DVD players for cars

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

DVD players for cars

Postby espoir » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:57 pm

We're preparing for a looong trip, and are thinking of getting a DVD player with screens you can attach to the head rests. However, DS sits in the middle of the car and we're wondering if he'll be able to view if they're not directly in front of him. Any tips or suggestions on ones to buy? We have a portable one, but are worried about it being a flying object in the event of an accident.
espoir

Re: DVD players for cars

Postby Kasha » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:17 pm

We've got a normal child's portable dvd player, which comes in a case designed to strap onto the headrest. It's actually quite secure although how secure it would be in an accident i dont know! My eldest sits in the middle seat, and she had no complaints about not being able to see it ok. I know there are others on here who swear by them, have you done a search? I seem to recall a similar thread not so long ago...

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby Yvette75 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:37 pm

We don't have one (we just go slowly insane listening to children's cds and listening to whinging children!). However, from what I understand the nextbase click and go has been safety tested and is the one that is recommended on the extended rear facing car seat board that I post on.
BFP clomid cycle 5 - 100mg

BFP clomid cycle 7 - 150mg

BFP clomid cycle 1 - 150mg

Yvette75

Postby Kasha » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:23 am

To be honest, we've only used it once in the car too. We go over to York a few times a year, only just over an hr journey but thought the girls might like to,watch a dvd ... Only happened once! Tho we plan to,go to East Anglia next year so it might be employednthen!
Our biggest problem in the car now is Caelan! He slowly winds himself up to screaming pitch and we had to stop on the way back from York last time (we normally drive straight there) so he could have boob to calmmdown...better not,still be doing that next year!

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby cliveceltic » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:32 pm

We just bought a double one for each head rest. Plays 2 separate on both the same DVD.

Do you have kids in all the seats hence ds being in the middle?
ImageImage

cliveceltic

Postby espoir » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks Yvette - I love the look of those DVD players! We haven't used a DVD player yet in the car, as DS doesn't watch TV or DVDs, so not sure it will be of benefit. We already did one 4 hour trip that turned into a much longer one with accidents and stops for feeding, and survived, but we're planning another long one, and want to be prepared. If the forum is a public one, would you mind telling me where I can read more about them?

CC, yes DS is in the middle as the other two are seats are taken. DH has bought a type of case that can be fixed between the two front seats, but am concerned about safety in an accident. We already have a portable player that will fit in it. I do like the idea though of investing in a double that can play different DVDs for the future.
espoir

Postby Yvette75 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:34 pm

It is the extended rearfacing support forum on babycentre.
BFP clomid cycle 5 - 100mg

BFP clomid cycle 7 - 150mg

BFP clomid cycle 1 - 150mg

Yvette75

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood