Babies Due May/June 2014

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Babies Due May/June 2014

Postby MrsB » Mon May 05, 2014 9:07 am

Hi everyone!

I finished work on Friday! I'm sure it won't feel real until tomorrow when DH goes off to work and I'm left at home! I've got a few jobs to do finishing off the nursery and I have a couple of coffee dates including one with my nct group! I can't believe we're here in May! I wonder who will have their baby first?!!
6 clomid cycles 50mg, all bfn despite oving.
Natural bfp September 2013 just before moving on IVF
DS born June 2014
MrsB

Postby WR83 » Mon May 05, 2014 9:41 am

Hi all, I finished work on Friday too! I agree, not sure it will sink in until tomorrow when I don't have to be up at 7am!!

Not long now for any of us, so exciting!!! Xx
ImageImage

ImageImage
WR83

Postby MrsB » Tue May 20, 2014 8:40 am

How's everyone doing? Any sign of any babies arriving?!
DS born June 2014
MrsB

Postby WR83 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi all! Hope you are all well!

Well I have news (and a nice loooong) birth story for you as our precious little miracle decided our 9 year wait for him was long enough and he decided to come early at 39+2 in the early hours of Sunday morning!

So whilst I can still remember it, here is my birth story (sorry its a bit long!)

Well my mucus plug went at 7.30am on the 15th May so I was hopeful things would get going soon after. At about 6pm on the 16th I had some pretty strong contractions that started to seem more regular so I started timing and they were about 30 seconds long and every 7ish minutes. I went to the loo and noticed I was bleeding and losing more mucus with every contraction. Throughout the evening the bleeding was increasing and they were getting stronger. At about midnight I called the delivery suite to advise and to check that the amount of bleeding was normal. They confirmed it was but then gave me the news that I couldn't go in to be checked as the suite was closed because they had no spare beds!! In that scenario we would be sent to our next nearest hospital of which we have 3 within an hour but scarily all of those were also closed as they were also full so had we been in established labour we would have had to go to Luton which is 2 hours away!! We agreed to wait it out and I had a bath and managed to get a couple of hours sleep when I was suddenly woken up at about 4.30am with a massive painful contraction and after that they got more intense and more frequent! So I called delivery suite again and they were still shut and my contractions weren't frequent enough to go in anyway so carried on waiting! By 6.30am they were closer together and more painful but they were still shut but hoping to be open at 8am. Finally at 9am I called and they were open and agreed I could go in and they could check me over. Got to the hospital and they did a check and I was only 1-2cm so not ready to stay in so was sent back home. After getting home the contractions suddenly ramped up and were sooooo painful! I was screaming in pain every time and couldn't bear it at all, I was crying and totally spaced out and it was just awful! I felt like such a wimp as I knew I was only a few cm dilated and already couldn't cope! In the end I was in so much pain I called the delivery suite again at about 2.30pm and I ended up mid conversation throwing the phone to Michael as I couldn't even talk to the midwife and was just screaming in pain! Needless to say she said to come back in! So off we went again and got there about 3pm and was assessed and was 3-4cm which I was so gutted about as it hurt so much! I was in that much pain I was throwing up, so much so that the lady who was putting my cannula in had to leave the room as I was making her gag!!! They checked babies position and realised he was back to back and with my curved spine they said it was probably explaining why it was hurting me so much for only being 3-4cm. They said I could have an epidural which was one thing I was wanting to avoid but I knew I was not going to get to 10cm if I didn't and what a great decision that was, whoever invented the epidural needs a medal!! I was suddenly pain free and felt amazing! Me and Michael watched the FA Cup final on the telly and I was able to have conversations with people again!! At 7.15pm they assessed me again and I was 5-6cm so they broke my water expecting to see things speed up. Baby had a good solid heart rate at 150-160 but it was quite steady and they like to see it fluctuate to know he is moving about so they asked me to lay on my side. I did this for a while and then at about 10pm ish I asked if I could move onto my back as I was getting so much heartburn and acid in my throat on the side. I rolled onto my back and instantly all the scary things started happening! His heart rate dropped down to 70 and took 5 mins to come back up again! They convinced me it was a one off triggered by me rolling onto my back and him maybe squashing the cord briefly but I could see they were concerned about the 5 mins! I became fixated and completely OCD about watching his heart rate, I couldn't take my eyes off it! They re-assessed me at 11.15pm and I was still 5-6cm! They wanted to put me on a drip to try and speed things up but they were so busy it took them ages to get it sorted and ready to put me on and just before they were about to connect it at 12.30pm, and with me having not moved at all, his heart date plummeted to 70 again. It was just so scary having the oxygen shoved on your face, the alarm going off and people rushing in, especially twice! This time it only took a minute to come back up but obviously it was now twice it had happened and they were concerned about him having been deprived of oxygen for that long. They wanted to test his blood from taking a sample from his head and then go from there. If it was ok then we carried on and started the drip and if it was bad then we go for a cesarean. By this point and made worse with my anxiety disorder, it meant I was then a complete mess and even if the result was good I knew we still had hours to progress to start pushing and I wasn't sure I could handle it if his heart rate dropped again, I was so desperate for a vaginal delivery but having him out and knowing he was well and ok was always number one priority so I asked if we could just do an elective C section without testing which they agreed. Signed the consent form, wheeled into theatre and had my epidural removed and spinal put in. As soon as I lay down after the spinal I was instantly very poorly, went tachycardic and was sick everywhere (being sick laying down flat is actually really hard but I managed it 3 times). We aren't sure if me being poorly caused it but all of a sudden babies heart rate dropped dangerously low, it was apparently so low that they turned the monitors off as it was sending me in panic mode. Suddenly our elective caesarean turned into an emergency one and suddenly the room was full of more people and a paediatrician ready and it was all really scary! The team were amazing though and at 1.52am on 18th May 2014 Thomas Anthony Mulvaney was born after just 6 mins from first incision and hearing him cry was so amazing as I was so hopeful he was ok. I didn't see him for at least 5 mins (felt like years) as he had to be checked by the paediatrician but his Apgar scores came back at 7 and 9 and so everything was ok in the end. He was bundled in blankets and given to Michael and the second I saw him I was in love, he is just so perfect! After a short stay in hospital we finally came home as a family of 3 at about 6pm on the 19th May. He is just the most amazing little bundle of perfection and I can't believe after 9 years of heartache and starting to think it would never happen our dreams really have finally come true!

ImageImage

ImageImage
WR83

Postby Muso79 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Ahhh, congratulations Toni (although wishing I hadn't just read the birth story - eek!). He's beautiful though and so precious after all the trials to get him here x

No news here, little one still bopping around inside and not showing any inclination to make an appearance but will let you all know when she does.

How's everyone else doing? x
Muso79

Postby miracle19 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:24 pm

You know how I feel Toni but just crashing to say how gorgeous Thomas is, how over the moon I am for all of you. Big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Postby duchess-2013 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:38 pm

aaahh congratulations he's absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

no news here. 37 weeks and counting, can't wait to meet baby x
Diagnosed march 2012
Used contraception on and off! (more off than on haha)
March actively ttc, aka gunning for it!
Fertility clinic august
Started clomid August
03/10/13 BFP!!!! After 1st round!!!!
EDD 9th June 2014
duchess-2013

Postby sicily » Tue May 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Wow, what a story Toni! The start sounds very similar to mine and your feelings too! I loved my epidural!! Xx
sicily

Postby MrsB » Wed May 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Huge congratulations Toni! What a story?!! Sorry you had a tough labour. Your little boy is just beautiful though and I'm so happy for you!

No baby news here!!
DS born June 2014
MrsB

Postby WR83 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:51 am

Hi all, hope you are well.... Any sign of any babies?! Xx
ImageImage

ImageImage
WR83

Postby MrsB » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:16 am

No sign here! Booked in for an induction next week. Have resigned myself to being induced as there is no hint of the baby arriving of its own accord! A week late today!

How are you doing Toni? How's your little man?
DS born June 2014
MrsB

Postby WR83 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:44 am

Ah no I am sorry baby is keeping you waiting! Hopefully won't be too much longer! All good here, I can't believe Thomas is 16 days old already!! The time really does fly by and they really aren't 'babies' for long. He has really grown into his features and looks so different to when he was born. I am really missing my bump and all the anticipation of him arriving which is silly as he is here in front of me but I think its hard after waiting 9 years for him, TTC had become such a major part of my life and who I was that overnight with his arrival that's not who I am anymore.... I am now no longer poor old Toni who is 31 and can't get pregnant, I am Toni, at home on maternity leave and mummy to Thomas! It's all I ever dreamed of and wouldn't change it for the world but i seem to find it difficult at the minute to get my head around who I now am (if that makes any sense at all!!)

Anyway thought you might like some new pics to look at:

Xx
ImageImage

ImageImage
WR83

Postby MrsB » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:17 pm

He's beautiful Toni andy look so content and well! I'm sure adjusting to having a baby is hard for anyone but I suppose when you've waited so long, it must almost be a bit surreal!
DS born June 2014
MrsB

Postby littlelolly » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi, I am just crashing this thread from the IVF board to say:

Toni, I am so so thrilled that your little man is finally here and that you now have your own little family. You are such an inspiration to anyone TTC. I am really happy for you and your husband you both must be so happy to finally have little Thomas. He is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy every minute with him because you deserve it. Lots of love.

Mrs B , I'm still keeping an eye out for your little arrival. Let me know when he / she makes an appearance.

Love Lolly xx
littlelolly

Postby MrsB » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi guys!

Just to let you know, our little man Dylan arrived on Sunday morning! All well and loving it!
DS born June 2014
MrsB

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood