To bikini or not.....

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

To bikini or not.....

Postby MrsB » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:44 am

I'm going on a weekend away shortly with my friends to a hotel with a swimming pool. It's not a spa weekend as such so we won't be spending all day by the pool, it's more a go for a nice lunch, have a swim and then go out for dinner type thing. I haven't been swimming at all this pregnancy and whilst I plan to take the baby when it arrives, I don't know if I'll go again whilst pregnant. I'm therefore being a bit of a cheapskate and am hesitant about spending money on a maternity swimming costume or tankini when I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it.

My questions therefore are:
1. What are peoples thoughts on wearing a bikini whilst pregnant? I already have bikinis and providing I can get my boobs into the top could wear one!
2. Did people who bought maternity swimming costumes or tankinis wear them afterwards when taking baby to the pool?

I probably sound like I'm being really tight here with my cash but am trying to only spend money on maternity stuff that I think I'll get some wear from!!
6 clomid cycles 50mg, all bfn despite oving.
Natural bfp September 2013 just before moving on IVF
DS born June 2014
MrsB

Re: To bikini or not.....

Postby Katss » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:19 am

Hi MrsB,

I'm sure if you can fit in your bikini and feel comfortable then why not. I can't see any problem with wearing a bikini, many pregnant ladies do on the beach don't they.

I go swimming sometimes and my old swimming costume was very tight so I needed a new one probably from 13 weeks mainly due to my boobs! I got a cheap one from Asda maternity range, it's actually fairly tight and doesn't look as maternity as I thought it would so I think I could wear it after pregnancy too.

Enjoy your weekend away!

Kats xx
TTC 1
OD - Jun 09 - No AF after OD
2nd-5th Clomid cycle 100mg - Aug 09 - Nov 09
05/12/09 - BFP - Baby Girl :)
TTC2 Oct 2012
Clomid 1 - 6 Jan/Feb - 13 Aug 13
Sept 13 - break from clomid
Oct 13 - start met
Nov 13 - BFP - baby girl :)

Proud mummy to my Clomid miracle born Aug 2010 and my Met miracle born Aug 2014
Katss

Postby MrsB » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 am

Ahh, thanks Kats, yes, I've just looked at the Asda ones and they're the cheapest I've seen by quite a bit. Interesting to hear that you have one and that you think you would wear it afterwards too!
DS born June 2014
MrsB

Postby espoir » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't go swimming very often, so I just used the bikinis I had. I can't remember how many months I was at the time, but enough to have had a belly.
espoir

Postby sicily » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I felt a bit vulnerable in a bikini with my bump exposed (weird I know!) but I bought a really nice swimsuit from mamas & papas that was very reduced in the sale. It had sort of adjustable toggles on the side (like ribbons made of swimsuit material that you pulled to ruche it up) so I'm sure I could have worn it after pregnancy too but it got lost when I lent it to a friend! I definitely needed soemthing bigger to fit my newly grown melons in though. They've sadly gone back to little fried eggs again now!
I've seen pregnant ladies wearing a tshirt over bikini in pool, could you buy a nice beachy floaty top for when you're poolside and then take it off to swim? You could probably get away with normal non maternity one as they're quite floaty? Xx
sicily

Postby Yvette75 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:48 pm

You are in Solihull aren't you?

I have a maternity (speedo) black swimsuit in a size 14 which you are welcome to have if you want it. I bought it on ebay for a few pounds and I don't want anything for it. If it would fit you it's yours if you want it. It looks new. I wore it for a week away with the kids and the previous person I think only wore it once or twice and bought it from new.

Yvette
BFP clomid cycle 5 - 100mg

BFP clomid cycle 7 - 150mg

BFP clomid cycle 1 - 150mg

Yvette75

Postby MrsB » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:04 am

Good memory Yvette! Yes, I am in Solihull! Thanks very much for your kind offer, think I'm sorted though as one of the girls in going away with bought a tankini when pregnant and then didn't go swimming. She's insisting I have it so she's bringing it with her when we go away.
DS born June 2014
MrsB

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood