Did you miss the discussion board when it was offline?

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Did you miss the discussion board when it was offline?

Postby Hols969 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:12 pm

If you missed the discussion board when it was off line for the last 24 hours then please consider becoming a member of the charity, it is only £15 per year and it helps to keep the discussion board running as it does cost Verity money to host it etc so every little really does help us keep going.

Verity is a charity and is run purely by volunteers who all work full time but to try and keep the word going out about PCOS in their spare time and the issues it can have on ladies lives and also to try and educate GP's more on the symptoms of PCOS so that you are not fobbed off or told to come back when you want children.

http://www.verity-pcos.org.uk/about_us/join_verity
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Did you miss the discussion board when it was offline?

Postby miracle19 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi I have tried several times to join but everytime I go to do it it freezes...
I will try again now! but just letting you know. xxx
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Postby miracle19 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Ok ignore last comment this time it worked so no idea why it didn't work before and it was still left in my basket so have done so...

what happened to make it go down then? It had a funny peace sign animation thing which worried me that it had been hacked??? xxx
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Postby Hols969 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Yes I had that peace signal as well... not sure what the issue was tbh. We are struggling to keep verity going due to lack of funds, so that's v much miracle19 xx
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby *~*PINKPIXIE*~* » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:42 am

I joined Verity last year and paid for a 3 year membership, as I think the charity is very important in supporting women with PCOS and has been a lifeline for me in the past.

What does get my goat though is that I offered my support (my time, in a voluntary capacity) in response to an appeal for members to volunteer and spent quite a bit of time setting up a charity ad campaign with Google and all the bits and bobs that go with it. Getting a response from the Chair has been problematic, months at a time for a response and the last time I emailed her was over 6 months ago and no reply. My goals were to raise awareness and to drive more traffic to the Verity web site and eventually in turn get more people to sign up, which would have helped the charity. But my time has been totally wasted and the campaign went nowhere as I didn't have the access I needed to stats from the campaign, could not get the permission details from the Chair and rather than encouraging my efforts I have been treated with less than indifference. This attitude to volunteers is not going to help the charity attract members and secure its future which is such a shame. I have given up even trying to help now.
Miracle #1 - OD, 150mg Clomid, 1500mg Met, Cyclogest

Miracle #2 - 150mg Clomid, 1500mg Met, HCG injection, Cyclogest, Junior aspirin

Natural, surprise pregnancy Dec 2015, MMC Jan 2016
*~*PINKPIXIE*~*

Postby Kasha » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:57 am

Yep, i'll be renewing my membership as soon as i have a little bit of disposable income...

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood