15 month old won't eat fruit or veg

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

15 month old won't eat fruit or veg

Postby NiCoLa_x » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi,

I'm getting desperate with my DD, she literally will not eat fruit or vegetables and it's beginning to really stress me out. :x Since Xmas she has decided this. She will eat fruit pots (but no bits), peas and carrots (if mixed with mash potato) and any other kind of veg puree but that's the only way I can get her to eat anything healthy. Have tried taste trays, raw veg, steamed veg, fruit platters. No snacks but nothing is working. She ate everything before her 1st birthday and she's not teething. Any advice???

Thanks

N :)
My Ovulation Chart
TTC since March 09
On metformin
Natural BFP Oct 11: Early MC :(
Natural BFP March 12: Fingers crossed :)
Baby Hannah born 20/12/2012 8lb12oz :)
NiCoLa_x

Re: 15 month old won't eat fruit or veg

Postby hope07 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi Nicola, I think Id go down the sneaky route! Will your dd drink smoothies for fruit? I'd also try making sources with whizzed up veggies for pasta or in a cottage pie, soups etc
I'd also still put veg on her plate so if she wants to eat it they're there, but you've got te reassurance of knowing she is getting her fruit and veg- it's probably a phase my ds did the same with meat at around the same age- he now eats all meats.
X
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Hols969 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:37 pm

Yes I think its probably a phase too, Noah did it but now eats pretty much everything again. Don't get stressed, let her do her own thing for a while but keep putting it on the plate and one day she will eat it again. I would sneak it into things as Hope says as well as it will make you feel less worried she is not getting all the vitamins she needs.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby allybo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:03 pm

my little lady still isn't a great veg eater, but has learned to like fruit. Home made sauces are a great way to hide veg, spag bol and shepherds/cottage pies, mild chilli and mild curry seem to go down a treat here with no questions asked.

it is most likely a phase and as long as you keep offering there is a big chance they will just start to eat it again randomly!!
Diagnosed PCOS Summer 2007

allybo

Postby NiCoLa_x » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi, thanks for all the replies, I have seen the Hv too and she agrees, most likely a phase or her way of controlling me. Little madam that she is lol

N xx
My Ovulation Chart
TTC since March 09
On metformin
Natural BFP Oct 11: Early MC :(
Natural BFP March 12: Fingers crossed :)
Baby Hannah born 20/12/2012 8lb12oz :)
NiCoLa_x

Postby sicily » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:55 am

Hi Nicola!
We're having the same here. She has become an extremely fussy eater since she turned 1, partly i think she is asserting her independence but also she easily gets a sore tummy from certain foods.
Veg she used to love she barely touches now, apart from sweet corn and peas which give her wind and tummy ache if she eats too much! And she loves fruit but again, grapes, blueberries and citrus most which also give her tummy ache :-(
I've just found a way to get her to eat apples though and that's by grating them and she loves mango and hopefully will eat peaches again when they're in season.
With veg, I find she will eat it if I hide it in something like cottage pie, risotto (she loves the tricolorw risotto from the baby led weaning cookbook which is chicken, courgette and red pepper), thick soup like minestrone or broccoli and potato, or I also make savoury muffins with grated courgette and carrot in which she likes. I try not to worry too much and make a big deal out of it as I don't want her to start thinking mealtimes are a battleground. So I look at it over a week and don't sweat it too much, my thinking is that humanity wouldn't have survived this long if babies voluntarily starved themselves, she gets a vitamin supplement and what they mainly need to grow is carbs and protein.
As for me, I'm having to eat cakes and biscuits in secret otherwise she wants them all!!
X
sicily

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood