Babies due Jan and Feb 2014

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Babies due Jan and Feb 2014

Postby joannapage » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:49 am

Morning everyone!

how's everyone getting on? Hope the second trimester is treating us all well?

Ellie - great news about your 12 week scan and bless your DS, how cute is he! Not long til your private scan, you must be excited. We had a private gender scan at 17 weeks (I am very impatient too lol), was amazing to see baby again. We are also keeping the gender a secret as well, I've managed not to slip up yet!

Fitch - yay to hearing heartbeat but boo to being back at work. You're doing really well not to have any sickness, hope it continues for you

Hope everyone else is doing well?

It's my 20 week scan on Friday which i'm really looking forward to, been having quite a few wriggles and kicks for about a week now, sometimes can see them from the outside and DH got to feel one as well which was nice for him to be involved finally. We've had a gender scan so we know what we're having, been busy buying far too many things!

Anyone else with upcoming scans? Halfway there already!

Love to all xxx
IVF#4 - BFP. DS born 01/14.
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
FET - Nov 15 - chemical pregnancy
Shock Natural BFP - DS2 born 10/16
joannapage

Postby Fitch » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:30 am

Joanna how did the scan go??? Hope it was amazing!!! :-)

So sickness is well and truly here :-( last time it started at 17weeks until I gave birth hopefully this time it will stop soon!!!!

How is everyone else getting on???
Fitch

Postby joannapage » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:19 am

aw Fitch I'm sorry the sickness has caught up with you :( hope it's not too bad for you

scan went well on Friday, all looking as it should be, baby measuring a few days ahead but as it's IVF they won't change my EDD :evil: Also had a sonographer with the personality of a fly so that spoilt the experience somewhat. Had a lot of ligament pain the last few days but baby is moving a lot which is nice and reassuring. Consultant again on Thursday.

How's everyone else getting on? Hope all ok?

xxx
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
joannapage

Postby appylou » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:54 am

Hi all, Just wanted to say congratulations to you. I am 15 weeks pregnant with my first child. It has taken me 15 years to finally conceive. Me and my ex-husband tried for 8 years, I went onto Clomid and not even that worked, we split up last April and I am now with a wonderful man and after just 1 year we managed to fall pregnant naturally!! I found that losing a 3 stone helped (I was previously 16 stone) and we moved into together and got two kittens and they helped me relax so much. So our little one is due on 18th Feb 2014, can't wait for 20 weeks as we'll get to see the little one again and find out what the sex is!! Take care all x
appylou

Postby Fitch » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:09 am

Congratulations and welcome appylou!! What an amazing and hard journey to get you to this point!!! Enjoy it!! My bday is 19th feb so a great time of year to be born!!!! :-)

I have my scan on Friday, I really hate scans, I alway really panic before hand and always expect the worse!! I can feel baby moving and kicking but am now worried that they will find something wrong!! Don't know if its the thought that I am finally getting everything I have dreamt of for years that its to good to be true!!! Is it just me or do other people worry??

Joanna - sickness is still around but it's more feeling sick than actually being sick so not too bad!! Shame your scan was ruined by crap sonographer!! Did you find out what your having?? (On my phone so can't really scroll back sorry if you already said!!) still don't know wether to find out??!!

Hope everyone else is ok x
Fitch

Postby appylou » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi, thanks Fitch. Feb is a great time to be born My partner's sister was born in Feb too!!
I have only had the one scan but I feel like you too. Everyday I keep hoping that everything is ok in there, I wish that the baby could let me know!! I am feeling bubbling sensations at night-time, i'm pretty sure that its the little one moving around as it doesn't develop into anything else. I can't wait to feel proper movement so I know that he/she is ok. Off to see the midwife for our 16 week check-up on Wed, I'm hoping she's going to listen to babies heartbeat just to put my mind at rest. I've finally got over the sickness stage just feel a bit dizzy at the moment, apparently it's due to progesterone relaxing the walls of the blood vessels?! Take care all xx
appylou

Postby Fitch » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi everyone

Had 20 wk scan couple of Fridays back (21wks) and everything is great or 'normal' what ever that is!!! We also found out that baby is a girl!!! So that means one of each!! We are both over the moon and still can't quite believe how lucky and blessed we are!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Fitch

Postby joannapage » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:19 am

Hi all

Great news fitch that your scan went well, and congratulations on team pink! really pleased for you. how is your sickness now? hope it's died down a bit?

applou - bubbling sensations sound like baby to me, I hope you soon start getting proper kicks. Can't be long til your 20 week scan now?

hope everyone else is doing ok?

I had a scary few days last week and was admitted to hospital with a bladder infection and dehydration. All is ok now, just need to keep on drinking. Did get a sneaky scan in as well so know that baby is doing just great, measuring as he should be. We're starting to think about the big things to be buying now too; I've got a growth scan on 17th October so I think after that I will feel reassured enough! Baby is moving lots though which is lovely to feel!

Love to all xxx
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
joannapage

Postby Ellie81 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi all

Glad things are progressing nicely with the bumps.

Congratulations to Fitch on your scan and DD, fab news! So lovely to feel blessed and happy, I'm chuffed for you.
Joanna, getting admitted to hospital sounds scary, though glad it's all cleared up now. Am I right to think your bump is a blue one? It's nice to start to think about buying things. That's one thing I'm sort of missing this time around.
Appylou, welcome! Once you get a bit further on you'll feel lots of really obvious movements all the time which is really reassuring, When's your scan?

AFM, things are ok. I have been so busy with work and looking after my toddler that I haven't found myself focussing on this pregnancy at all, which feels rubbish - my poor neglected baby! I've started going to pregnancy yoga to start to try to give myself some headspace, and this baby some mummy time. We found out that we're having another boy, which we felt a bit sad about at first (not about having a boy - boys are fab, just that it means we might never have a daughter) but now getting my head around being outnumbered at home, dirty football kits, smelly socks, toilet seats being left up etc etc! The idea of two little boys playing dens, pirates, BMXs etc is enough to cheer me up! Haven't had my 20 week scan yet, but fingers crossed all will be ok next week when we have it.

Everyone else, hope you're doing ok.

xx
Age 33, DH 36
PCOS diagnosed 2005
DS1 born May 2011
DS2 born Jan 2014
My Ovulation Chart
Ellie81

Postby joannapage » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:56 am

Hi Ellie - yep I am team blue! How are you finding yoga? I've enrolled on a course and start in a couple of weeks, can't wait to see if it cures any of my aches and pains! When is your scan?

I have my GTT next week which i'm not looking forward to, I've no idea how i'm not going to eat first thing, I'm guessing i'll be feeling ropey by the end of the test.

appylou / fitch - how are you getting on? hope all's well with you and bumps

xxx
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
joannapage

Postby Fitch » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:13 am

Hi everyone how are you all??

I'm good at the mo sickness seemed to only last a couple of weeks!! :-) my bump feels MASSIVE don't think I was this big at term with my son!!! I have been booked a GTT in a couple if weeks, don't really know what to expect!! What happens, what do I have to do, how long will it take??

Congrats on team blue Joanna!! :-) how did your GTT go??

Congratulations on team blue as well Ellie!! :-) 2 little boys playing together is lovely!! Hope your 20wk scan went well!!

X
Fitch

Postby joannapage » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 am

Hi Fitch - great to hear that your sickness didn't hang around this time! I've got my GTT on Friday so will know more then, but i know I've got to fast from 10pm on Thursday, then have a blood test at 9.15, drink some horribly sweet drink, then another blood test 2 hours later. I don't know how i'll cope not eating for that long!

I'm jealous that you have a big bump, I think mine is still quite small :(

Ellie - hope your 20 week scan went well?

How's everyone else getting along?

Has everyone started buying things yet? I'm still scared that i'm tempting fate so all we have so far is clothes.

Love to all xxx
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
joannapage

Postby joannapage » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:27 am

Just rescuing our thread from slipping over a page!

how's everyone getting on? Hope all ok?

Fitch have you had your GTT yet?

I got my results and thankfully all clear! Had a growth scan yesterday and all going well, baby is breech at the moment but plenty of time to move around yet!

xx
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
joannapage

Postby appylou » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi all, been a while since I posted!

Hope that everyone and bumps are doing well.

Everything is moving great, we had our 20 week scan and from what they could see the baby was perfectly normal, and we found out that we are having a boy!! We had to go back today for another scan (22weeks 2days) as the sonographer said that he couldn't see quite everything (his exact words were, "Theres alot of you to go through"!!!! I'm not that big though!!), so we had the scan today and it turns out he's a perfectly healthy normal little chap woop woop! She was quite surprised that we conceived naturally as she had a look at my ovaries and apprently they are really badly covered!! So he really is a little miracle. We've already decided on a name, Toby. I've had lots of kicks and squirming, can't feel him on the outside yet.

Take care all,

Love April xxx
appylou

Postby Ellie81 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi lovely ladies

Sorry I haven't been on for ages! Congratulations to April on your scan, another boy, great name, and wow what a miracle!! Though that sounds like a really rude sonographer, I think I would have struggled to hold my tongue.

Good to hear things are progressing nicely Joanna, and Fitch hope the GTT was clear.

My scan was fine, though had to be done over two occasions as my pesky boy just wouldn't get into the right position. He's very busy too, kicking about the whole time. I'm enjoying the yoga - would recommend it. What I would not recommend is continuing to do a very busy job with lots of international travel - I'm knackered.

Blimey the time is going fast, we're all now heading into third trimesters, I'm personally panicking a bit!

Love to all x
Age 33, DH 36
PCOS diagnosed 2005
DS1 born May 2011
DS2 born Jan 2014
My Ovulation Chart
Ellie81

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood