Babies due Jan and Feb 2014

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Babies due Jan and Feb 2014

Postby Fitch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:49 am

Hi I thought I would bite the bullet and start a new topic on babies due jan 2014!!!!

I am currently 8+2 days pregnant, with my 5th pregnancy (3 misscarages, 1 son) my son is 6 months old, so a close gap, but very much planned and wanted!!

When I was pregnant with my son i was always worried about loosing him or something going wrong so I didn't enjoy a second of being pregnant, felt that I stopped myself bonding with baby until he was safely in my arms!! so I have told myself that this time what ever may happen I am gonna enjoy it and be grateful to be pregnant!!

I hope that some of you will be brave enough to join me in enjoying being pregnant, and celebrating the fact that what ever may happen for now we are happy!! :-)

Carla x
Last edited by Fitch on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fitch

Re: Babies due Jan 2014

Postby splodge79 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi Carla,

I will be brave with you, seeing as you have started it off!

I am 9 + 4 with my second. Very unexpected pregnancy so just keeping everything crossed for now!
I have a 5 yr old son who was conceived with the help of clomid (5th cycle), after about 2 years of trying. We did try again when he was about 3 yrs old, but were refused NHS treatment second time around and so decided after about 18 months that it was not to be - and I was totally happy with one. DH has 2 from a previous marriage so all seemed ok for us.

I have been on met since DS was about a year old as I find it really helpful in managing symptoms of pcos. It had regulated my cycle in as much as I was having AF about every 6-8 weeks with the odd longer cycle thrown in for fun. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I knew 'something' wasn't right - as having eliminated everything else, a pregnancy test was the last thing before I went to GP. Lo and behold - very positive BFP staring at me :shock: :shock:

I had a scan around 7 weeks (as i turned out to be then) and have seen a heartbeat so I am very much keeping positive for now. It's been a journey getting my head around it - not least having an age gap of nearly 6 years, and the fact that I am in the middle of changing jobs (oops!!) but I think I am getting there.

Sooo - EDD 11th Jan 2013 :D
Jo XxX

splodge79

Postby Kat23 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi Fitch and Splodge,

Congratulations, and i am tentatively joining you too. I am 7 weeks and have a scan coming up and first midwife's appointment. This is my first and i am surprised i am not as neurotic as i thought i would be, just have the occasional worry about whether things will be ok but i guess that is normal for everyone. I'm trying not to run away with myself and start buying things. We hoped to not tell people till 12 weeks but as soon as i found out have been so excited so have told a few very close people. Will be helpful to chat to other ladies who've already been through it once as i have to admit i was shocked and overwhelmed when i got the BFP.
xx
Aug 2011- off BC and ttc Dec 2011
May 12 - metformin 1500 mg
Jan/Feb/Mar 2013- Clomid 50 mg ov date 15/16- BFN
April 13- Clomid 50 mg- BFP in May but mc July
July- natural BFN
August- Clomid 50 mg-
My Ovulation Chart
Kat23

Postby Fitch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi splodge

Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy!!! And secondly thank you so much for being brave and joining me!!! :-)

They do say that once you relax and stop ttc you conceive!! Is your husband happy with the unexpected news?? (Only ask as you said you had decided that 1 was enough!!)
Me and my husband have always said we wanted 2 but after 6 years of trying and 3 misscarages when we finally had our son
we decided to be grateful for having 1 healthy child and anything extra was a bonus, so imagine out surprise 4 months later when i had a BFP!!! Which is why I am gonna TRY and enjoy every second whatever happens!! Feel so disappointed in myself for not enjoying and constantly worrying throughout my pregnancy i had put up a real barrier and refused to let myself belive i was finally having a baby until he was in my arms!!! and i really don't want to do that again!!
i also had a scan at 6+3 and saw a strong heartbeat so like you I am a little bit more positive!!

I wish you all the luck in the world for the next 7 months and I'm gonna enjoy chatting to you and hopefully a few more will join us soon!!!!

When's your 12 week scan??
Fitch

Postby Fitch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Sorry kat I must have been writing my message when you wrote yours!! Congratulations to you too and thanks for joining us!!!! Will be happy to answer any questions I can with regards to pregnancy!! Good luck with scan and midwife!! Let us know how you get on!!

Wish you the bet of luck for the next 8 months!!
Fitch

Postby splodge79 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:32 pm

ah congratulations kat! fingers crossed everything goes well for you!

I've not actually booked in with a midwife yet, so no idea about 12 week scan! how about you Carla?
Jo XxX

splodge79

Postby Fitch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Ha ha I haven't booked with the dr yet either do no idea about 12 wk scan or midwife appt!!! Maybe book appt with dr tomorrow!!

How are you both feeling?? Any sickness ect
Fitch

Postby Kat23 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:09 am

Hi,

I was quite lucky in a way i already had my dr's appointment booked as i was scheduled for lap, dye and OD shortly and needed some more tests before. Then i found out was pregnant and just kept the appointment to tell them. They booked me very quickly for midwife though and gave me a bumper pack with free samples and books, have been happily reading up everything. I was surprised they ask you about birth on your first appointment, thought that was very soon! and i have been made paranoid about diet and started worrying about that a bit, need to make a few changes i think!

How are you both feeling? hope you both have happy and healthy pregnancy.

re how feeling i've not had that much sickness, had occasional nausea which has gone away with eating cereals (seem to love them at the moment! that and having an urge for fruit/fruit juices). Some smells i find very strong too, like if i smell someone near me who has smoked, and when i went out for a meal smell of someone's red wine made me feel a bit queasy. Some days i seem to get a light cramping i don't know if this normal? oh and i am spotty :(
xxx
Aug 2011- off BC and ttc Dec 2011
May 12 - metformin 1500 mg
Jan/Feb/Mar 2013- Clomid 50 mg ov date 15/16- BFN
April 13- Clomid 50 mg- BFP in May but mc July
July- natural BFN
August- Clomid 50 mg-
My Ovulation Chart
Kat23

Postby joannapage » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi ladies.... I am being brave and joining you if I may?!

I'm 9+4 with my first after our 4th ivf attempt and my 3rd miscarriage so to say i'm a bit scared is an understatement.

I've had 2 scans already and the first showed twins but unfortunately at the second scan only one baby had continued developing but had a nice strong heartbeat and was perfect for the dates so i'm hopeful that he (i'm convinced it's a boy!) will keep on growing.

symptoms wise they are coming and going but definitely sickness and tiredness and big food aversions, in fact all i want to eat is junk, and lots of it!

i haven't got an appointment yet with my midwife, hoping to get that sorted asap.

looking forward to getting to know you all and big congratulations on all the bfp's!

I know of another couple of ivf ladies who have got their bfp's recently, i hope they'll be brave enough to join us recently too

xxx
IVF#4 - BFP. DS born 01/14.
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
FET - Nov 15 - chemical pregnancy
Shock Natural BFP - DS2 born 10/16
joannapage

Postby Fitch » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Congratulations Joanna on your BFP and for being brave to join!!! :-)

I understand how scared you must be when you have sadly suffered 3 misscarages, I also had 3 but my son is proof that it can happen!!! Sorry to hear about the twin but yey for a healthy baby (boy!!) :-)

Kat I had lots of cramping infact for the first few weeks I was convinced period was on way as it was that type of pain!!! It gets worse with all the stretching!!! Later on I remember sneezing or coughing and then you get shooting pains!!! don't worry so much about eating crap, I only ever fancied crap when I was pregnant so that's mostly all I ate!! I only put on 11/2 stone and must of had McDonald's every other day!!! ;-)

Symptom wise I have nothing infact I feel great!! I do remember when pregnant with my son I felt really good until 17 wks ten the sickness, bad skin, bad hair and basically feeling crap came on so maybe that's what will happen this time!! Maybe another boy???
Fitch

Postby debs29 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi everyone - can I be another tentative member of the Jan 2014 board???

I am 9weeks 5days pregnant today and I suffered a miscarriage in December so like a few of you already I am very anxious and desperately hoping all will be well! I had my first midwives appointment on Monday and it wasn't the exciting experience I envisaged. The first thing she mentioned was my miscarriage and did nothing to put my mind and rest. I am booked in with her in 2 weeks for blood tests - do you think you can change midwives until you find one you feel a connection with?? I am waiting for my scan date to come through!

Symptoms wise I had nausea until about 8 weeks and since have had very little. I still feel tired and have massive food aversions - like some of I could eat junk food all day long - chips, crisps, chocolate cake!! My midwife did say just to eat what you can but drink plenty of fluids.

We may well be a forum of boys as I also have strong feelings I have a wee boy in here! I look forward to sharing all our experiences on here and enjoying being pregnant!

Fitch - thanks for setting up board - I totally relate to what you said about your pregnancy with your son - that is what I was like until about 7 weeks then I felt so guilty that I wasn't attached like I was with my last pregnancy that I have been determined to relax and be grateful for being pregnant - I'm not sure I'd have the courage to join this thread yet if you hadn't shared that - thank you! Did you phone your doctors today for an appointment?

Splodge - we have the same EDD :) What an exciting way to find out were pregnant! I am 6 years older than my only brother and we have always been very close so I always think 6 years is perfect!! I hope you get settled into your new job so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy stressfree (or as stress free as possible).

Kat - I too am feeling very overwhelmed about BFP - and very excited if all goes well! I can't believe they asked about birth at your first appointment - that would have freaked me out - I'm not ready to think of how an 8lb baby gets out quite yet :wink: What changes did they recommend for your diet???

Joanna - I've been brave enough - we are on the pregnancy boards at last - yippee xxxx

A massive congratulations to you all - I look forward to sharing our journeys xxxx

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIU3rZf/]
debs29

Postby Fitch » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:36 am

I'm in my phone so not a big post but just wanted to say welcome to debs!! And congratulations!!! i think I responded to your post in the loss section, I was really pleased for you when you posted that you hadn't lost your baby!!! :-)

X
Fitch

Postby Ellie81 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:49 am

Hi ladies

Another tentative toe in the Jan 14 water?! Fitch, thanks for setting up the thread. I'm 6+2 today so very early days. Technically EDD 5th Feb but will be having a C-section so likely the end of January sometime. Great to see faces on here from the TTC boards too. Congratulations everyone! I'm here with baby no. 2, fortunately conceived quickly, so feeling very blessed and lucky. Though we BD 3.5 days before ov, so I wasn't expecting anything to happen the month we conceived. No actual sickness yet but have been having waves of nausea and massive tiredness, particularly in the evenings. 12 week scan is on 25th July. I was very worried all the way through my last pregnancy, I think mostly because I have another health issue so didn't know whether the pregnancy was going to work out with the condition. But in the end it was all relatively plain sailing, so going to try to enjoy this one, as others have said. I've got a strong feeling it's a girl (my first was a boy), but we'll see. We didn't find out last time but I think we will this time.

Looking forward to sharing our 9 months together! xx
Age 33, DH 36
PCOS diagnosed 2005
DS1 born May 2011
DS2 born Jan 2014
My Ovulation Chart
Ellie81

Postby joannapage » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:39 pm

hi everyone, hope all ok?

Welcome Ellie and congratulations! I hope your nausea doesn't get any worse for you and that you can manage to relax your way through this pregnancy

Debbs - well done for taking the scary step hon and thank you for your message this morning xx

Fitch - I never said thank you for setting up the board! Have you got yourself a GP appointment yet?

Splodge - im just a day behind you and Debs I think :) I can't imagine your shock getting your BFP! How will it affect your new job do you think? Will you still be able to claim the maternity pay etc?

Kat - we got a bit carried away as well and have told parents and grandparents this time around, it's so easy to get excited though isn't it. Have you a date for your scan and midwife? Do you know your EDD? I am also spotty so i feel your pain there!

I had a bit of a bad/paranoid day yesterday and was convinced everything was going wrong. Picked myself up again today though. DH surprised me yesterday with booking a private scan as well, so we have that on Sunday. So hope everything is still ok and I can relax a bit more!

Also having a bit of a mare getting hold of a midwife, i've left 4 messages now over the last 7 days and no-one has called me back so I'm still none the wiser re booking in or NHS scans!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend xxx
IVF#4 - BFP. DS born 01/14.
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
FET - Nov 15 - chemical pregnancy
Shock Natural BFP - DS2 born 10/16
joannapage

Postby splodge79 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi all, and huge welcomes to the new joiners! I'm on my phone so can't scroll back for names-sorry!
I think someone asked about symptoms? I have had far more than last time around! Lots of nausea, prey constant if I'm honest! Been sick too many times to count too-joy! also really tired.
I had my first appt with midwife yesterday and I had to say it was awful. I expected to get moaned at about much weight, so was ready for that one- answer the referral to consultant, list of risks etc even though my last pregnancy was totally fine, just labour that was interfering! But she asked my last period and I said I can tell you but its meaningless due to pcos etc and I've had early private Sun so can give you a more accurate date, but she wasn't interested and insisted on using my lmp which puts me about 3 weeks ahead of where I am with an edd of xmas eve. Grrr! She then needless to say I left after that- must find out what other midwifes the bad the cheek to moan again that I had left it so late to book in that I was outside of the timetable to have the Nuchal testing! I'm like no, I still have plenty of time and if you would just listen you would know!! Needless to say I left soon after- mist find out what other midwife there are.
So that's been my week-hope everyone else is better! Have a good weekend all
xx
Jo XxX

splodge79

Next

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood