pcos and getting pregnant.

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

pcos and getting pregnant.

Postby pinkroxy86 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:26 am

Hi. I am writing to ask if anyone has had a simalar experience as me, I am 27 and have a lg and she is 16 months now. I found out when I was 9 weeks pregnant that I had pcos!. I thougjt I had it anyway due to lack of periods. I was having them just one every 2/3 months. But me and my partner started trying and 6 months later we was pregnant! Over the moon. So .we have been trying again to have another baby. And been trying for about 5 months. Still no luck. And still funny periods. I am just soo worried that the first time was a one off and I wont be able to have another one!!. I am trying naturally without any help. I was wondering if anyone with pcos has had more than
one child with no help, ? Just naturally. Thanks hope to hear from someone xx
pinkroxy86

Re: pcos and getting pregnant.

Postby miracle19 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi I have a 7 year old daughter. It took us 5 years to conceive her but managed after all that time to find out we were pregnant the day before we were about to start taking clomid. I am now 10/11 weeks pregnant - been trying again since my daughter was born (so 7 years) in that time we have had clomid, HSG, Ovarian Drilling and still no joy. Bt after being diagnosed with diabetes in August and periods sort of returning in a kind of pattern (every 40 days) I have once again conceived naturally.
Long time between pregnancies and lots of hard work and heartache but I am proof that you can conceive naturally more than once.
I hope your journey is a short one.
On the TTC forum there is a TTCno2 thread which has been a real help to me so come over and join that one sweetie xxx
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Postby pinkroxy86 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:06 pm

Thank you very much for replying! Thats very helpful. So I have to prepare myself that it may be much longer this time around. Than last! Maybe it was just luck lol! But I am so grateful for our lg! Just would love another. So fingers crossed. Congrst on the 2nd pregnancy. Hope all goes well. Thanks again for advice xxxxx
pinkroxy86

Postby pinkroxy86 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:16 pm

I have been told that agnus cactus is meant to be good ro try and help start up periods any else heard of this? And any good?
pinkroxy86

Postby miracle19 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:56 pm

it might not be a long journey for you though....mine was a long time the first time round as I had absolutely NO periods at all. So just wasn't ovulating. If you are having some cycles you are already in a much better position than me. Just wanted you to know that it can and hopefully will happen.

I never took agnus cactus but have heard of people that have....cutting out sugars in certain foods when diagnosed with diabetes seemed to have helped my cycles. xx
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Postby pinkroxy86 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Thank you very much. Yes I do have periods just every 2 months. Sometimes 3. When I had my daughter they went really good. Everymonth. But the last 6 months they been all pvery the place again ! Well fingers crossed. I will keep u posted. Some baby dust I need! Hehe. Yeaj I have heard about it bit qadmtt sure wether to take it or go see a doc. I have heard doctors wont see you unless you been trying a year . Is that the same for ladies like us with pcos? Xx
pinkroxy86

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood