Toothbrush... when to move to an adult version

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Toothbrush... when to move to an adult version

Postby Hols969 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:09 am

Does anyone know when children can move to adult toothbrushes? Noah is almost 8 (where does the time go..sob sob...) and Im trying to find out if he should move to a soft adult one now rather than the children ones but haven't been able to find out on the internet. Any ideas?

Also I suppose when they can move to adult toothpaste as well?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Toothbrush... when to move to an adult version

Postby Yvette75 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:46 pm

They can use adult toothpaste from when they first get teeth. No need to buy children's toothpaste although I have to admit that I do as mine prefer the taste so less teethbrushing battles!

As for adult toothbrush I would say the same no reason why you have to use a child's toothbrush at all, although again I have. Maybe ask your dentist next time you see them?
BFP clomid cycle 5 - 100mg

BFP clomid cycle 7 - 150mg

BFP clomid cycle 1 - 150mg

Yvette75

Postby Hols969 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:15 am

Yes Noah finds the adult toothpaste too 'spicy', we are on the age 6+ now which is mild mint which he is ok with, but have been on the fruity flavour ones up until this one. I think I may just change him to an adult one, Im sure if it is soft it will be ok and his current ones need replacing. Thanks Yvette
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Yvette75 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:51 pm

PMSL at the toothpaste being too "spicy". Christopher says that anything that he doesn't like is "spicy" too.
BFP clomid cycle 5 - 100mg

BFP clomid cycle 7 - 150mg

BFP clomid cycle 1 - 150mg

Yvette75

Postby Kasha » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 am

Some of the adult toothpastes are horrible lol Mine occasionally have children's toothpastes, for the flavour or the character on the front (sigh I was always going to be the mum who refused to buy into such crap but with small children mithering it isn't always possible lol) tho I always check that they are 1400 fluoride. Most of the time they have adult toothpaste tho, and have done from the start.
As for toothbrushes I have no idea! Must confess to Getting Teaghan the same one as Caoimhe, so it's usually a 3-6 yr one as I often get the two pack ones. I suppose it depends how big his mouth is? I also guess it depends whether he wants to carry on using the lovely colourful children's ones??

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:02 pm

Luckily Noah hasn't been that fussed about the Disney etc toothbrushes, so we have avoid that (think we probably did it in the early days tho!!) Not sure how big Noah's mouth is, whether its big enough for adult size, maybe I will get him to use mine to see (he is sure to moan as he wont use the same spoon if we have licked it, most peculiar, even though he is made from me and Jim, something to do with school. Never bit his nails before school, never had an issue with licking from the same spoon as us... aah the joys of school...
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood