induction experiences

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

induction experiences

Postby ruby_1985 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:03 am

Hi ladies

I have been told I need to be induced at 38 weeks (im 37 weeks tomorrow) I have never been induced before and just wanted to hear other peoples experiences. I have heard its a more painful labour but wondered if this is the case? Does it depend on how they induce you as to what the labour will be like? I have to go next week to plan how they are going to do it...as in can they just break my waters and see if that works or if I need the pessary first and drip etc.

Also has anyone been induced after having a baby already and does that make the labour quicker/easier? This is baby number 3 so would like to think that helps :roll:

Any advice would be great

xxx
ruby_1985

Re: induction experiences

Postby espoir » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi ruby,
Hope it's not too late to reply! I had an induction first time round. I had a pessary overnight, and although next morning it seemed nothing had happened, once I got up the contractions started and they put me on a drip. I don't think they'd break your waters first as that might not get labour going. I suppose the contractions were more intense first time round than second, but manageable (I had no pain relief other than acupressure). Probably a lot of factors affect how the labour will be - if you have already started dilating for example, and probably how they control the dose of the drip, but I think you will be well monitored so it should be ok. My MW said they'd prefer me on the drip as they can better control things than went pessary. Good luck - glad to hear after all your early concerns the end is near xxx
espoir

Postby ruby_1985 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:13 am

Hi hun

Thanks for the reply. I might have mis-understood what the doctor was saying when she said about just breaking my waters to be honest I wasn't expecting to be told they would induce me so was surprised when she said that.

Going later this week to discuss how they will do it the book in for it....just want to get on with it now.

xxx
ruby_1985

Postby devilisha » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi Ruby,

I was induced at 41+4 and I would describe it as a great labour.
I havent anything to compare it too, but it wasnt that painful.
I had 1 lot of Gel at 11am and my waters broken at 6.30pm. I was ready to push about 1.30am.
The whole time I was walking about and free to roam the hospital, just go back to the ward to check babies heartbeat etc.
I didnt have the Drip or an epidural.

Hope this helps :)
devilisha

Postby mandy1972 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:32 am

Hi ruby just wanted to wish you luck on being induced, I was going to be induced at 36 weeks but as you know didn't get that far, looking forward to an update when baby is here

Mandy xx
clomid 6 cycles 50mg - 150mg - prog never went over 28
hsg - all clear
August 2012 - chem preg
ttc nat since sept 2012 - may 2013
May 2013 2.5mg femera day 21 bloods 24, day 23 41 - def ovulated
June 2013 2.5 mg femera day 21 bloods 38
June 2013 - internal scan
July 2013 - day 21 bloods 39
August 13th - BFP baby Dixon due 16/4/2014 - femera baby
Samuel Benjamin Dixon born 8 weeks prem on 21/2/14

My Ovulation Chart