 14 months, and there's a baby pool on site. I don't go swimming myself very often, but would love to introduce the twins to water. But I'm not sure if it's realistic to think I can manage alone with the two (if OH is with DS1 in the large pool). I've read of rings and special ones for twins...any other thoughts or suggestions on whether it's doable?
espoir

Re: Swimming with twins (and toddler!)

Postby Sazwell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:24 am

Hi espoir
sorry not really got any useful tips.. my sis was wanting to take the girls swimming but know the one near us has strict rules on 1 adult to 1 child so she hasn't managed to go as she would need somebody to have her eldest which her oh would do but would need someone else to take one of the twins!!
I know even though my Ds1 can swim they wouldn't allow me to take him in with Ds2 even in the baby pool!!
Sorry not much help hun.. hope you and babies are all doing well xxxx
Diagnosed PCOS 1998 - 2 rounds of clomid no o'v
150mg Clomid ov miracle BFP- Sept 08, Eptopic Oct 08
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
May '12 FET 14.5.12 BFN 22.5.12
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby michelle79 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi Espoir
There is a 1:1 ratio in public pools for children under 4 or 5 depending where you live so I've found. We have taken our twins swimming since they were 5 mtgs old (actual) and even the logistics of getting them dressed afterwards on your owns a nightmare. It's really only in the last year since they have been having swimming lessons and can dress themselves etc that i have been able to take them alone. It's a tricky situation for you. If there is a baby pool on hols DS1 will be able to stand up so you won't have to worry too much. Think the swim ratios might not apply abroad. Think twins miss out on stuff cos you just can't physically do it with two babies.
Michelle
TTC since May 08
1st round clomid 100mg - BFP 31/10/08

michelle79

Postby espoir » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks ladies! Don't think I'd be brave enough to venture with them alone, but thought if I had OH with me, that at least we could all (with DS1) stay in the paddling pool. DS1 will be itching to go in the big one though I'm sure, but it sounds too risky to attempt a 2:3 as DS1 can't swim. I guess we have to wait and see what stage the twins are at come summer when we go on hols - def won't attempt to take them in a public pool though. Michelle, so true about missing out on things with twins (just going out with the double pushchair is limiting enough!). Also feel I'm missing out on activities with DS1 as well.
espoir

Postby Yvette75 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:44 pm

I find the logistics of getting my 3 dressed afterwards are worse than the actual pool! That said DH tends to just look after himself which doesn't help...
BFP clomid cycle 5 - 100mg

BFP clomid cycle 7 - 150mg

BFP clomid cycle 1 - 150mg

Yvette75

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood