Is this normal in early pregnancy?

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Is this normal in early pregnancy?

Postby lilly_28 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:13 am

Hi ladies,
looking for a bit of advice/reassurance, i'm coming up to 8wks pregnant, and i have been having some very slight (sorry if tmi) brown discharge, on and off for the last 2 wks, there is no blood and i am not in any pain, i have other preg symptoms, tiredness, sore boobs, some nausea. but this discharge is worrying me! it isn't happening every day and its more like a creamy brown! but when it does i naturally fear the worst!
I had an early scan 2 wks ago cos of pcos I couldn't rely on my dates so had a scan to see how far along i was, it was at my gp surgery so it was only done on a laptop and dr could see the gestational sac but that was all, he assured me this is quite normal as you don't see anything more until after 6 wks and he dated me just before 6 wks!
Ive done a little google search, which suggests things like further implantation?
Just wondered whether anyone else has had a similar thing? what should i do? I haven't seen midwife yet as its too early.
any advice appreciated.
thanks
lilly. xx
lilly_28

Re: Is this normal in early pregnancy?

Postby *~*PINKPIXIE*~* » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:01 am

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I had red blood at around 5 weeks and brown blood at around 7 weeks in my first pregnancy and no cramps, and it was nothing untoward. It probably is implantation as you say. As long as there's not lots of red blood and cramping I would sit tight.

I also had a scan at 5-6 weeks and a gestational sac was seen, no more. Another scan 2 weeks later showed the heartbeat and small baby. :D

Claire
Miracle #1 - OD, 150mg Clomid, 1500mg Met, Cyclogest

Miracle #2 - 150mg Clomid, 1500mg Met, HCG injection, Cyclogest, Junior aspirin

Natural, surprise pregnancy Dec 2015, MMC Jan 2016
*~*PINKPIXIE*~*

Postby espoir » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Do you notice the discharge more when you've over-exerted yourself? I had some light brown dishcharge around this time as well, and I think it was coming from my cervix. As things are growing and stretching it's normal i guess that blood vessels will be breaking, and brown blood is old blood. In my case at 12 weeks I was diagnosed with a low-lying placenta. So, I wouldn't worry too much but at the same time take it easy and rest as much as you can.
espoir

Postby Fitch » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:01 am

Hi

Congratulations!! Just wanted to add that I have had bleeding in all my pregnancies some brown, some fresh red blood, some more than others!! unfortunately 3 ended in early misscarage but my son and current 25 wk bump are here to prove that not all bleeding in pregnancy leads to bad news!! Don't think there is ever a 'normal' in early pregnancy :-)!!

Good luck x
Fitch

Postby Democrazy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:30 pm

Congratulations. Can I ask, why do so many of you seem to have had early scans? My GP has just referred me this week and I have booked a mw appt on Mon. Nervous, but prob not expecting a scan cos they said around 12 weeks the hospital will invite me. It's my first time so I'm guessing this is just the normal procedure.
-Originally on Metformin 1700mg & Dianette for lack of periods, weight loss and skin from 2005-2012
- Concentrating on low GI diet and weight loss
- Conceived naturally 2014
Democrazy

Postby hope07 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:49 am

I would advise calling your mw and asking to be referred to the epau for a further scan.
I've had spotting/bleeding in all my pregnancies- 7 I miscarried and 2 I had healthy full term pregnancies.
Spotting can be harmless but it can sadly also mean something's not well- I truly hope it's nothing but please get checked out. X
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood