bleeding in 2nd trimester

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

bleeding in 2nd trimester

Postby ruby_1985 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi ladies

Has anyone had bleeding that suddenly started in 2nd trimester? I have had light bleeding on and off since last week accompanied with period pains. I fainted on Fri so went to get checked out and was told I'm anemic so thats y fainted but can't find a reason for the bleeding.I have just been given possibilities.

Has anyone had light bleeding and period cramps and its been nothing just one of those things?

I never had this with my previous pregnancies. I thought I was past worrying about miscarriage but now im worryig about it again.

Xxx
ruby_1985

Re: bleeding in 2nd trimester

Postby looey82 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi ruby,

So sorry to read you're having a worrying time. I have heard of several people who have had bleeding in the 2nd trimester and it's been nothing to worry about. Have you BDed recently, do you mind me asking? You can have something called ectropian cervix in pregnancy where some cells from the womb grow down on the cervix caused by he hormone change and they can bleed and are totally harmless.
I would say that I would push for some more checks though if you are getting period pains as well. I'm sure it is nothing and I don't want to worry you but it's best to be safe. Especially if you have fainted recently too. Do you feel well I yourself? What is you gut feeling? Do you feel something else may be wrong? I know it's very hard to say sometimes.
Where did you go to get checked out?
Sending lots of love xx
TTC Mar 08
Clomid#1 May 09-BFP- MMC at 9+2wks
Natural BFP- Dec 09! Lost baby girl at 18+5 wks due to pPROM
12 clomid cycles & 2 x FSH injections with IUI- BFNs
IVF#1- 25 eggs, 8 fertilised, 1 back + 4 frosties!
IVF BFP- Clexane & prog injections, low dose steroids & aspirin
Aug 12- DS born at 27+5wks after 10 weeks of problems
TTC#2 Nov 13
Mar 14- FET 1 embryo transfered- BFP- early MC
IVF DD born at 34+4wks Apr 2015
looey82

Postby ruby_1985 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi hun

Thanks for the reply. No I haven't dtd for weeks so can def rule that out. I'm currently having a lupus flare and just been given steroids to get it under control so that's in the back of my mind. I have had a funny feeling about his preg from word go and when I told my mum I was expecting I said I think it is going to end in tears. So far there has been nothing to suggest this is the case and its just been a strange feeling..... I know that sounds odd!

I went to maternity assessment to be checked. They did an internal and scan and couldn't find any reason. I was just told go back if bleeding gets really heavy. I'm not bleeding constantly just on and off and only a tiny amount when I wipe sorry tmi but its enough to worry me. I had an ecg as my hearts been racing but it came back OK.

Sorry for personal question but did you have bleeding before your son was born? I know lupus puts you at risk of premeture babies. I'm telling myself if it was something bad then the bleeding and cramps would be getting worse not staying the same.

On a positive note baby is ,moving about constantly and is growing fine for dates etc

Xxxx
ruby_1985

Postby looey82 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi again,
Oh you have lupus too! I have probable mixed Connective tissue disease which is several diseases that overlap. One of those is lupus.
Yes I had bleeding and mucus loss for about 10 weeks. I also had period pains.
Did you gave any problems in your previous pregnancies?
Did the maternity assessment know you had lupus? Have they tested your CRP? My docs couldn't see anything on an internal or external scan. It was the bloods that showed up the flare. When did you start the steroids and what dose? They can cause heart palpitations, they did with me in pregnancy.
It's hard not to worry I know but I would definitely take it very easy if you can. I'm sure that helped me get as far as I could. It's so hard to give advice without worrying you and we are not the same people so it may be nothing like what happened to me. Is it bleeding or any mucus loss? Hopefully the steroids will settle the bleeding.
Xx
TTC Mar 08
TTC#2 Nov 13
looey82

Postby ruby_1985 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:13 am

Hi hun

The hos know about the lupus its all over my mat notes too. First preg I had no auto immune conditions, second they had just started lupus wasn't diagnosed but graves disease was right at the start the pregnancy went without any hiccups but I felt I'll throughout. This time I have better then I have in 4 years until 2weeks ago when started to flare and everything is going downhill in how I feel. My thyroid has been very poorly kept under control this preg too dispite been under the how for that too.

My crp was normal and always is even when there is visible swelling. It seems to be a family thing as my brothers never show problems but there is when look inside...hope that makes sense.

Only started the steroids this week was after the faint and heart racing etc. Had an injection of it but I'm still on all my lupus meds....under advice of the docs so they a supposed to reduce the amount of steroids needed. Are you on an immunesuppresant medication? I take so many meds that if you shook me I'd rattle!

At about 17 weeks I had a funny jelly thing come away no idea what it was but just thought it was some strange discharge but I have never had anything like it before. There is no mucus now its just like when you start with a peroid but nit heavy enough to need a panty liner. Just when you wipe its there. Plus its not there every time I go to the loo or even every day. Had about 4_5 occasions in past 10 days.

I'm sure its something and nothing its just with my health history that Im abit more worried of what it might be.

Xxx
ruby_1985

Postby looey82 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi ruby,
I've started hydroxychloriquine recently to try help with a future pregnancy if I'm lucky enough to have one. During my last pregnancy, I was on prednisolone 5mg daily from my BFP but was put up to 20mg when the flare up happened and then reduced down again. I was also on aspirin throughout and Clexane until 18 weeks but stopped as had heavy bleeding. I had bleeding or passed mucus pretty much every day from 17+5 weeks until I delivered and several times I passed huge clots and bled very heavily.
Hopefully if it's such slight bleeding it's nothing to worry about, especially if your on meds to control it. What do you take ?
If your body is trying to cope with a flare, make sure you try take things easy and don't just solider on!
Pm me if you want to chat or are worried about anything else. Xxx
TTC Mar 08
TTC#2 Nov 13
looey82

Postby ruby_1985 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi hun

I take 400mg hydroxychloriquine and 150mg azathrioprine then had 80ml steroid jab. On other meds but its to compensate side effects of tablets or for the thyroid. I was due to start a different immunsupressant but then u can't use it in preg so been kept on the aza. How you finding the hydroxy?

My joints are feeling happier for having the steroid but still got that horrible flu feeling you have when flaring. Trying to keep it easy but not easy with 2 kids. Plus I hate feeling like this so always try and plod through it.

Vise versa if you want to chat then pm me. I know how annoying and frustrating rhuemy things are.

Hoping everything will settle down when flare is over. I'm been scanned every 4weeks so hoping that will show if there is something going on so far all is normal and they can't say why there is some bleeding. To be honest the bleeding isn't worrying me too much its the fact I have period pains too which is what's bothering me plus the fainting.

Xxx
ruby_1985

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood